Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Forest Green Rovers pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 25688 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #450 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 14:24:22 »

I agree the number 22 was possibly their best player overall, but the way he went about cheating all game was at times a disgrace and an embarressment to their embarressing club.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 14:59:16 »

Both clubs will end up on a charge for failure to control the players I suspect.
Third time for us this season if it happens?

Had a feeling that Williams might have kicked off in order to try & distract the ref from the imminent 2nd yellow for Iandolo.
The victim of the "assault" did not cover himself in glory in getting a fellow pro sent off.
A Corinthian spirit is not part of the coaching manual these days.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #452 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 15:06:07 »

I see McKirdy got under their skin. Good lad  Smiley
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 15:30:13 »

This is the one that made me chuckle:

"To see Swindon celebrating wildly for scraping a narrow win, shows me how far we've come."

Swindon, who are pushing for a play off place, after working under an embargo all season, after having all of their loan players called back in January and having to rebuild, and having numerous season ending injuries which means we are down to the bare bones of a squad?  Losing to us twice under those circumstance does indeed show how far you have come - not very.  We will see how far they have come at the end of next season, their cake walk manner of talking about League 1 will be great to watch next season.

Taking a long term view of their rise through the leagues and the amalgamation of two clubs? I think does indeed show how far they have come, over how many years? We’ve come just as far if not further in a fraction of that time this season by comparison as you rightly point out. What the poster is missing is that they are now an established league club playing at the same level as us and the other teams in L2. So like for like that poster is at best misguided and worst a tosser.
Wormholes of Time

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 15:55:55 »

It's quite difficult being a Swindonian in Stroud today. A lot of vitriol despite my attempts to pretend that I support both teams ... https://sootallures.wixsite.com/topographersarms/post/supporting-both-teams-at-a-match
adje

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 16:01:01 »

It's quite difficult being a Swindonian in Stroud today. A lot of vitriol despite my attempts to pretend that I support both teams ... https://sootallures.wixsite.com/topographersarms/post/supporting-both-teams-at-a-match

Hope the pretence didn't include a half and half scarf🙂

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Wormholes of Time

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 16:12:14 »

Red and white only.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 16:28:09 »

Quote from: Wormholes of Time

I'd be walking around in a Town top and soaking it all in.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 16:49:40 »

Be worse if we lost!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #459 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 17:25:06 »

99% of Stroud dont give a fuck about Forest Green Rovers!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 17:32:33 »

judging by last night, 75% of Forest Green Rovers fans don't give a fuck about Forest Green Rovers
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 17:35:26 »

Absolutely detest the vegan bastards and everything about their club.
Up there with the worst grounds visited.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 18:31:26 »

Marvelous work from the Poet Laureate of the People. Must be hard to explain all that to the vitriolic gumps.  Clap

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 21:06:31 »

Sensational evening of local football last night. Probably had pretty much everything you’d want from a game; big noisy crowd, committed performances from both sides, goals, controversy, panto villains, squeaky bum time and a crucial home win. Only thing lacking was some decent away support. Pathetic for a team less than an hour away and in the driving seat for the championship.

Disagree with his sentiment or not, McKirdy’s comments gave everyone a fucking massive kick up the arse for the better. Both players and fans may well be reflecting on why we didn’t pull it all together like that a few games earlier.

Everyone that stepped on the pitch last night deserves credit for their role. Baudry was sensational, in fact everyone who helped out in defence was superb ( and I include Davison in that, going full Luke Norris and looking more effective defending our goal than attacking theirs), only blights being Iandolo’s two yellows and Williams deciding to turn into traffic than steer away from it with time and space on his side for their goal.

Payne was heroic though. What a lad.

If we can find the legs to go again like that on Saturday, who knows what can happen.
NotHarryAgombar

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Wednesday, April 27, 2022, 22:39:06 »

That was a well earned and deserved win. A really strong first half performance (although we could have gone behind early - the header against the crossbar and an important block by Baudry kept it at 0-0). Two good goals - no suspicion of offside.
I thought Iandolo’s challenge was rash considering he had got a yellow first half - but undoubtedly their players persuaded the ref to give the 2nd yellow.
While it was a bit desperate at times after that, apart from the goal I only remember one save from Ward - generally we kept them at bay through hard work and desperate defending.
The ref was poor - gave us nothing after the sending off.
I am not  keen on the crowd playing keep ball - it may have achieved the objective of breaking up play /  slowing their momentum, but that shouldn’t be our role - it shows a lack of class frankly. However it worked to some extent in that the ref only played about 1 minute 50 seconds beyond the 7 put up on the board, whereas the three bouts of crowd keep ball wasted probably 3 mins.
The one thing we can say - and to be fair it’s been true all season - is that while we we may not have won as many as we would like at home, we have never had any cause to complain about the players’  effort and commitment.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: