Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Stevenage v Swindon pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 15952 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 18:16:52 »

Just got back. One of them days. When your best two players have poor games you're going to struggle. Williams and Gladwin just not on it today. Baudry decent,Hutton was just starting to look dangerous then gave the ball away for their second just as we looked to be getting it together. Khan an easy choice for MOM for me

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 18:17:52 »

Was Evans there? I didn't see him in their tech area and he's hard to miss!
« Last Edit: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 18:37:01 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 18:41:45 »

Evans looks to have shed a few tonnes so is looking quite svelte (by his standards) these days.
Almost unrecognisable.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 18:51:37 »

Sound quality not the best

So, give no fucks
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Saturday, October 8, 2022, 18:54:59 »

Was Evans there? I didn't see him in their tech area and he's hard to miss!

The fat bastard was stuck in their dug out for most of the game and appeared every now and again to berate the 4th official. The fat mess.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 07:24:15 »

It’s interesting in these how those of us viewing from, ahem ‘overseas’ seem to see things differently from those in the stands.

Nicked this from the MoM thread to respond here after listening to the LSPod ep with Terry who was at the game. Definitely something in this - maybe all of us on here talking to each other during the game influence eachother, but there does seem to be a distinctly more negative view from those who were there as opposed to those who were watching from mainland Europe. I thought the first 40 minutes or so were abject but it improved from there, but feels like that turnaround wasn't really felt at the game.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 10, 2022, 07:27:41 by Nemo » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 07:47:07 »

Nicked this from the MoM thread to respond here after listening to the LSPod ep with Terry who was at the game. Definitely something in this - maybe all of us on here talking to each other during the game influence eachother, but there does seem to be a distinctly more negative view from those who were there as opposed to those who were watching from mainland Europe. I thought the first 40 minutes or so were abject but it improved from there, but feels like that turnaround wasn't really felt at the game.

Works the other way too I would suggest.

Think you’re going to scrutinise and be more negative about a performance you paid money and travelled (how ever many miles) to watch.

Like, I’d definitely get more annoyed at a result / performance if I’d dedicated most of (if not all depending on location) of my Saturday to it, as opposed to sitting in my house with my feet up with a cup of tea and a pack of biscuits - knowing full well once the final whistle is blown I can completely shut it off and move on (rather than having to get out the stadium, walk through the crowd to find the car/get to the train station and end up travelling back with others who were at the game)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 08:01:22 »

The fat bastard was stuck in their dug out for most of the game and appeared every now and again to berate the 4th official. The fat mess.

Literally stuck?  Huh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 08:01:51 »

but there does seem to be a distinctly more negative view from those who were there as opposed to those who were watching from mainland Europe.

Works the other way too I would suggest.

Think you’re going to scrutinise and be more negative about a performance you paid money and travelled (how ever many miles) to watch.

Isn't that the same thing?! You are both right.

Can also say I sometimes withhold negative comments in the matchday thread as I acknowledge I'm more pessimist than optimist and that pisses some people off.
-------------------------
From my "European viewing" we were well beaten - held very much at arms length and failed to create anything. I remember thinking if I was Jephcott I'd be looking for another club because in this system it is pointless him being there.

But as DV said, you walk away, get a cuppa, reflect that Stevenage are good at what they do and move on to Strictly with the Mrs because the bloody boxing got cancelled.

Can guarantee I'd be far more pissed off at actually taking a road trip and seeing no shots on target.

Thing is, I'm still not sure where we are. 1 point from the top 3 but generally a good run since the (arguably fortunate) win v Sutton. I don't know whether to be grumpy or otimistic!
« Last Edit: Monday, October 10, 2022, 08:03:54 by Batch » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 08:02:56 »

Oh dear, it was hard listening on Saturday and even harder this morning watching it.

That was a Luke Williams game, all the ball and play and lose.

Clems Army!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 08:15:58 »

I remember thinking if I was Jephcott I'd be looking for another club because in this system it is pointless him being there.

Don't disagree with that. Can't help thinking if you swapped Jephcott from this season with Davison from the second part of last season you'd probably improve both teams.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 09:33:59 »

Can't help thinking if you swapped Jephcott from this season with Davison from the second part of last season you'd probably improve both teams.

Ha, yeah, possibly!

I am not sure what the answer is. Try 2 up top or try pushing the other 2 attacking players higher?
But that changes the way we play.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 19:41:19 »

I didn’t see the game, but listened to the LS pod.
I think the biggest concern for me is the fact we don’t often create many chances / make the opposition keeper work hard, and they made a good point on the pod about the lack of options up front.
We have nobody who can do what Davison or Simpson did last season, and with Adeloye and Hepburn-Murphy injured and Parsons out on loan, only midfielders or wide players on the bench.
We will need to strengthen that area in January.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, October 10, 2022, 19:59:23 »

Adeloye is well on the way back isn't he?

not seen anything from him to get excited yet, but hope springs eternal.

jephcott is very isolated up top on his own, and Wakeling looks less effective in his deeper role to my eyes.

But it seems that a change in formation change is unlikely. And to be fair it did work against lesser teams.

it's a dilemma isn't it
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: