Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is it to hopeful to get into the play offs  (Read 3280 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 18:31:57 »

Even that team, which is probably close to the best, is riddled with issues.

The two at centre back looked very suspect when together, it completely messes with FBT being on the right side.  Clayton is still learning the game.

Midfield is a shooting gallery for the opposition - Khan is not discplined enough to be a lone player, which he would be in that formation.  not just literally speaking, but in terms of holding position.

Shade is meh at best and Wakeling should be used as he has the past two games, in and out.  Not getting burned out by playing every game.  Like Clayton, he should be developed, not relied upon.

Two fullbacks would be our best options I think, but not going to play for a while.  So it will actually be Hutton and Iandolo.  Hutton is not really a defender, Iandolo is Iandolo.
Fair enough but all we're after here is to finish 7th in a piss poor inconsistent league in which we've already taken points from every single team currently above us. It's not a great team I've drawn up but it's plenty good enough to finish 7th I reckon. I know it depends on everyone being available but imagine a bench with Hutton Brennan Darcy RHM Jephcott and Cain/Kadji. It's a decent enough squad. In my opinion FBT is a better CH than Conroy and MacDonald and I'm not prone to writing him and Clayton off as a pair in a back four after,what,one game? McEachran promises to be an upgrade on this season's Louis Reed and if Austin had been here all season I'm sure he would have notched as many as McKirdy last season so that bodes well for the rest of the campaign.Yes,agree Khan is a hot head but that can change  if he learns a lesson,still a consistent performer for us so far.So,no. It's not too hopeful for me
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 18:40:39 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 18:50:16 »

Reading the other thread we are likely to be short of Khan for 3-5 games as well.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 18:56:36 »

Even that team, which is probably close to the best, is riddled with issues.

The two at centre back looked very suspect when together, it completely messes with FBT being on the right side.  Clayton is still learning the game.

Midfield is a shooting gallery for the opposition - Khan is not discplined enough to be a lone player, which he would be in that formation.  not just literally speaking, but in terms of holding position.

Shade is meh at best and Wakeling should be used as he has the past two games, in and out.  Not getting burned out by playing every game.  Like Clayton, he should be developed, not relied upon.

Two fullbacks would be our best options I think, but not going to play for a while.  So it will actually be Hutton and Iandolo.  Hutton is not really a defender, Iandolo is Iandolo.

Accurate assessment.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, February 21, 2023, 18:57:36 »

Crawley’s last 4 games - 4 shots on target.

Gladwin out injured.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: