Pages: 1 ... 963 964 965 [966] 967 968 969 ... 973   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1578961 times)
GTXMagnatec

Ignore
« Reply #14475 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 08:28:41 »

Trying to decide if you’re taking the piss, having a dig at the management, serious or trying to wind people up.

I suppose sarcasm does not really work best online. 

It was a poor attempt at gallows humour of our current plight under this 'leadership'.

The thing is, all those points I made taking the piss out of Morfuni and Hall, are points that they genuinely believe they should be given praise for.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #14476 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 08:44:49 »

Didn’t we make profit on the large majority of ‘SDMs’ signings?

I mean, granted those sales didn’t benefit the team & it’s highly likely the profit made probably allegedly didn’t go back into the football club.

So he probably did a decent job for someone somewhere or perhaps put his name to a decent job then took the hit when it was clearly not benefitting the football club.
We don;t really know as none of them were disclosed.    I'd guess we made a "profit on sale" on Wakeling and Dokes, Hutton and Lavinier.  The other players, managers and coaches he sold were all here before he joined and almost all better than their replacements.   He actually paid money for Adoloye, Clayton, Darcy, Hutton, Khan, MacDonald, Roberts, Cain, FBT

He also spunked a load of money on wages for dozens of players, managers and coaches.   Adoloye, Devine, Harries, Clayton, Jephcott,  Morris, Brand, among others who were all a waste of a wage.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14477 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 08:47:47 »

All the SDM era purchases were undisclosed fees, so we can only guess, but my mildly controversial take is that very few of those signings were outright bad - there just weren't enough of them to make a proper side.

Can go name by name but fairly sure Harries wasn't SDM, that was believed to be Garner on the way out. Dokes came in after he left.

We'll never really know how much Morris was his man vs Clem's I guess.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 13, 2024, 08:52:27 by Nemo » Logged
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #14478 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 09:00:01 »

All the SDM era purchases were undisclosed fees, so we can only guess, but my mildly controversial take is that very few of those signings were outright bad - there just weren't enough of them to make a proper side.

Can go name by name but fairly sure Harries wasn't SDM, that was believed to be Garner on the way out. Dokes came in after he left.

We'll never really know how much Morris was his man vs Clem's I guess.

Agree we won't ever know, but it was a poor squad with some signings made, like Adoloye, that just looked bizarre at the time.  Some decent players yes, but it seemed to be a scattergun approach with no real joined up strategy to what was needed on the pitch.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #14479 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 09:22:38 »

It was a poor attempt at gallows humour of our current plight under this 'leadership'.

The thing is, all those points I made taking the piss out of Morfuni and Hall, are points that they genuinely believe they should be given praise for.

Absolutely not. As part of the JV the club don't pay rent. The money is ring fenced to ground improvements.

Why do they deserved credit for being contractually obliged to spending money?
Ƭ̵̬̊: The Artist Formerly Known as CWIG
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14480 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 09:26:06 »

I do hope that Sam hasn’t been warmed or anything like that. The glossed over the article & planned to read it in full this evening before it disappeared. What I did read was pretty damning. I think we all knew this but goes to show what a shit show it really is….

I hope his knee caps are still in place.
GTXMagnatec

Ignore
« Reply #14481 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 09:26:18 »

Absolutely not. As part of the JV the club don't pay rent. The money is ring fenced to ground improvements.

Why do they deserved credit for being contractually obliged to spending money?

I agree with you.  I was saying THEY (Morfuni & Hall) believe that they deserve credit and that we should be thankful.
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14482 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 09:26:45 »

It's not just the shite football that has stopped me attending, I just don't want to contribute money to this lot.

I've put up with shite football plenty of times with this football club. That never stopped me attending. Its absolutely the latter.
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14483 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 09:27:43 »

I think it’s about time we heard from the Trust again because they are obviously seeing this…

This. Clem and co have been given enough rope. Its time to start being proactive with buyers and encouraging them to go public to get support.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14484 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 09:29:25 »

I think it’s about time we heard from the Trust again because they are obviously seeing this…

I have emailed them to this effect this morning. Politely pointing out that it might be time to at least say *something*.
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14485 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 09:48:30 »

For what its worth I pretty clearly saw it was satire but its a difficult thing to attempt at the moment with some of our fans genuinely in that head space.

If i'd read it on the facebook group my sarcasm sensor might have been off.
DV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14486 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 09:50:17 »

I have emailed them to this effect this morning. Politely pointing out that it might be time to at least say *something*.

I can’t even remember the last time I saw Bennett post on here….
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #14487 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 09:59:42 »

As has been said surely the trust should come out and say something.

The bit about a bottom third budget in 22/23 is really damning considering at that time we were pulling in up to 10k gates- does beg the question of where all the money went?

It is time to ramp up the heat. It is funny that all references to the bottom third budget have been deleted even on F Loader Twitter account. Too late Clem it’s out there damage has been done
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14488 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 10:02:44 »

As has been said surely the trust should come out and say something.

The bit about a bottom third budget in 22/23 is really damning considering at that time we were pulling in up to 10k gates- does beg the question of where all the money went?

It is time to ramp up the heat. It is funny that all references to the bottom third budget have been deleted even on F Loader Twitter account. Too late Clem it’s out there damage has been done

That pesky Mercedes has a lot to answer for!
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #14489 on: Friday, September 13, 2024, 10:11:18 »

Hate to get all told you so again, but fuck me some of the conversations I was having with people around that time that it was abundantly clear this was case was fucking painful.

Thankfully most seem to have woken up now, but the fact some still haven't is astounding.
Pages: 1 ... 963 964 965 [966] 967 968 969 ... 973   Go Up
Print
Jump to: