Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Walsall v Swindon Town pre match chat and match day thread.  (Read 51653 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 17:44:51 »

assuming the 'covered area' rules don't apply
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 17:49:45 »

assuming the 'covered area' rules don't apply
It’s EFL and therefore I would think the league rules will apply so we will need to provide a number of covered seats, I can’t see why the play-offs would have different rules. Only way round a team getting both sections is to find away of getting 10% of the capacity for away fans in the Arkell’s. I’m sure with some messing about with the buffer zone it could be done.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, May 2, 2022, 17:55:33 »

It’s EFL and therefore I would think the league rules will apply so we will need to provide a number of covered seats, I can’t see why the play-offs would have different rules. Only way round a team getting both sections is to find away of getting 10% of the capacity for away fans in the Arkell’s. I’m sure with some messing about with the buffer zone it could be done.

I think you're right with a little juggling around we could give another 200 seats in the Arkells to away fans but I'm not sure the police would want say 1400 Bristol Rovers fans next to Town fans on the bank unless they blanked a few of the end rows off and opened up the shrivenham road entrance which I have no idea if that is possible.

So, give no fucks
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 08:32:48 »

Was it raised on the Monday Night Panel about screening the game back in the LL, does anyone know?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 08:36:35 »

It can't just be covered seats can it, I don't recall for instance Barrow having any covered away seats?

If necessary put em on the bank and give 'em umbrellas of a poncho!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 08:48:34 »

And pray for rain  Cheesy
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 09:04:01 »

It can't just be covered seats can it, I don't recall for instance Barrow having any covered away seats?

Apart from the small away stand plonked on the pokey covered terrace & blocking the view. Smiley
Hopefully it's another 50 years before the next generation of Town fans visit Holker Street.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 09:49:16 »

Was it raised on the Monday Night Panel about screening the game back in the LL, does anyone know?

To answer my own question, the trust have asked about this.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 09:59:18 »

Apart from the small away stand plonked on the pokey covered terrace & blocking the view. Smiley
Hopefully it's another 50 years before the next generation of Town fans visit Holker Street.

Was there some seating in there, we were late in and in the pissing rain were concentrating on getting along the front and into the stand at the far end ASAP?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 10:06:41 »

If necessary put em on the bank and give 'em umbrellas of a poncho!
Barrow gave 130 covered seats. The Vegans had to build that bizarre stand at the end of the away terrace to comply with the regulations.

Worst case if we have to give someone the bank we should erect some temporary piece of sheeting covering a 100 or so seats to get around the rule and give home fans all of the Arkell’s.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 10:09:27 »

A good sized tarp should do.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 10:10:47 »

Was there some seating in there, we were late in and in the pissing rain were concentrating on getting along the front and into the stand at the far end ASAP?

Yeah, 130 capacity. I guess that they had to provide some covered seats to comply with EFL regs.
I was stood at the back of the terrace next to it.
If there is a next time (hopefully there won't be) and it's not raining then the open terrace to the side would be the better option.

Edit: Beaten to it by Theakston.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 10:22:58 »

If we're trying to keep every seat but have to give a very small amount of 'covered' then just give them the front of the arkells bit and make them access it through the SB turnstiles. The main seats behind can be kept for home fans and accessed through the usual way.

I'm sure the police would rule it out if it was Rovers but shouldn't be much of an issue for anyone else.
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 12:27:58 »

It looks like this. I started off in the terrace part to the left of the seats but the view was awful and eventually moved round by the corner flag and ended up getting soaked.

horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, May 3, 2022, 12:41:17 »

It looks like this. I started off in the terrace part to the left of the seats but the view was awful and eventually moved round by the corner flag and ended up getting soaked.

Ah must have missed that, albeit in my defence the weather was crap and we were rushing to get in as had to buy a ticket from the ticket shed!

If its any consolation we were much nearer the middle (IIRC in the block next to the home supporters) and the view from there was dreadful (couldn't see the entire goal and no chance with the far corner flag area)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: