Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Afghan lives matter  (Read 20708 times)
Hunk

« Reply #105 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 15:51:42 »

Not long now before we start seeing or hearing of the beheadings of those innocents who have been trapped. Be it Afghan, British or American. The world is a scary place.

I was hoping we’d see a different Taliban this time, perhaps naively, but now they are reportedly telling women to stay indoors (supposedly for their own safety, yeah ok) and are talking of stopping people from going to the airport I think my hope may have been in vain and you could be right. Still, there’s a danger of overthinking and you never know, they could still come relatively good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 16:04:23 »

There are enough reports of Taliban hunting for 'collaborators of the west' to think their promise of no reprisals may be a thinly veiled attempt to appease the west.
Hunk

« Reply #107 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 19:50:21 »

There are enough reports of Taliban hunting for 'collaborators of the west' to think their promise of no reprisals may be a thinly veiled attempt to appease the west.

The realistic me does not doubt it. The idealistic me hopes they prove me wrong, got everybody’s sake
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Tuesday, August 24, 2021, 21:38:01 »

Sir William Patey studio guest on Newsnight. Kirsty is not grilling him on any STFC matters sadly.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 15:16:45 »

Bombs and gunfire have gone off at Kabul airport reports are emerging. 11 dead so far.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 15:25:32 »

Ah, the 'deal'.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-58311135
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 16:57:42 »

Casualties include 4 U.S Marines. RIP this will only get worse. Great work sleepy Joe.

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 18:33:20 »

Quote from: Bob's Orange
Bombs and gunfire have gone off at Kabul airport reports are emerging. 11 dead so far.

blimey Sad

they* made the somewhat unusual step to release they were sure this was going to happen to the MSM yesterday/today.

* UK govt
Flashheart

« Reply #113 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 18:35:25 »

Looks like Joe fucked up. The yanks are developing a bit of a habit of abandoning their allies.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 18:58:11 »

Looks like Joe fucked up. The yanks are developing a bit of a habit of abandoning their allies.

Biden is a face. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is a spokesperson for Harris or Obama.

Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 19:01:52 »

Biden is a face. Wouldn’t surprise me if he is a spokesperson for Harris or Obama.

Put some money on Trump to get back in. Massive own goal by Biden?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #116 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 19:03:23 »

It is just a vicious circle now not being helped by the UK and the US both being run by absolute shit shows the last however many years
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 19:14:48 »

Put some money on Trump to get back in. Massive own goal by Biden?

Oh Trump is far from done and will most certainly run again. I think he will succeed as well. Biden is an embarrassment to the States and speaking to friends I’ve met in Texas - the confidence in him simply does not exist. I am not overtly a fan of Boris or Kier but I would rather one of them than sleepy’ ol Joe who is running the States into the ground.

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #118 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 19:17:26 »

Oh Trump is far from done and will most certainly run again. I think he will succeed as well. Biden is an embarrassment to the States and speaking to friends I’ve met in Texas - the confidence in him simply does not exist. I am not overtly a fan of Boris or Kier but I would rather one of them than sleepy’ ol Joe who is running the States into the ground.
Problem is we will just be back to square 1. Politics needs a complete overhaul not 2 old fuckers fucking everything up
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Thursday, August 26, 2021, 19:18:16 »

I wonder if there was ever a time the vast majority firmly supported whoever was in power in the UK (and US). Seems like whoever gets the job is instantly slaughtered throughout their time in office especially by people that voted them in.

Anyway, I hope we look after our own and leave the Americans to it over there. Biden has made it clear he's not bothered about any other nation but his own, and even then some Americans will end up stranded.

Sleepy Joe walking away without answering any questions will be a poignant image throughout and after his tenure. Nothing presidential about that man, and is far more dangerous for the world than Trump was.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: