Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Townend  (Read 7122 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 4, 2005, 09:28:27 »

Why is that there's always a few twats who like to sit down.....and then moan when they can't see? If you can't see I say move....standing up creates an atmosphere and sat we needed that....

Sorry about the delayed response but am only just back at work today...:evil:

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2005, 10:21:18 »

the people to the left of me all sit down, then our block stands and the other two do.
it does affect the atmosphere as last season the whole town end was standing up and increases the volume by double obviously.
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2005, 10:59:46 »

It's an all-seater stadium fella's. Like it or not, you're in the wrong not them.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2005, 11:05:30 »

Yeah I have paid for my seat and if I want to sit in it then I will, if some tosser stands infront of me he gets a polite punch in back of head  Cheesy
Piemonte

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2005, 12:22:20 »

Only nerds and geeks sit down in the town end
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 4, 2005, 12:44:03 »

Sitting in the TE, does seem to be a bit of a stupid thing to do....its not designed for sitting, so basically you can't see anything much.

I'd have thought if you really want to sit, you'd go on the side and pay an extra 6, for the view.

I'd absolve from this the disabled, aged and infirm.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, January 5, 2005, 18:46:49 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Sitting in the TE, does seem to be a bit of a stupid thing to do....its not designed for sitting, so basically you can't see anything much.

I'd have thought if you really want to sit, you'd go on the side and pay an extra 6, for the view.

I'd absolve from this the disabled, aged and infirm.

well put i think.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 16:38:23 »

If you want to sit, buy a ticket on row A! Then everyones happy! Except you because you will complain about the view and end up standing up to see whats going on, then the person behind you will stand up and so on and so on and so on.

People thought the TE was great last year, and everyone stood up.
Now people go in there, sit down, and complain when nobody is chanting!
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 18:49:07 »

Its the people who INSIST on standing, especially in the front two rows that will inevitabily see The Town End closed. I like to stand as much as the next man but not at a cost to the club. I would like to sit in The Nationwide but at £23 a ticket you can kiss my arse.
townfangeezer

« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 7, 2005, 20:56:28 »

Swindon is an all seater stadium, you buy a ticket and sit in a seat, there are no other option available, no standing room, seating only, most people find this is quite clear,

if someone's in your seat, politely ask them to move it!! or tell a steward, there is no excuse for standing on the stairway or anywhere, if someone turns up at the ground and they choose to act above the rules, I think they should be banned, they may think there the towns hard-core, but the children and some adults in the back row cant see the game, and quite clearly there is a safety issue
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 10, 2005, 13:13:29 »

Theres no way the Town End will be closed down because it would cost the club too much money.
DMR

« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 10, 2005, 13:17:08 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Theres no way the Town End will be closed down because it would cost the club too much money.

Its not the club who decide to close it, retard.
Spencer_White

« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 10, 2005, 19:22:27 »

Doesnt matter. Retard.

Show me an end thats been closed in the last 10 years? Retard.

The end only gets closed if you have a full blown riot from that stand. Retard.

Read my lips. It wont be closed down. I wonder how mouthy you were in that pub in Sheffield now.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 10, 2005, 19:23:34 »

I love you, DST!
(retard)

(I'm joking btw)

(I drove to Didcot the other day, unfortunate aren't I?)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 10, 2005, 19:23:54 »

Well at least we have an end to close down - sorry Oxford Fan
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: