Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bradford v Swindon  (Read 15827 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 09:14:00 »

Be very disappointed if Aguiar replaced Williams. Was hoping the reason Williams was pulled on Saturday was to save him for tonight.

Based on our subs alone, I can't see Aguiar for Williams - Aguiar has come on repeatedly for Darcy or Reed/Khan, and when Williams has come off it's been for Iandolo or Shade. Don't remember seeing Aguiar play that AML role.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 09:45:23 »

I have a feeling Williams may be rested, but for Iandolo/Shade. Or maybe Aguiar for Gladwin. Simply because he was talking of freshening up the squad given Saturday, Tues, Saturday.

Neither change I'd make mind.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 09:57:06 by Batch » Logged
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 09:53:55 »

Wouldn't be entirely against 3 at the back as long as it's 3-5-2 not 3-4-3.  FBT into the LCB, more than likely Iandolo LWB. 

When we lined up 3-4-3 early on it was clear it wasn't working, think a team setup to play the way we do you have to have 3 CMs, would probably help out both Jephcott and Wakeling too.  Presents the problem of who misses out between Gladwin, Williams, Darcy, Kahn/Reed.  Could be a good way to get through the WC without Williams.  Always got players off the bench to change easily to a 4-3-3, could even do it without changes assuming Iandolo is at LWB.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 09:56:47 »

I guess Brennan could come in for Baudry and keep the same shape. But we would be pretty inexperienced in a key area.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 11:09:05 »

Pre match very much an offcumdun in The Turls Green.
So, Bratferd, City of Culture 2025.
Fair enough when taking into account some of the failed candidates from years gone by.
Stoke in particular springs to mind.

The National Museum of Science & Media looks like a good place to visit one day. Bit busy by all accounts so probably best to stay in the pub on this occasion.
Anyway, you can't beat a bit of faded Victorian grandeur.

Diwali fireworks aplenty last night.
Hopefully no damp squibs in a red, green or white shirt tonight.
A Darcy detonation from the right foot or a Reed rocket maybe.
Would like to see the latter start.
Baudry as well, who could be the best available option to deal with an in form & experienced striker.
A back three maybe?

With the lost points from winning positions we would be clear at the top. A funny old game.
Then again, also applies to other clubs.
Not seen a comeback to earn points yet. That might be required tonight.
The spirit is there methinks, suspect that the required grit & determination for nights like this might be in there somewhere as well.
We'll be hard pressed for sure particularly with the thread title in an unfamiliar format.
Fair play for Audrey for stepping up late in the day where others feared to tread.

Much prefer under the lights away with a big crowd.
Far better than a soul destroying experience with 2000 or so there. Sutton away next year, can't wait.

Happy birthday to Don Rogers, enjoy the game and ah'll sithee.
Bring Indoor League back & into home counties living rooms I say. An ideal levelling up measure if ever there was one.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 11:51:29 »

I have a feeling Williams may be rested, but for Iandolo/Shade. Or maybe Aguiar for Gladwin. Simply because he was talking of freshening up the squad given Saturday, Tues, Saturday.

Neither change I'd make mind.

Williams will get plenty of rest in a few weeks - unless he's had a knock surely he can play 60-70, his fitness has looked good all season.   Baudry is the worry for me, would be a risk to play him 3 times in a week and no obvious replacement.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 12:00:26 »

This week for me will show us where we are at, Bradford/Mansfield. Automatic/play offs/ fuck all. We seem to have a relatively settled side with slight tweaks here and there. 6 points by Saturday evening? Too much to ask for?
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 12:04:02 »

Hi Mex
Hope all's well in your world?
Like your idea of  an additional 6 points by Saturday evening.
COYMRs
SpeakingFluentPeroni

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 12:47:42 »

Favourite away day of last season, McKirdy ran himself into the ground, refused to accept the draw and dragged the rest of lads with him. Hopeful about a smash and grab 1-0 victory tonight.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 13:10:18 »

Favourite away day of last season, McKirdy ran himself into the ground, refused to accept the draw and dragged the rest of lads with him. Hopeful about a smash and grab 1-0 victory tonight.

Aye, same here re away day.

Good test for Lindsey tonight as well to pit his wits against a very experienced manager with a stellar playing career.
Very rare for an ex PL manager to drop down to L2.
There are career opportunities to be had in leading a relatively big club back up through the divisions.
Same for Mark Hughes as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 17:26:36 »

No Jephcott, Baudry or Darcy

In come Brennan, Iandolo and Aguiar.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 17:28:09 »

meh. weak on paper but that's not always a good guage!

I guess we don't know how many knocks and aches we are protecting
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 17:29:59 »

Aguiar favoured over Reed.
Starting to think there has been a falling out there, especially with Reeds old man’s tweets.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 17:31:12 »

Aguiar favoured over Reed.
Starting to think there has been a falling out there, especially with Reeds old man’s tweets.
What has he been tweeting?
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, October 25, 2022, 17:32:43 »

The last tweet was something along the lines of ‘im really struggling to bite my tongue now’ and the one before was something about ‘truth coming out’

Both now deleted.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: