Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 56   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Port Vale pre match chat and match day thread  (Read 73179 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:16:53 »

Do we continue with Ward or put JoJo back in?

Still not forgiven Danny Wilson for putting David Lucas back in for Millwall ahead of Phil Smith who had a really decent game against Charlton. There is a save from Thierry Racon (I think) that was top draw.
But Lucas was number 1 and Smith only came on as Lucas got injured in the 1st half against Charlton.  There was no real basis for Smith to keep his place, you don’t forget 47 matches because someone had a good 75 minutes.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:17:34 »

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:17:42 »

I suggested to you that 4 games ago "If we win the next 7 games we will be promoted and its doable" and you basically laughed at me, well you aren't laughing now! who else isnt laughing?

Yes thats right, a Micheal Macintyre audience!
😂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:21:19 »

They are looking at putting us down the side in that half built stand I believe so that they can have their own fans behind both goals. Makes our choice easy then, need to find a way to squeeze 1400 away tickets into the Arkell’s.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:25:57 »

But Lucas was number 1 and Smith only came on as Lucas got injured in the 1st half against Charlton.  There was no real basis for Smith to keep his place, you don’t forget 47 matches because someone had a good 75 minutes.

It was closer to 120 minutes anyway

The fact that Lucas was coming back from a shoulder injury & probably wasn’t full fit would have done it for me.

JoJo has been our #1 all seasons - so you’d put him back in for the play offs then?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:27:02 »

As long as we're allowed to have 2200+ Town fans on the bank you can't argue with Vale looking after their own supporters.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:31:45 »

it's a bugger if we are playing ticket wars. not been to Vale
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:33:28 »

It was closer to 120 minutes anyway

The fact that Lucas was coming back from a shoulder injury & probably wasn’t full fit would have done it for me.

JoJo has been our #1 all seasons - so you’d put him back in for the play offs then?
But the players were used to playing with Lucas, you play your settled team. Lucas didn’t cost us the final, the players not turning up did. Smith stepped up at our moments of need but ultimately other than the Charlton match he did little that season and was clear back up.

The Ward/JJ situation is now different, Ward has probably now played at quarter of the season including 4 in a row with the same back line so there is an understanding there so probably deserves to stay in now.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:36:43 »

it's a bugger if we are playing ticket wars. but been to Vale

It's not ideal but no different to what the league one play off teams have done.

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:37:27 »

bigger discussion was amankwaah replacing Darby.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:39:57 »

This restricting away fans for the POs has never been an issue before. Why are clubs doing it now?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:41:41 »

But the players were used to playing with Lucas, you play your settled team. Lucas didn’t cost us the final, the players not turning up did. Smith stepped up at our moments of need but ultimately other than the Charlton match he did little that season and was clear back up.

The Ward/JJ situation is now different, Ward has probably now played at quarter of the season including 4 in a row with the same back line so there is an understanding there so probably deserves to stay in now.

Lucas punch at the corner cost us.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:48:36 »

Lucas punch at the corner cost us.
Not really, we didn’t turn up. Smith stepped up when needed but let’s not get overly sentimental because he was a nice guy. He was a very average keeper and clear second choice and Lucas deserved to start based on performances over a sustained period.

Greer being suspended cost us as we were devoid of leadership on the pitch as the following season showed.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:55:05 »

Not really, we didn’t turn up. Smith stepped up when needed but let’s not get overly sentimental because he was a nice guy. He was a very average keeper and clear second choice and Lucas deserved to start based on performances over a sustained period.

Greer being suspended cost us as we were devoid of leadership on the pitch as the following season showed.

Ironically I think Smith would have been too timid and not come off his line for the corner - which probably means Millwall don’t score the goal they do.

Sure, we didn’t turn up but Millwall weren’t exactly peppering our goal with shots. It never felt like they were going to score a few and put the game to bed.

I still think if Lucas doesn’t come for that corner, the game finishes 0-0.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, May 8, 2022, 10:55:51 »

Bloody Nora guys, let it go. We’ve an important match to discuss in seven days time and you’re bitching about two goalies from how long ago?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 56   Go Up
Print
Jump to: