Pages: 1 ... 960 961 962 [963] 964 965 966 ... 973   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New beginnings - 25% Truth, 80% Bollocks  (Read 1578964 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14430 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2024, 08:17:44 »

Interesting to know that the 'opportunity' is?

Don't tell 'im, Pike.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14431 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2024, 08:19:10 »

To be fair the academy has been producing recently so I'm sure Alex Pike is probably very much part of that success. Would not be surprised if he gets a role at a more organised, forward thinking club, which could be anywhere but here quite frankly.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
swindontown2024

Ignore
« Reply #14432 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2024, 09:08:25 »

Interesting to know that the 'opportunity' is?
Off to Brentford
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #14433 on: Tuesday, September 10, 2024, 20:48:15 »

Off to Brentford
Nice!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
iParadise

Ignore
« Reply #14434 on: Thursday, September 12, 2024, 12:20:15 »

Mark Kennedy on Trialists:

"James has been in, I know him from playing against him. Great skills and creativity, I struggle to understand why he doesn't have a club. We have brought him in to have a look at him and Marcus worked with him for over a year. He has done very well and I have said to him if he somebody else comes in then he can do that but we want people to enhance the session".

James Olayanika, apparently. Former Arsenal academy and Cheltenham last season

Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #14435 on: Thursday, September 12, 2024, 12:30:25 »

Mark Kennedy on Trialists:

"James has been in, I know him from playing against him. Great skills and creativity, I struggle to understand why he doesn't have a club. We have brought him in to have a look at him and Marcus worked with him for over a year. He has done very well and I have said to him if he somebody else comes in then he can do that but we want people to enhance the session".

James Olayanika, apparently. Former Arsenal academy and Cheltenham last season

Made him a good offer but we beaten at the final hurdle by the Dog & Duck Inn

I come from a land down-under
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14436 on: Thursday, September 12, 2024, 12:42:38 »

‘Threw the kitchen sink at it’
Peter Venkman
Is totally unexceptional

Perfection is not attainable

« Reply #14437 on: Thursday, September 12, 2024, 12:47:53 »

Heard some good and some bad about Olayinka from my Cheltenham supporting mates (no not that Swindon fan who follows both). A few questions about his attitude when not in the team but thats understandable given his age.

Predominantly right footed and more of an attacking midfield option than defensive. Can play wide too.

Looks pretty solid when he played for them and puts in a good shift never stops running, has a bit of pace and can carry the ball.

Made the bench at Arsenal for the 2020 Community Shield game at Wembley but never got on the pitch.

Southend fans loved him and wanted him back but an injury put paid to his time at Southend.
Quote from: Southend Fans
Superb player, would love him back but he really should be attracting clubs higher up the pyramid

Personally I reckon he'll eventually end up kicking around the lower half of the Championship - and will likely get a permanent move to a Championship club this summer. Could see him going somewhere like Reading.

He has the potential. Wish we kept him for longer tbh.

Moderate season in and out of the starting lineup for Cheltenham, feeling is he's struggling to find his best role in that side. I see him as a shuttling box-to-box player in a midfield 3.

I'm really surprised, when he was on loan with us I thought there was a championship quality player player there. Hopefully he can find a club and get back to the level we saw.

I agree but he then spent a lot of the most crucial stages of his footballing development either injured or unable to get loan moves due to being out of the window.

I thought he was excellent.

Thought the same, obviously hasn't been producing those kind of performances lately though. Seems a common theme for kids at top clubs to do well on loan and then when they are released and go down to that level permanentl they lose their motivation

Well, we know where we're goin'
But we don't know where we've been
And we know what we're knowin'
But we can't say what we've seen
And we're not little children
And we know what we want
And the future is certain
Give us time to work it out
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #14438 on: Thursday, September 12, 2024, 16:57:40 »

Sam M has posted his interview with Sandro Di Michele in the Moonraker. Not read it yet but I imagine it'll be an interesting one.
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #14439 on: Thursday, September 12, 2024, 17:40:36 »

Has it been pulled? I just logged in, but couldn’t see anything.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14440 on: Thursday, September 12, 2024, 17:41:09 »

Has it been pulled? I just logged in, but couldn’t see anything.
Yeah, gone. Can anyone give the gist?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #14441 on: Thursday, September 12, 2024, 17:46:04 »

Basically said we had a bottom third budget (even on those gates). Owner never mentioned it as people would be put off and it shows a lack of ambition. Clem overruled him and Lindsey over Austin, was only doing what he was told to do by above. Introduced to Morfuni by Chris Kiely
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 12, 2024, 17:50:54 by tans » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14442 on: Thursday, September 12, 2024, 17:56:25 »

Ah thanks. All as expected really.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #14443 on: Thursday, September 12, 2024, 17:57:59 »

Also said that after Lindsey left, he walked into the changing room to see Gunning, Adam Hart and Zav Austin discussing tactics on the whiteboard
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #14444 on: Thursday, September 12, 2024, 18:00:09 »

Also said that after Lindsey left, he walked into the changing room to see Gunning, Adam Hart and Zav Austin discussing tactics on the whiteboard
Why would a matchday guest and a fitness coach do that. They'll be running the laundry next.
Pages: 1 ... 960 961 962 [963] 964 965 966 ... 973   Go Up
Print
Jump to: