Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 ... 210   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 372434 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #3030 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 18:49:20 »

Options, that's a good one.  It always seemed likely to me that any options were to continue the existing deal, which was always likely to end in most of them departing.  It's why they came - they were already on the scrap heap (contractually) at their existing clubs.  Moving to us retained their terms while getting them some first team exposure.  Worst case scenario they now have something on their CV to get another gig.  Medium case they get extended with us, best case they get offered something better elsewhere when we can't exercise the option.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #3031 on: Thursday, April 25, 2024, 22:19:11 »

I suspect the only options about are the powdered chocolate variety.

Surely powdered belushi?  Girl Giggle

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3032 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 07:19:46 »

Joe Acklam on the presser suggests that the 8 released doesn't include those out on loan or injured - he definitely think we're keeping nine out of 17.

Genesini, Adeloye, Shade, Clayton, Devine is five, that would mean we're trying to keep four, which does seem a bit more likely.

Hopefully we get the retained list at 6pm on Saturday. Or maybe at half time, that might get a few cheers around the CG at least.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3033 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 07:42:19 »

Sorry, i may be misunderstanding your post but are you saying 8 released in addition to the five names mentioned above?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3034 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 07:48:23 »

Sorry, i may be misunderstanding your post but are you saying 8 released in addition to the five names mentioned above?

That's what I took from the presser, yes, although Acklam said "in addition those out on loan or injured" rather than naming any names.

Injured obviously also a bit of a loose term, would that include the more recently injured like Khan or just the long term absentees?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #3035 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 08:06:36 »

FWIW (nothing at this point) I thought Clayton looked a decent prospect.

I wonder if a season of injuries has effectively finished him off or whether he can actually fully recover and get his career back on track
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #3036 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 08:19:15 »

I wonder if a season of injuries has effectively finished him off or whether he can actually fully recover and get his career back on track

I thought the same. His first season he looked very promising alongside a more experienced head. Good on the ball and connecting with midfield. Clever in positioning. I was hoping he would fill out physically across this year.

He had small injuries last year, but fuck me this year has wrecked him, if indeed it has been injuries.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3037 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 08:28:19 »

He is exactly the kind of player now that we'd sign if he *wasn't* already with us - plenty of pedigree, shit injury record, so maybe...

Pay as you play type deal definitely, but the rumours for a while is he wants to be closer to home, right?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3038 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 08:35:16 »

Surely powdered belushi?  Girl Giggle

I had to google that to see what you were talking about!! Niche Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #3039 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 08:41:14 »

Negotiating on an option? Positively speaking, we might be trying to get him to commit for more than the one year. Other interpretations are, I'm sure, available.

This is exactly why I questioned the "option" statement a few weeks ago and got talked down by a few people, option can mean so many things and to be successful you still need both parties agreeing.  I questioned whether McGurk and Glatzel are really likely to be here next season and got told that we have the option so all will be good.  There is no way this club offers a straight forward extension on the terms of the existing contract from a Prem U23 setup.

I am just waiting for the meltdown when Glatzel signs for Stockport.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3040 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 09:23:03 »

I'm not expecting Glatzel to be here next season either. He's had a great platform for proving his quality and fitness and I'm pretty sure his agent is working overtime to get him a new club.

Hope I'm wrong as I think he's a great player.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3041 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 09:47:51 »

Who would you take purely based on what we've seen. Glatzel or Kemp.

I'd probably go Kemp
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #3042 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 09:56:19 »

I'd probably go Kemp
TBH I would go Glatzel as hes an out and out goalscorer, Kemp contributes way more to the game but Glatzels games to goals ratio is excellent and goals win games, more so when you have a shit defence.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #3043 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 10:05:53 »

I'd probably go Kemp

Very good question. I actually would struggle to choose.

molepar

Ignore
« Reply #3044 on: Friday, April 26, 2024, 10:07:30 »

I'd probably go Kemp
Kemp for me. Creates and scores. Also don’t think he has had problems with injuries.
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 ... 210   Go Up
Print
Jump to: