Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Summer 21  (Read 4972 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 09:51:34 »

I hear you comrade. Shite fleet of trucks ...
Job used to be fun in those days, could get away with murder in those days, freedom on the road, once you left the depot they couldn't contact  you until you reached your destination, sometimes two days later if you were doing Scotland !!. Not like nowadays, spied on all day. Fuck that.
Not all good though, all that roping and sheeting, fucking nightmare in the wind and rain, good thing was drivers used to help each other then.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 09:53:55 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 09:54:35 »

Fucking hell, leather seats, air conditioning, power steering, automatic gearboxes, sleeper cabs, night heaters none of that when I passed my
Hgv test in 1978.   That's when truckers were truckers, You blokes are just spoilt !!.

Oh I've been told I'm a postman with a licence many times, don't worry about that... the leather is only due to it being a hire truck, leggy 66 plate Scania. I passed in a manual, and have driven a manual precisely once since Cheesy Mind you, our DAF fleet are worse, as Arriba can attest to!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 10:09:51 »

Job used to be fun in those days, could get away with murder in those days, freedom on the road, once you left the depot they couldn't contact  you until you reached your destination, sometimes two days later if you were doing Scotland !!. Not like nowadays, spied on all day. Fuck that.
Not all good though, all that roping and sheeting, fucking nightmare in the wind and rain, good thing was drivers used to help each other then.

I've been trucking since 1999 and have had enough now. It's not the job it was. I'm lucky that I am not out on the road every week as it's a hard job nowadays. I plan to do something else asap.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:07:22 »

Oh I've been told I'm a postman with a licence many times, don't worry about that... the leather is only due to it being a hire truck, leggy 66 plate Scania. I passed in a manual, and have driven a manual precisely once since Cheesy Mind you, our DAF fleet are worse, as Arriba can attest to!
Bought a brand new DAF in 2003,  480bhp  85XF, superspace cab, all the extra's,  worst truck I ever bought, continually blowing air valves and fuel consumption wasn't that good !!. Got did of it after just three years.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, July 20, 2021, 11:08:56 by swindonmaniac » Logged

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: