Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Managerial Merry-go-round 2023-2024: they come and go  (Read 253328 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1425 on: Saturday, May 25, 2024, 16:53:16 »

Stephen Bunting gives him a run for his money

He does but he’s never been a professional athlete so hasn’t let himself go!

You just gotta keep livin man!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1426 on: Tuesday, May 28, 2024, 08:55:16 »

Flynn to Cheltnumb? 
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1427 on: Tuesday, May 28, 2024, 20:21:49 »

Flynn offered the Cheltenham job
tans

Ignore
« Reply #1428 on: Thursday, May 30, 2024, 20:51:57 »

Stephen Clemence gets the Barrow job
tans

Ignore
« Reply #1429 on: Friday, May 31, 2024, 13:54:51 »

Flynn confirmed at Cheltenham
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1430 on: Friday, May 31, 2024, 13:56:01 »

Flynn confirmed at Cheltenham

As if we didn't already have a bad enough record at Cheltenham...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1431 on: Friday, May 31, 2024, 14:16:24 »

I can’t remember which thread it was in but a lot of people seemed to suggest if Flynn went there - there was a good chance Austin would go there…

Have we seen anything to suggest Flynn & Austin were that tight? Whilst Flynn style of play here differed from his previous - he preferred to go one upfront and one floating behind which was mostly Young & Kemp - no way Austin has the same mobility that a Jake Young does…
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1432 on: Friday, May 31, 2024, 14:22:15 »

I can’t remember which thread it was in but a lot of people seemed to suggest if Flynn went there - there was a good chance Austin would go there…

Have we seen anything to suggest Flynn & Austin were that tight? Whilst Flynn style of play here differed from his previous - he preferred to go one upfront and one floating behind which was mostly Young & Kemp - no way Austin has the same mobility that a Jake Young does…

I think I initially thought FBT and Charlie might have followed Flynn, with Charlie you've also got the horse racing link, which could be just lazily putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with neighn.

I've actually seen a few things to suggest Flynn and Austin were actually the opposite. Obviously I've no idea either way. I *imagine* that Charlie, given his footballing CV is quite difficult to manage and if he doesn't warm to you, he won't make life easy as you'd think that everyone in our squad would have looked up to him as a player.

Just my opinion mind.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1433 on: Friday, May 31, 2024, 14:30:34 »

I think I initially thought FBT and Charlie might have followed Flynn, with Charlie you've also got the horse racing link, which could be just lazily putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with neighn.

I've actually seen a few things to suggest Flynn and Austin were actually the opposite. Obviously I've no idea either way. I *imagine* that Charlie, given his footballing CV is quite difficult to manage and if he doesn't warm to you, he won't make life easy as you'd think that everyone in our squad would have looked up to him as a player.

Just my opinion mind.

Could go either way - no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

Just based on Flynn’s managerial career to date - Austin never seemed like the type of striker Flynn would be keen on. He isn’t mobile & he isn’t a big nuisance target man.

Possibility Flynn was keen on his experience (and leadership?!) in the dressing room & might be keen on him as a coach…but as a player Austin just doesn’t strike we as Flynn’s type… 🤷🏻‍♂️
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1434 on: Friday, May 31, 2024, 14:49:08 »

Could go either way - no idea what goes on behind closed doors.

Just based on Flynn’s managerial career to date - Austin never seemed like the type of striker Flynn would be keen on. He isn’t mobile & he isn’t a big nuisance target man.

Possibility Flynn was keen on his experience (and leadership?!) in the dressing room & might be keen on him as a coach…but as a player Austin just doesn’t strike we as Flynn’s type… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Another rumour (Sorry last one) was that Clem pretty much signed Austin so maybe Flynn wasn't happy to have to play the big lump based on what the chairman told him.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #1435 on: Friday, May 31, 2024, 14:51:58 »

Another rumour (Sorry last one) was that Clem pretty much signed Austin so maybe Flynn wasn't happy to have to play the big lump based on what the chairman told him.

It’s well know Clem signed Austin & went over Lindsey to do so…

Also heard that - calling Austin into the office to tell him he was releasing him was the final nail in Morris coffin - as Austin & Clem had already agreed a deal to extend Austin’s stay…
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #1436 on: Friday, May 31, 2024, 14:55:41 »

It’s well know Clem signed Austin & went over Lindsey to do so…

Also heard that - calling Austin into the office to tell him he was releasing him was the final nail in Morris coffin - as Austin & Clem had already agreed a deal to extend Austin’s stay…

I could quite believe that. It sounds like Morris was an expensive mistake for Clem. Possibly one that potentially sucked a fair whack out of our competitive budgie last season.

bathford

Ignore
« Reply #1437 on: Friday, May 31, 2024, 18:01:36 »

The offer to Charlie from Flynn was made when he applied for the Cheltenham job. Doesn’t mean he will accept it if Kennedy can talk to Charlie and get him onboard.
Kaufman

Ignore
« Reply #1438 on: Friday, May 31, 2024, 19:05:15 »

The offer to Charlie from Flynn was made when he applied for the Cheltenham job. Doesn’t mean he will accept it if Kennedy can talk to Charlie and get him onboard.

Time to move on and create some new heroes.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #1439 on: Friday, May 31, 2024, 19:07:08 »

Why would we want him back?
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] 97   Go Up
Print
Jump to: