Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World Cup 2022 Draw  (Read 6049 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 11:35:22 »

It’s definitely a good group but if results go as expected (and I know they don’t always) we’ll have France and Argentina on our side of the knockouts and would have play one of them on quarters.

Obviously again if results go as expected you’ll get tough teams on both sides but I’d fancy our chances more against Spain, Germany, Belgium and Portugal than I do France, Argentina and Brazil

Weirdly enough if you take the world rankings of the teams we are actually in one of the 'harder' groups. Make of that what you will!!

Not going to look much further than the group, I know they say you have to beat the big sides to win things but that wasn't the case for the euros where we managed to negotiate through to the final with a very favourable passage through. I'd be fairly confident with this England team we have enough about us to at least get to the 1/4 finals.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 11:38:07 »

Jenas as a pundit - meh; but I thought as the main presenter he did a brilliant job; just as good as a professional TV presenter. Which is a lot harder than the real pros make it look.
Pundits; most English ex Players seem to be pretty shit tbh. Shearer is the epitome of this; cant remember him ever saying anything that I couldnt have worked out for myself. Good pundits do exist, when you see one you realise just how pointless most of them are. Cases in point: Thierry Henry, Emma Hayes.

Football punditry is one of my pet hates. If I'm watching a non STFC game on the TV I'll tune in for kick off, do something at half time away from the box and switch off straight away. No interest in listening what these people have to say, whoever they are. Lineker is the worst, arse licking crisp cunt.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 11:38:49 »

I just hope the World Cup is atmospheric unlike South Africa in 2010

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 11:47:31 »

Weirdly enough if you take the world rankings of the teams we are actually in one of the 'harder' groups. Make of that what you will!!

Not going to look much further than the group, I know they say you have to beat the big sides to win things but that wasn't the case for the euros where we managed to negotiate through to the final with a very favourable passage through. I'd be fairly confident with this England team we have enough about us to at least get to the 1/4 finals.

World Rankings are based on who countries play and what the results are
Obviously qualifying is all regional and the Continent specific tournaments aren’t all the same time. Seen as the ACON was recent I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of African countries has risen up the rankings based purely on playing competitive fixtures recently.
AMayesIng

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 11:47:49 »

Lineker is the worst, arse licking crisp cunt.
I actually like Lineker; but loving 'Arse Licking Crisp Cunt' as a phrase.  Clap Best bit - You can put these 4 words in any order and it still works as an insult...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 11:55:17 »

Quote from: DiV
It’s definitely a good group but if results go as expected (and I know they don’t always) we’ll have France and Argentina on our side of the knockouts and would have play one of them on quarters.

I know it's clichéd, but you have to play a good side to win it.

getting to the Euro final with an easy run was brilliant, and a source of pride. So I get where you are coming from.

But it's not enough. Time is running out. we need to win one before I'm pushing up the desired daisies
adje

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 14:39:03 »

Football punditry is one of my pet hates. If I'm watching a non STFC game on the TV I'll tune in for kick off, do something at half time away from the box and switch off straight away. No interest in listening what these people have to say, whoever they are. Lineker is the worst, arse licking crisp cunt.
My 100% feelings. With that smug fucker Shearer not far behind. Degree in the bleeding obvious that bloke has
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 2, 2022, 14:42:49 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Sunday, April 3, 2022, 06:43:28 »

A World Cup only for the rich.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18147159/england-fans-qatar-world-cup/

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Sunday, April 3, 2022, 07:56:36 »

Must admit to watching about 10 mins of the last England game, not watching MotD very often (and rarely for more than 10-15 mins) and only parts of the odd game on Sky. Its not just the pundits that put me off, its the entire games too!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 4, 2022, 00:05:26 »

Qatar v Ecuador is a mouth watering opener Pint

Islamic Republic of Iran I didn't realise there were two Irans😀

There's an Alsoran but that came 7th in the 3.15 at Catterick Gossiran

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 4, 2022, 07:56:06 »

Must admit to watching about 10 mins of the last England game, not watching MotD very often (and rarely for more than 10-15 mins) and only parts of the odd game on Sky. Its not just the pundits that put me off, its the entire games too!

I did watch both of the England games, but that was because I was in bed with Covid/flu and was bored out of my head. I haven't watched Motd in ages, the PL is now almost as dull as cricket is to me now.

Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 16:11:57 »

Nor really World Cup, but I've got a ticket for next Tuesday's Germany v England game here in Munich. No idea what sort of team England will put out, I thought the players were all on holiday on Ibiza or elsewhere...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 16:23:06 »

I just hope the World Cup is atmospheric unlike South Africa in 2010

Yay
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Friday, June 3, 2022, 16:25:14 »

Yay

How can we forget them😀