Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Newport v Swindon matchday thread  (Read 21897 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 15:10:26 »

Just finally watched the highlights.

RHM was stupid. I’ve seen the pic of his leg but can’t really see how / where that happened in that altercation. It just looks like a tangle and then he gets up and pushes the defender tracking back and not the one who he tangled with. I’m assuming the one he pushed stamped on his leg whilst he was on the ground but really can’t see it.

Probably can be critical of the goals conceded but on the highlights they both look well taken to me. Peach of a cross for they first and whilst he’s got space in behind Iandolo I can only assume due to the extra man he (and the centre half) were probably split between men.

Brennan gets turned but think you give the Newport player credit for that. He’s sold him down the river.

Decent run & cross from Iandolo and a decent finish from Tomi. Hopefully that’s the start of his bottom division Fjortoft redemption arc but we shall see.

Whilst I listened to the game (whilst entertaining a 4 year old) and have only seen the highlights - I think we could have done better for goals (can’t you always?) but it wasn’t exactly prime Swindon shooting our selves in the foot completely our own fault style defending.
Newport deserve a bit of credit for the well taken goals.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 16:51:43 »

Saw on someone else's Twatter feed that RHM has posted an image of the injury- open wound to the knee/ lower thigh. That sort of shit makes people respond in funny ways and possibly explains RHM's reaction?
Just out of interest I recall he has a history of injury, have any of these been caused by shitty tackles? Another Robinson vs. McGinley situation?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 19:15:00 »

RHM will wish he could rewind to kick off I’m sure. He’s a young man, who would have thought he had a Premier League career ahead of him at 18/19, who had over a year out, and got back to fitness and seems to revel at the thought of playing L2 football. I’ve got a problem with players who show a bad work rate and don’t track back. I can tolerate a one-off impulse reaction, so let’s lay off him. If it becomes a thing, then it’s a problem, but give the guy a chance….
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 00:33:07 »

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

Yer tis

Some women (and men) really need to go more gently with their teeth!  Soapy Tit Wank
« Last Edit: Monday, February 6, 2023, 00:41:28 by BambooToTheFuture » Logged

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 09:43:46 »

Didn't see the incident live, but looking at the highlights the contact does seem to be in the head / face area which would be a red.
In the chest and he probably gets a yellow.
As per usual the contact possibly might not have been enough for their guy to go down clutching his face like he did.
But that's the way of it unfortunately.

By the letter of the law - Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Usually on commentary they make reference to 'raising your arms/hands' and RHM clearly did that. I personally think he raised his hands and pushed the defender away with reasonable force on his chest, possibly just around the neck area at a push.

My gripe - (and whilst I understand why players do it) is the pathetic reaction of the Newport player holding his face/head when there had been absolutely no contact in that area. Given that the concussion protocols around head knocks are prevalent at the moment, I think there needs to be stricter rules around footballers play-acting with the sole purpose to get the opponent sent off by feigning they have been struck in the head. There are surely enough cameras in grounds that can ascertain whether a player, who is clearly on the ground in 'pain' holding his head actually had any contact in that part of his body. If there was none, he gets a 1 game ban.

Professional footballers are peak athletes, (usually) built sturdily, to act the way some do is shameful.  

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 09:53:21 »

No worse than FBT last week when he went down holding his face after he’s clearly handled the ball in the penalty box

That’s heavily laden with sarcasm just to reference
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 11:08:30 »

By the letter of the law - Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.

Usually on commentary they make reference to 'raising your arms/hands' and RHM clearly did that. I personally think he raised his hands and pushed the defender away with reasonable force on his chest, possibly just around the neck area at a push.

My gripe - (and whilst I understand why players do it) is the pathetic reaction of the Newport player holding his face/head when there had been absolutely no contact in that area. Given that the concussion protocols around head knocks are prevalent at the moment, I think there needs to be stricter rules around footballers play-acting with the sole purpose to get the opponent sent off by feigning they have been struck in the head. There are surely enough cameras in grounds that can ascertain whether a player, who is clearly on the ground in 'pain' holding his head actually had any contact in that part of his body. If there was none, he gets a 1 game ban.

Professional footballers are peak athletes, (usually) built sturdily, to act the way some do is shameful.   
I thought he pushed in the chest too maybe further up near his neckline but there was absolutely no contact to the face which Norman insinuated by clutching his face and going down like he'd been hit by a sniper.  Disgraceful by their player really but seems to be more and more prominent in modern day football players duping referee's.  Neyma is a prime example of that
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #442 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 11:34:48 »

I thought he pushed in the chest too maybe further up near his neckline but there was absolutely no contact to the face which Norman insinuated by clutching his face and going down like he'd been hit by a sniper.  Disgraceful by their player really but seems to be more and more prominent in modern day football players duping referee's.  Neyma is a prime example of that
Absolutely correct.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 11:53:59 »

To be honest, I think RHM was getting the red regardless of what the Newport player was holding.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #444 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 12:17:29 »

To be honest, I think RHM was getting the red regardless of what the Newport player was holding.
He was, and he deserved it 100% for his reaction, but the Newport player was doing his best to con the ref and it worked.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 12:24:12 »

He was, and he deserved it 100% for his reaction, but the Newport player was doing his best to con the ref and it worked.

Not that it really matters, but Nathan Blake who was doing co-comms on the Newport feed did criticise the Newport player for his behaviour and thought that a yellow apiece would have been his interpretation of the incident.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #446 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 14:24:33 »

Do we know how many Town fans were there yesterday?
Att: 4,757 (1,000 Swindon Town fans)

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 14:59:41 »

I was so close attendance wise😀

Re: Newport v Swindon matchday thread
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 2, 2023, 09:57:17 »
Newport 1 Swindon 3 Att: 4,780 (1050 Reds)

So, give no fucks
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Tuesday, February 7, 2023, 17:09:31 »

Cheers.

I wonder if they quoted the number of tickets sold, or whether everyone turned up
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: