Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Play off matches on television  (Read 2453 times)
Robinz

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:31:17 »

Am I right in thinking that we can't watch the play off matches on ifollow ?

Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 09:37:13 »

They're broadcast on Sky in the UK, so certainly not on iFollow for the UK registered viewer (though a Now day pass is more or less the same price). Not quite sure how it affects those with villas in the South of France (or NZ).
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:30:29 »

If you're abroad and it isn't coming up, worth checking Skys equivalent. Remember watching Town vs Notts County in the FA Cup on Fox Sports Soccer Channel in the states many years ago.
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:31:31 »

I am flying out on holiday to Tenerife so wont be in the uk for the second leg.
Any advice would be great!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:35:30 »

Wear sunscreen.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:38:10 »

Cheesy

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:38:13 »

Saw this via one of the Trust members on Twitter which I thought was QI.

for the semi-finals of the Play offs;

EFL pools all the gate receipts together from the 4 matches.
EFL retains 50%
Each of the 4 clubs receives a 12.5% share of the remaining pot.

I assumed we'd get the vast majority of the home gate and a small % of the away gate, but it appears not to be the case.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:38:38 »

Drink plenty of water. Wear a condom.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:41:54 »

Saw this via one of the Trust members on Twitter which I thought was QI.

for the semi-finals of the Play offs;

EFL pools all the gate receipts together from the 4 matches.
EFL retains 50%
Each of the 4 clubs receives a 12.5% share of the remaining pot.

I assumed we'd get the vast majority of the home gate and a small % of the away gate, but it appears not to be the case.

That is terrible - so you are better to get into the play offs that includes a club with a massive stadium then.  EFL takes 50% for next to nothing..  shocking

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:44:10 »

That is terrible - so you are better to get into the play offs that includes a club with a massive stadium then.  EFL takes 50% for next to nothing..  shocking

Wouldn’t that go into the EFL pool which is distributed to all clubs one way or another? On the flip side image how hard done by you’d feel if you were a championship club then under the same rules?
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 10:59:04 »

Drink plenty of water. Wear a condom.

Not quite the advice I expected (I probably should have expected it) but thanks anyway!

Revised request... - Any advice about streaming/tv channels/bars in costa adeje would be great!
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:10:24 »

Absolutely. So in League 1, Wednesday and Sunderland get 40k crowds and Wycombe and Franchise who get circa 10k crowds get the same amount. 50% for the EFL doesn't sound fair at all, would have thought nearer 10-15%?

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:15:01 »

That is terrible - so you are better to get into the play offs that includes a club with a massive stadium then.  EFL takes 50% for next to nothing..  shocking

I bet the other clubs are rubbing their hands, what with the 25,000 we are apparently taking to PV.  Wink Cheesy

Seriously though its shite but just reflects football these days, was reading about the CL final the other day and the breakdown of tickets between the two clubs in the final and UEFA corporate is equally depressing.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:16:13 »

Not quite the advice I expected (I probably should have expected it) but thanks anyway!

Revised request... - Any advice about streaming/tv channels/bars in costa adeje would be great!

I don't know for sure, but I would image that you won't be short of at least a dozen bars that will show the game. The challenge is that there are 3 Premier League games being played at the same time so will depend on demand. My advice would be to do your reconnaissance early and get friendly with a bar or bars that look like they show a lot of games and state that you want to come to the bar to watch the game and drink loads of beer and eat loads of their food. Usually bar owners are pretty good like that and won't turn it over when some random fat lad wants the game turned over to watch Burnley. 

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, May 10, 2022, 11:29:49 »

I’m in Tenerife for both legs!

Hoping the hotel bar has sky sports tbh
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: