Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sutton v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 22843 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:13:39 »

Season over. Can't blame Morris. Ref fucked us tonight. Sandro and Lindsey and maybe some of the direction from Clem has fucked us for the season.

Big job coming up Jody.

Eh, the first goal was a ref fuck up, but it was 100% coming from 60 minutes onwards and we shat the bed again immediately after.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:13:47 »

Is it any coincidence that when we play with 3 at the back we lose, we have been better during the season when we have had 4 at the back
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:16:48 »

What is it for play offs? Around 70 points? We'll need to win 10 of the last 16 games.

Not gonna happen is it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:21:16 »

I managed to miss the first half due to a meeting at work.  The second was a question of when we'd let them score, although a couple of breakaways from Wakeling (playing the role he should play at this stage of his development, making an impact not being relied upon).

Darcy was a joke defending the cross for their second.  Probably a foul for their first but they'd still have scored I think.  We looked liked we have for a lot of the season - in the game, but nothing special.  We have rarely been thumped and we've only done a couple of teams ourselves.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:21:28 »

Why did I think getting a ticket to the Salford match was a good idea.

Masochism I guess.

Never knowingly overstated.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:21:57 »

Sutton subs were bigger still and we countered with lightweights.

Wakeling excepted from criticism - he stole a couple of angled shots that could have been finished had anyone been following up.

Didn't closely see the first goal but was relaxed as hell that it would be Brynn's. I think the Sutton player has a right at least to challenge.  Brynn usually punches when in any doubt.  I'm thinking it's Brynn's ball to clear if the catch is in doubt.  Without a closer look, that's Brynn's blunder rather than Brakspear's.

Disastrous subs.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:23:18 »

Absolute fucking shit again. This team has no toughness, no physicality, no fight. When the going gets tough, this team shits itself. The worst thing is: it was so inevitable. You just knew it was going to happen. We didn't deal with the aerial bombardment all game and there was just nothing to suggest we could hold on.

The blame lies solely with Sandro I'm afraid. He recruited for this team. He picked a load of 'projects'. He has signed what to me is a completely unbalanced squad, lacking in experience and certain players that you just need.

Fed up of this shite.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:25:26 »

Ahh a bloody frustrating loss. A seemingly steady and improved 1st half, to take Town into the lead at HT. A position which should have been built upon.

Alas, and as predicted Lee "cunting" Angol pops up with a UFC assisted goal. Town's confidence evaporates quicker than a tin of Carnation Milk and Sutton press instantly for a 2nd and winning goal.

2 sucker punches in 2 games with a "mad 5mins" on both occasions. Sub timings weren't a problem but the personnel off was strange with Jephcott being subbed instead of Austin (who again was out on his arse toward the latter stages).

'...and Swindon have collapsed and crumbled!' Cunty McCuntsticks!!

NB: Not sure why the fuck I've now got BBC Radio Greater Manchester on BBC Wilts but all I can hear is people who sownd lerke Vernon fucking Kay!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:27:34 »

Season over. Can't blame Morris. Ref fucked us tonight. Sandro and Lindsey and maybe some of the direction from Clem has fucked us for the season.

Big job coming up Jody.

He’s an academy coach so far removed from real football.
It’s going to all end in tears.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:27:43 »

Against physical sides you’ll need fresh legs. We had kids. They had grown ups. It’s the worst squad depletion we have had since we disintegrated in Wilson’s last season. Possibly worse. It has coincided with Di Michele. So yes he is to blame, but so is whoever appointed him (Morfuni, Z Austin?). A pitiful season in this shit division and with Di Michele pulling strings I’ve zero confidence it’ll improve.

It’s like having a team of Anthony McNamees. One midget was a “luxury”. 6 or 7 of them in a team…. ??
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:38:53 by Frigby Daser » Logged
swindon74

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:28:23 »

Being at pitch level, the sheer difference in physicality was massive, we have no one to bring on when we are trying to shut up shop. They are full of giants pinging balls into our box, and we are bringing on darcy to counteract it!
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:31:10 »

Simply put................ There is no experience or spine in the current playing staff.

Frenchy out for the season Macdonald moved out, Gladwin moved on and no replacements.

What the hell did Morris see in coming to Swindon Huh?  

This is a fuck up.  
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:31:32 »

Adeloye out 'sick' tonight.

Fjortoft reckons he is good when he is fit. And bemoaned the fact that you can't get into a rhythm of influence anything having only played 300 mins in a season.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:33:19 »

Morris has been dealt and fucking shit hand, hasn’t he?

Only experienced centre back, and club captain let go on deadline day and not replaced.
Spent the first 3 games of his tenure without his assistant alongside him.
Stupid sending offs, awful refereeing decisions and players who are simply not up to it.

Poor bloke must wonder what he’s let himself in for.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Tuesday, February 14, 2023, 21:33:48 »

What the hell did Morris see in coming to Swindon Huh?  This is a fuck up. 

Not a manager,lucky to get the job in my opinion

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: