Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Townend  (Read 7031 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 10, 2005, 22:42:51 »

Of course they'd close it!

It's not the clubs decision mate! If you want some stands that have been closed in the last 10 years, Blackpool and Barnsley (forget the names)

I agree that standing up creates a better atmosphere but it's not like the club can just rip the seats up is it! It doesn't take much of an effort to sit down.
Trowbridge Red

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 11:34:58 »

I maybe wrong but did Man Utd have part of there ground closed a few seasons back due to standing in some areas.
DMR

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 13:12:09 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Doesnt matter. Retard.

Show me an end thats been closed in the last 10 years? Retard.

The end only gets closed if you have a full blown riot from that stand. Retard.

Read my lips. It wont be closed down. I wonder how mouthy you were in that pub in Sheffield now.

Man Utd for a start, pretty high profile eh?

Retard.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 16:14:49 »

i don't think i would ever ever sit in the town end, its the worst view ever. if i had to sit i would probably go in arkells, start some chanting in there!  Cool
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 17:19:25 »

That's like trying to start a fight with a Mormon
Spencer_White

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 11, 2005, 18:04:16 »

No Man United had it threatened against them and nothing happened. So doesnt that back up my point? (Im sick of the retard thing, you can have that).

Barnsley and Blackpool had terraces closed because they were derelict. Blackpools terrace dividers were death traps. NO SEATER STAND HAS EVER BEEN CLOSED FOR STANDING.  :old

To be honest, even if it were closed for a few games now, in my mind it would have been worth it (controversial I Know). I quit the Town End this season. It gave Swindon fans an identity in the league. It gave our fans some self respect. The 2001-2004 seasons in there were fantastic, the best feelings Iv had at home games since 1996. Iv had laughs so hard my sides almost split. Iv heard chanting so loud it sent shivers down my spine. I celebrated goals so vigourously with my mates that it left me completely out of breath and my shins in tatters. Id say 2002-03 (Parkins first season) I had more fun at home games than away ones, which was unique. I said good bye after the Brighton play off game, which was a good send off, the TE didnt dissapoint that day.

Realistically I think standing in the Town End will be phased out next season anyway. The current lot wont have the stomach to tell the stewards to piss off when they get arsey. So to some extent Dave.  :surrender   :beers  (Didnt mean that thing about Sheff anyway)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 11:25:20 »

Quote from: "Johno"
i don't think i would ever ever sit in the town end, its the worst view ever. if i had to sit i would probably go in arkells, start some chanting in there!  Cool

You just stay out of the Arkells, we don't want your sort in there!  We want to be able to sit down, watch the game and have a good moan!
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, January 12, 2005, 17:49:15 »

Quote from: "OOH!  SHAUN TAYLOR"
Quote from: "Johno"

You just stay out of the Arkells, we don't want your sort in there!  We want to be able to sit down, watch the game and have a good moan!

yeh sounds about right!, but we will transform that someday for one game at least!  Soapy Tit Wank
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 17:58:11 »

I wish the TE would go back to how it was before but its falling apart because people on the left hand side want to fucking sit down in silence! It really pisses me off.

IF YOU WANT TO SIT DOWN, BUY A TICKET AT THE FRONT!!!

I hate the old (no offence to anybody) guys that sit at the back of the TE and expect everyone to sit down just for them! Hypocrites!
townfangeezer

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, January 13, 2005, 19:57:27 »

Quote from: "reeves4england"
I wish the TE would go back to how it was before but its falling apart because people on the left hand side want to fucking sit down in silence! It really pisses me off.

IF YOU WANT TO SIT DOWN, BUY A TICKET AT THE FRONT!!!

I hate the old (no offence to anybody) guys that sit at the back of the TE and expect everyone to sit down just for them! Hypocrites!

and I bet they hate assholes like you, they buy a ticket in a ALL SEATER stand, and Shock horror sit in there seats, and then cant see because of fucks like you standing in there way, you dont make the fucking rules,and if chumps like you act above the rules, you should be banned
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 14, 2005, 19:36:08 »

Theres a meeting on Thursday with the Health and Safety guys so you can argue all you want but if/when it's closed on Thursday you'll look foolish.

Don't think they won't do it. I hope they don't but if the town end don't get the message then it's their own problem.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 14, 2005, 20:34:00 »

sitting down in the town end is stupid, why would you want to anyway, the view is shocking to be honest, i only go in there for the chanting and atmosphere.
if it is closed then people will go somewhere else? simple as surely?
Spencer_White

« Reply #27 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 14:08:11 »

Yeah course they are going to close the Town End on thursday.  :roll:

Course they are mate.

Its so dead in there at the moment that a little shake up wouldnt be a bad idea actually (and I mean that). The TE's had about 2 hours of good atmosphere all season.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, January 16, 2005, 15:21:54 »

not even that. it is shocking now, i reckon we should lead a revival in the arkells.  Soapy Tit Wank
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: