Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 ... 198   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Squad List (2023/24 Edition)  (Read 346136 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1200 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 17:47:25 »

Shade called up for St Kitts and Nevis

Hmm. Hope that works out for him, but mid-season call ups aren't always helpful for people who aren't established in the first team anyway.

On the other hand, Stockport or St Kitts in March - what would you rather do?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1201 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 18:00:44 »

I want to know when the scouts watched him play😀

So, give no fucks
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #1202 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 18:03:01 »

May be an unpopular opinion but I’m convinced there’s a player in there somewhere. 4 goals (2 very questionable goals) and 3/4 assists, when he starts he’s awful, but off the bench he looks quite dangerous and direct.

Good on him.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #1203 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 18:09:23 »

He needs a run of games to build his confidence and to show us if he is a decent player.

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #1204 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 18:17:14 »

May be an unpopular opinion but I’m convinced there’s a player in there somewhere. 4 goals (2 very questionable goals) and 3/4 assists, when he starts he’s awful, but off the bench he looks quite dangerous and direct.

Good on him.

I'm inclined to agree. The problem with Shade, as well as quite a few of our squad is that due to the ridiculous unbalanced nature of our squad and the catalogue of injuries and suspensions, players are having to adopt themselves into round holes consistently. Shade probably also suffers from being a bit of a utility player and doesn't really have a set position. He was pretty bad at Walsall but off the bench has shown some danger, scoring at home to Carlisle and getting 2 assists at Rochdale and looking lively.

He 100% looks up for it off the bench more than when he starts games. 

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
DMC

« Reply #1205 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 20:31:30 »

Good on him.
Totally agree. Be good of a manager to give him a run in one position. I think i am right in saying centre half and GK are the only positions he has not played this season
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1206 on: Monday, March 20, 2023, 22:23:04 »

He played left back in the first game and never again, done a little bit of filling in at wing back but never got long, but mostly played as a wide forward or centre forward in the PJT. Without looking it up I'd say he's been pissed about positionally less than Ellis, Lavinier and (more recently) Wakeling.
DMC

« Reply #1207 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2023, 09:14:01 »

He played left back in the first game and never again, done a little bit of filling in at wing back but never got long, but mostly played as a wide forward or centre forward in the PJT. Without looking it up I'd say he's been pissed about positionally less than Ellis, Lavinier and (more recently) Wakeling.
Not exactly great examples to be fair though mate are they.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1208 on: Tuesday, March 21, 2023, 09:24:22 »

Shade looks like a decent agent of chaos option off the bench when the game is ragged, but I’ve not seen much more than that

Unfortunately most of our attack fits that same bracket

Things get better but they never get good
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #1209 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 22:30:30 »

Shade started in St Kitts 3-1 victory vs Saint Martin earlier.

If you are really bored, the whole game is on youtube
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1210 on: Thursday, March 23, 2023, 23:23:39 »

Shade started in St Kitts 3-1 victory vs Saint Martin earlier.

If you are really bored, the whole game is on youtube

I thought about it, gave it some serious thought, I really did. Then I looked at my feet and decided my toenails needed cutting so, well that was it.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #1211 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 00:12:32 »

While the maths still have the door open for the play offs, my mind has that door just about closing today. So, looking forward to next season in L2 again assuming Morris is still in the driving seat I’d love to be a fly on the wall and have a butchers at his current player dossier. Not forgetting the one for potential new recruits.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #1212 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 09:31:59 »

While the maths still have the door open for the play offs, my mind has that door just about closing today. So, looking forward to next season in L2 again assuming Morris is still in the driving seat I’d love to be a fly on the wall and have a butchers at his current player dossier. Not forgetting the one for potential new recruits.

Amazed you kept the faith this long, playoffs went a while ago.   We've had 5 wins in 5 months FFS - playing some of the shittest teams in the country - it's utterly pathetic.

The home run in was always tough and even if we had we won at Rochdale and Walsall, as we should have done, we would still be 6 points off needing over 2 points per game.

Looking back it probably had gone after Morris' first couple of games.   

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #1213 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 11:47:04 »

It went after Doncaster at home

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Mr Stevens

Ignore
« Reply #1214 on: Sunday, March 26, 2023, 12:23:36 »

Getting rid of Morris is the only option. Unbelievably he's not transformed a not very good team into a not very good team. The only solution is to get shot and get a former England player in and, when he fails, we let him go. However, if he turns out to be any good, a better placed team will come in for him and the whole process will start again.

Alternatively, we good give Morris a chance after he has the opportunity to mould his own side next season and see what happens.

Take your chips and fuck off home.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 ... 198   Go Up
Print
Jump to: