Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Rochdale v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 19346 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 20:35:13 »

You must be getting pissed off moaning about the performances on your journeys home Duke!

Bloody frustrating 🔥
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 20:35:51 »

As someone once said, a “zone” never scored a goal

It might work for the top teams in Europe but not league2. Im old school pick up anyone who isn't marked!

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 20:36:33 »

Bloody frustrating 🔥

Hats off to you all who travel everywhere.

So, give no fucks
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 20:52:33 »

I didn’t watch today - not being IT literate enough to get I follow in UK on a Saturday - however I think some of the criticism of Morris is unfair.
He inherited an unbalanced squad - lacking in central defence, defensive midfield and a centre forward in the Simpson/Davison style to support Austin, plus very little experience. This has been made worse by a dreadful run of injuries, and poor discipline on the field leading to red cards / suspensions for Khan and RHM - all meaning that we can never play the same team in consecutive games, and have had a makeshift defence in most if not all of his games.
Despite that, if we look closely we can see a style of play developing, and he does make substitutions which change the game for the better (we have seen on several occasions).
I agree totally that recruitment needs to be better (I guess affordability may be a problem) - January in particular was shocking - although even before the window in my view the squad was poor.
However the search for a scapegoat is unhelpful - it was Lindsey before Christmas (some were saying this squad should be challenging for automatic promotion) now it’s Sandro.  It’s more complicated than that. I don’t particularly have an answer - but sacking Sandro will do nothing beyond satisfying those who are calling for him to go.
But do any of us really know who makes the decisions and has the final say?
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 20:54:52 »

I'm not going to judge Morris based on this season however I've just heard his post match interview. Fills me with some optimism as at least he's seen the game the same way we have. Whether he can do anything about it with the tools we have is another matter entirely.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 21:04:17 »

Not equipped to do so.
Equally watching the likes of Darcy and Wakeling getting tamely knocked off the ball exposes it further.
We lack physicality.

Quite frankly I’d expect professionals to be able to mark a man and go with him if he runs and challenge the header
Whingy the poo

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 21:44:10 »

Att: 2,611 (away not given)

397 I believe

From the Rochdale scoreboard.  Head Hurts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 21:59:37 »

Quote from: DiV
There is something he could do.

Work on defending corners. Fuck me, we can put as much blame on Sandro as we want but how hard is it to get a set of professional players to defend fucking corners.

fair. 3 In a row now. plus they had oneb header disallowed and one that went wide from a good position.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 22:00:54 »

They probably have been but maybe it's not sinking in!

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 22:03:24 »

Quote from: NotHarryAgombar
Despite that, if we look closely we can see a style of play developing, and he does make substitutions which change the game for the better

agree with the substitutions.

I'm still struggling with the style. But others have said the same as you so I must be missing it.

I'm not being anti Morris, I'm just struggling with what we are trying to do. Maybe it'll be more obvious with his players
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 22:20:27 »

fair. 3 In a row now. plus they had oneb header disallowed and one that went wide from a good position.

Not that long ago we won away at Northampton and defended superbly against a barrage of corners.
We had a League Two experienced defender that is no longer at the club and a defender almost out for the season that can header the ball.

It’s frustrating but can only hope we learn from this.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 22:25:20 »

Hats off to you all who travel everywhere.

Often question the sanity.
It’s an expensive hobby. It’s not just the 90 minutes mind, if it was I would have given up a long time ago. You meet some cracking people on the travels and lads that you have got to know over years of supporting Swindon.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 22:29:28 »

Often question the sanity.
It’s an expensive hobby. It’s not just the 90 minutes mind, if it was I would have given up a long time ago. You meet some cracking people on the travels and lads that you have got to know over years of supporting Swindon.

Wrexham next season not sure if you've been to the Racecourse ground before (Arena Stadium)

So, give no fucks
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 22:33:08 »

It’s hard to believe we have a player who scored four today and it’s not the main talking point. I’ve seen James Collins do it v Pompey, and remember Shearer doing it v Plymouth, but there can’t be many more in the past 39 years.

McKirdy last season v Northampton.
Seems a long time ago now.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #404 on: Saturday, March 18, 2023, 22:48:44 »

Not equipped to do so.
Equally watching the likes of Darcy and Wakeling getting tamely knocked off the ball exposes it further.
We lack physicality.

Spot on. Until the powers that be at the club recognise this we aren’t going up next season either, or the season after

You don’t get out of this shithole of a division with zero physicality or height in the side
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: