Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Sutton United pre match chat and matchday thread 22/23  (Read 24113 times)
DMC

« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 10:45:04 »

Support is earned not a given, especially if you already don’t see him as the right person for the job. There’s been very little to support, his reign started off shambolic and very little has improved to date.

Tomorrow needs to see a significant improvement, if there isn’t after he’s had a week on the training ground to get his ideas across then it’s not a great sign.
This is what the bloke is up against. What a weird way to look at it, how are you even going to Swindon Town matches with that thought process?  
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:00:02 »

If support was earned the County Ground would be a wasteland!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:14:51 »

Relentless misery.

😂⚽️
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:29:02 »

Relentless misery.

😂⚽️
In the words of "Porridge".

Harry Grout: "Now we need someone reliable as trainer."

Fletcher: Don't look at me. I've grown disenchanted with the game. Forty years of supporting Swindon does that for a man.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:41:01 »

This is what the bloke is up against. What a weird way to look at it, how are you even going to Swindon Town matches with that thought process? 

I think support for the club is a very different beast than support for those individuals who pass through the club from time to time.  The former is, as DV points out, like a drug addiction.  The latter is far more reasoned, mostly.

I don't see it turning toxic if we lose this, but it wouldn't be too much longer.  I think there still remains quite a bit of goodwill and wanting for things to be good.  Also, while Lindsey may not have been a name, he also wasn't known, so people will give those types a bit longer to prove themselves.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:44:17 »

People remembering their first games is always an interesting one for me, as I've no idea. I had even always wrongly assumed Reading at Elm Park was my first away game before being told I was taken to Fratton Park very young before that.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:47:08 »

Things could turn quite toxic with a loss. True or false?

If things continue the way they are results wise, our crowds could become similar to that of the power era. Just my opinion. No need to be upset.

Crowds under Power were not in the 5-6k range on average, go have to go back to the shitty days of Diamandis for sub 6k crowds on average.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:47:32 »

I think support for the club is a very different beast than support for those individuals who pass through the club from time to time.  The former is, as DV points out, like a drug addiction.  The latter is far more reasoned, mostly.

I don't see it turning toxic if we lose this, but it wouldn't be too much longer.  I think there still remains quite a bit of goodwill and wanting for things to be good.  Also, while Lindsey may not have been a name, he also wasn't known, so people will give those types a bit longer to prove themselves.

I'd love for you to be right, but whilst the goodwill for SL might not necessarily be personal, the fact that he is perceived as the cheapo option really does work against him and if he doesn't hit the ground running - which he hasn't - then a malaise sets in very quickly. There were already chants of Lindsey out at Gillingham, they will grow louder I reckon if we don't win tomorrow, or at least show a relatively good performance a la signs we are moving in the right direction.   

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:57:53 »

What’s weird about it? I support the STFC not an individual, we are in L2 FFS there should be a minimum expectation on the shoulders of a manager and so far Lindsey hasn’t met that for me. I’m not going to blindly support someone who I believe so far has done a poor job.

Also, I don’t think its weird to expect a massive improvement after he’s had over a week on the training ground to get his way of playing drilled into the players. If this uninterrupted time on the training ground doesn’t allow him to show a significant improvement then what actually will?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 11:59:15 »

I'm thinking maybe the Queen/Saturdays postponement has given some breathing space

sounds silly, but people have had other things to talk about. life hasn't been normal really

temporary I'm sure.
DMC

« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 12:12:32 »

What’s weird about it? I support the STFC not an individual, we are in L2 FFS there should be a minimum expectation on the shoulders of a manager and so far Lindsey hasn’t met that for me. I’m not going to blindly support someone who I believe so far has done a poor job.

Also, I don’t think its weird to expect a massive improvement after he’s had over a week on the training ground to get his way of playing drilled into the players. If this uninterrupted time on the training ground doesn’t allow him to show a significant improvement then what actually will?
I find it weird that by your logic you refuse to support a coach until he has proved himself to you. I find that weird
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 12:21:32 »

You only sing when you're winning.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 12:42:42 »

I find it weird that by your logic you refuse to support a coach until he has proved himself to you. I find that weird

Now I find that weird.  I never liked King and hated Sheridan.  I can't imagine supporting either, but STFC is completely different, no matter how badly they treat me.
DMC

« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 12:47:58 »

Now I find that weird.  I never liked King and hated Sheridan.  I can't imagine supporting either, but STFC is completely different, no matter how badly they treat me.
I wasn't on about the club though, i find it crazy that someone will not want to support the manager when we appoint one. I understand a manager losing the support of fans but to not even ever have it is weird
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 12, 2022, 13:38:38 »

I wasn't on about the club though, i find it crazy that someone will not want to support the manager when we appoint one. I understand a manager losing the support of fans but to not even ever have it is weird
Because I didn’t think he is the right person to start with and so far he’s just reinforced my view that he’s not up to it. How can you support someone if you don’t believe in them, it’s just fake.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: