Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v The Monkey Hangers Pre Match Chat & Match day Thread ‘22-‘23  (Read 13055 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 17:21:04 »

New poster...welcome😀

So, give no fucks
DMC

« Reply #16 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 17:51:14 »

Swindon 2-0 Hartlepool. 8111 with 132 monkeyhangers.

Jephcott and Gladwin
Welcome you Cunt
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 17:56:24 »

Cheesy Cheesy

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 18:11:26 »

Well on paper a nailed on home win. Or is it? Dare you mortgage your wife, kids and house to screw the bookies or will we implode the ‘Swindon Way’ gifting the opposition a very, very early Christmas present?
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 19:28:53 »

Lost an old Mate this week, opened up some wounds and special memories.
Taking a detour on route to the match tomorrow to have a beer in the Swan Pub at Radcot.
Was a special place where we went fishing, camping out on the 15th June, waiting for the glorious 16th June, the start of the season, 3:30am sunrise just breaking, it was magical.
Special memories, fun, laughter and not a care in the World as the mist rolled across the fields, with the sound of the Curlew breaking the Morning.

A chance to pay my respect, a chance to reminisce and the Rock tracks of yesteryear in the car to roll back to those memorable years.

Swindon Town the constant, never stopped going, never intend to stop. Times like this make the bond even stronger and why I am looking forward to going to the game tomorrow.
“The club that refused to die.”

RIP Mate - See you at the bar 🍺🙏

Laddy in Red

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, October 21, 2022, 19:56:52 »

Welcome you Cunt

Too Cool Pint
Lardy Cake

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 07:38:43 »

Must be home win and has to be an improvement on last week so going for a 2-0 win and Gladders with a brace ! 8220 with 101 well travelled fans from Hartlepool.
Birding note to the Duke: I remember Curlew and Redshank at Radcot both long gone from the area now.  Crying

"Still to find and still to follow. Joy in every hill and hollow. Company in solitude".
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 08:30:16 »

Any win will do.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 09:16:41 »

I think we are going to lose this 1-0.

119 travelling fans.
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 09:19:06 »

Lost an old Mate this week, opened up some wounds and special memories.
Taking a detour on route to the match tomorrow to have a beer in the Swan Pub at Radcot.
Was a special place where we went fishing, camping out on the 15th June, waiting for the glorious 16th June, the start of the season, 3:30am sunrise just breaking, it was magical.
Special memories, fun, laughter and not a care in the World as the mist rolled across the fields, with the sound of the Curlew breaking the Morning.

A chance to pay my respect, a chance to reminisce and the Rock tracks of yesteryear in the car to roll back to those memorable years.

Swindon Town the constant, never stopped going, never intend to stop. Times like this make the bond even stronger and why I am looking forward to going to the game tomorrow.
“The club that refused to die.”

RIP Mate - See you at the bar 🍺🙏

I discovered Ye Olde Swan this summer, absolutely beautiful pub!

Sorry to hear about your pal.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 09:19:18 »

No home fans 🤔

So, give no fucks
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 09:53:09 »

Can’t go today as I have to actually look after my own children (bummer) but have given my brother my season ticket so it’s not wasted. Hoping for a repeat performance of Colchester, drab 1-0 win rather than missing Town give out a drubbing (cue 2-1 defeat now)

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 10:43:58 »

I'm out this afternoon so today's MoM thread probably won't be up on the final whistle - if someone else wants to do it then that's fine, otherwise I'll have it up early evening.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 10:45:40 »

Not being negative but Hartlepool have won just once this season (Doncaster home 2-1) and have lost 7 of the opening 14 games (10 in all 18 league and cup games) scoring just 12 times and conceding 25 in the league (scoring 14 and conceding 35 in all games) the most goals conceded in league 2 so far.

Their leading scorer is big striker Joshua Chukwudinma Umerah on 7 goals from 15 games followed by winger Wes MacDonald on 3.

Hartlepool had an almost entire squad swap in pre season bringing in 18 players including ex scummer Chris Maguire.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/15068121.oxford-united-striker-chris-maguire-message-swindon-town-fans-remember/

They have ex Town players Rollin Menayese and Theo Robinson in the squad as well as ex Town trialist Mikael Ndjoli.

The Monkey Hangers play a typical Keith Curle style with large strong players and longer ball tactics, they have kept just 3 clean sheets so far.

Interestingly they have a pass completion rate of 66% (Swindon are 2nd highest on 77%).

For those that are interested they have averages 48% possession(14th) so far (Swindon 2nd on 61%).

For shots Swindon sit 4th with 150 shots and Hartlepool 9th with 112 shots so far.

In open play in games we have 121 passing sequences of 10+ passes per move sequence (2nd), Hartlepool have had 63.

We have had 28 moves of 10+ passing sequences that ended with a shot (1st), Hartlepool 10.

Direct Speed is an indicator of how quickly a team progresses the ball upfield (metres/second).

Swindons Direct Speed is 1.27 is the 20th in league 2 (Stevenage top with 2.07) and Hartlepool sit in 10th on 1.58.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, October 22, 2022, 10:47:30 »

I'm out this afternoon so today's MoM thread probably won't be up on the final whistle - if someone else wants to do it then that's fine, otherwise I'll have it up early evening.
I am off out for lunch so wont be posting anything from now until probably after 4 but will keep an eye on things on my mobile. So MDT could be a fair bit quieter without my ramblings Smiley

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: