Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Exeter City v Swindon Town pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 27808 times)
Hyabb17

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 14:11:10 »

What's the deal with Jonny Williams and his fitness? He rarely seems to play 90 minutes but is only 28 years old. Is he carrying some kind of injury or fitness problem that is stopping him playing at his best? I think I recall him playing 90 minutes for Wales last year but he always seems to get taken off for us or used as a sub. Probably nonsense but I do wonder if that's how he's ended up at a league 2 side when his pedigree suggests he should be much higher up the pyramid.

For 28 he's not played many games in his career. I get the feeling his body is fairly fragile which is why he's A) at Swindon & B) doesn't play the full 90.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 14:37:26 »

For 28 he's not played many games in his career. I get the feeling his body is fairly fragile which is why he's A) at Swindon & B) doesn't play the full 90.

Yeah you probably have a point. He has 240 career appearances (not sure how many are for 90 minutes) and 30 for Wales, over 11 years.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 15:33:11 »

Looks impressive.
I'm guessing that JimmyQ & LL were in attendance for the grand opening, followed by a bit of bus spotting.

Was that historic hotel that burned down near the Cathedral ever resurrected?
From memory the site was still boarded up at time of last visit pre Covid.

As long as I'm on this earth I don't think I will ever come across another human being who is fixated on bus stations like JBZ is and I'm pretty sure LL is still waiting for the book launch on its Swindon findings we are often told about without any specific detail😀

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 16:12:43 »

Nice reposte  Girl Giggle

Nothing to see here
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 16:14:39 »

Yeah you probably have a point. He has 240 career appearances (not sure how many are for 90 minutes) and 30 for Wales, over 11 years.
It's no coincidence that as soon as we started to stop rotating Williams and Gladwin they both started picking up knocks. They were managed brilliantly until we started falling short on players, no fault of anyones tbh but they were effectively 1 player until January
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 16:16:18 »

Leaving in a few minutes. Safe journey everyone, see you there.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 16:17:30 »

Leaving in a few minutes. Safe journey everyone, see you there.

Safe journey LL and stick to 70mph😀

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 16:19:57 »

Nice reposte  Girl Giggle

It's what makes the TEF such an enjoyable experience Blow Kiss

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 16:22:52 »

Safe journey LL and stick to 70mph😀

Been winding the elastic band on the wife’s run around all day. T doubt it will get much more than 79 anyway.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 16:32:26 »

Been winding the elastic band on the wife’s run around all day. T doubt it will get much more than 79 anyway.

With the price of fuel it's all about mpg now and keeping the revs down😀

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 16:59:24 »

It's no coincidence that as soon as we started to stop rotating Williams and Gladwin they both started picking up knocks. They were managed brilliantly until we started falling short on players, no fault of anyones tbh but they were effectively 1 player until January

So are we saying that Gladwin and Williams are effectively 0.5 of a player now due to their ongoing fitness and injury problems? This is going to sound really harsh and maybe unfair but it makes you wonder whether because of our situation in the summer we were really their only option? Assuming they might fail medicals/fitness checks. That said, they are a great calibre of player to have.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 17:07:17 »

So are we saying that Gladwin and Williams are effectively 0.5 of a player now due to their ongoing fitness and injury problems? This is going to sound really harsh and maybe unfair but it makes you wonder whether because of our situation in the summer we were really their only option? Assuming they might fail medicals/fitness checks. That said, they are a great calibre of player to have.

I think what he means is they very rarely played together - they usually were rotated with each other - therefore only 1 player was in the team.

If that makes sense?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 18:18:21 »

Vic Morgan on Exeter comms tonight I hear.

Have a feeling we will go 532 and settle back to let them onto us and try and hit them on the counter.

Could be the return of Conroy alongside Baudry with JOB I think with Iandolo dropping back to LB and Hunt at RB.

Probably going to be Reed, Aguiar and East for that bit more bite in midfield and I expect we will see Payne ahead of Williams for at least the first 60 mins with Davison up top alone.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 18:31:19 »

SUBS - Ward, Odimayo, Payne, Mitchell-Lawson, Parsons, Cowmeadow, Fox.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, March 8, 2022, 18:32:39 »

CONROY IS MAGICALLY FIT AGAIN WHEN THERE IS SPACE IN THE TEAM

….that’s convenient
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: