Poll
Question: Who was the TEF Man of the Match?
Ward - 0 (0%)
Egbo - 1 (1.4%)
Baudry - 20 (27.4%)
Conroy - 0 (0%)
Iandolo - 4 (5.5%)
Reed - 0 (0%)
Payne - 0 (0%)
Williams - 12 (16.4%)
Barry - 0 (0%)
McKirdy - 36 (49.3%)
Davison - 0 (0%)
Odimayo - 0 (0%)
Gladwin - 0 (0%)
O’Brien - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 71

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC vs Port Vale MoM  (Read 3233 times)
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 11:36:02 »

I have never felt so confident in a defender as I do in Baudry since probably Cuthbert? I'm struggling to think of anyone more recent than that.

Cut out so much today, marshalled at the back, what you need and want in an 'elder statesman' at centre back. Was so good I forgot conroy was there for most of the first half.

Darren Ward perhaps? I seem to remember him getting off to a shaky start before becoming excellent
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 11:36:26 »

My vote goes to Baudry
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #17 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 11:42:57 »

Darren Ward perhaps? I seem to remember him getting off to a shaky start before becoming excellent
Similar with Alan Reeves and before him Tim Parkin, both started poorly but got better after the first poor season with us.

Shaun Taylor wasn't great in his first season and look how he turned out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 11:49:26 »

Has to go to McKirdy for the two goals and creating that chance where Davison could have made it 3-0. At the other end of the pitch, I was astounded how many headers Baudry won against a forward who looked a good few inches taller. Exactly what was needed.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 11:54:05 »

Has to go to McKirdy for the two goals and creating that chance where Davison could have made it 3-0. At the other end of the pitch, I was astounded how many headers Baudry won against a forward who looked a good few inches taller. Exactly what was needed.
Hes been doing that for the last 4 or 5 games, winning almost everything in the air, he has been towering, and up against much taller strikers too in Matt, Beck, Bogle and Gordon.

normy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 14:47:53 »

I thought Baudry was finished after last season, but I'm very pleased I was wrong, he was excellent in the last few games.

ust be the oldest
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 16, 2022, 15:06:29 »

I thought Baudry was finished after last season, but I'm very pleased I was wrong, he was excellent in the last few games.
With the ball at his feet as well surprisingly to me. FGR started the move that we scored our first from taking it past an on rushing attacker. Also dribbled his way out of trouble yesterday with a neat little shimmy after a bit of a scramble on the edge of the box.

Him and Conroy definitely have stepped up.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2022, 08:49:35 »

This. Fair play to him too.

Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, May 17, 2022, 12:11:47 »

Good shout actually, although Ward's athleticism was perhaps better than Baudry at the same age, (what with his caveman diet...), I would argue Baudry is better calming everything down and wrestling the play back onto our terms, which is what this team needs most.

O'Brien hasn't done a terrible job, he's a young lad and has talent, it's just the pairing of him and Conroy, especially with (Lewis) Ward in goal was sometimes a bit of a 'watch through the fingers' setup.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: