Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 91   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2023-2024: they come and go  (Read 216148 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Friday, June 2, 2023, 11:33:16 »

Shrews finished 12th last season. I'd say that's probably par for them. Not sure what their expectations are but in a division with Ipswich, Sheff Weds etc I don't think you can really expect them to be much higher than they really were.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Monday, June 5, 2023, 15:43:55 »

Postecoglou to Spuds pretty much done then.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Monday, June 5, 2023, 15:55:42 »

Postecoglou to Spuds pretty much done then.

Seems an odd one that.

Then i suppose odd doesn't mean anything.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Monday, June 5, 2023, 16:01:08 »

Won’t see the season out
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Monday, June 5, 2023, 16:07:06 »

Honestly don't know enough about the guy or where he has managed previously to comment either way, but over a 681 game managerial career he has a win % of 53.74% which isn't half bad so we shall see.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Monday, June 5, 2023, 16:34:20 »

Rodgers probably back to Celtic to rebuild his stock😆

So, give no fucks
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Monday, June 5, 2023, 17:26:52 »

Seems an odd one that.

Then i suppose odd doesn't mean anything.

Odd choice. Wont last long
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Monday, June 5, 2023, 18:51:25 »

Odd choice. Wont last long

I don't know, Spurs are obviously cursed and make a hash of everything, but I think they might have a good one there. Big Wenger vibes in coming via an unusual set of clubs but succeeding everywhere he goes.

Can see him doing well if they give him time, at the very least he'll want to be there which is an improvement on their last few managers.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Monday, June 5, 2023, 20:34:00 »

I don't know, Spurs are obviously cursed and make a hash of everything, but I think they might have a good one there. Big Wenger vibes in coming via an unusual set of clubs but succeeding everywhere he goes.

Can see him doing well if they give him time, at the very least he'll want to be there which is an improvement on their last few managers.

Time is key.

Whilst it’s not exactly the same appointment obviously but a lot of similar things were said about Nuno Espirtio Santos.
Ok, so it’s guess work as to whether he would have performed well given more time but that genuinely felt like a decent appointment at the time
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2023, 05:10:13 »

Time is key.

Whilst it’s not exactly the same appointment obviously but a lot of similar things were said about Nuno Espirtio Santos.
Ok, so it’s guess work as to whether he would have performed well given more time but that genuinely felt like a decent appointment at the time

In the Premier league time is something that is very rarely given to managers. Take Arteta at Arsenal, his start there was pretty shaky and he was certainly under pressure, fans were not impressed and wanted him out. But the board kept faith, made some decent signings and they've flourished and had a great season. I think Spurs are going to have to do similar, stick with someone for at least a season to get 'Angeball' properly setup.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2023, 09:21:17 »

In the Premier league time is something that is very rarely given to managers. Take Arteta at Arsenal, his start there was pretty shaky and he was certainly under pressure, fans were not impressed and wanted him out. But the board kept faith, made some decent signings and they've flourished and had a great season. I think Spurs are going to have to do similar, stick with someone for at least a season to get 'Angeball' properly setup.

You say... Had a great season, I say... Biggest choke job ever.... Two ways of looking at the same thing I guess...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2023, 09:43:05 »

You say... Had a great season, I say... Biggest choke job ever.... Two ways of looking at the same thing I guess...

If I was an Arsenal fan I would definitely have a feeling of 'what could have been'. Not taking maximum points from Forest and Southampton at home when in a very commanding position and then being very much second best in the game away to Manchester City would have been hugely disappointing.

But looking at things more holistically, they hadn't finished as runners up since 15/16. Since then, their league finishes were 5th (Wenger), 6th (Wenger), 5th, (Emery) 8th (Arteta), 8th (Arteta), 5th (Arteta) and then 2nd. (this season) Surprising in a way that after dismissing Emery for finishing 5th they they tolerated consecutive 8th position finishes and then another 5th. Finally it seems to have clicked this year and compared to previous years their points tally is miles better than in previous years.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2023, 09:54:54 »

Spurs confirm Postecoglu on a 4 year deal.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2023, 17:39:21 »

Shrews confirm Steve Cotterill gone
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Tuesday, June 6, 2023, 17:53:28 »

I don't Coterill was the same after suffering with Covid

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 ... 91   Go Up