Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When The Takeover Happens  (Read 21487 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 11:36:43 »

Quote from: Nomoreheroes

Either that, or we'll hear nowt for a bit. Then, after the must settles, we'll be underwhelmed with the choice of manager. Signings will take a while longer and be people we have never heard of - A combination of journeymen, kids and non-league players. The Trialist family will be busy in preseason and results will be inconsistent when the league start. There will be gloom and doom and infighting on the TEF. Arguments will start about the use of capital letters and it will probably rain!

it'll be nice to have some normality to be fair
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 12:25:48 »

But neither the will or the expertise. Clem certainly has the latter.

In terms of stadium development I mean. Whether he can run a football club is, of course, a different matter entirely

He doesn’t need to run the club, that’s what you employ people to do for you. Pay the right numeration you get the right calibre of know how.
« Last Edit: Monday, July 5, 2021, 12:40:09 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Hunk

« Reply #47 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 12:43:21 »

He doesn’t need to run the club, that’s what you employ people to do for you. Pay the right numeration you get the right calibre of know how.

Ok then, expertise in being in charge of the club, which would involve employing the right people to do the day-to-day running. We don't know if he can do that.
Flashheart

« Reply #48 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 12:44:55 »

Leaders still need to lead, even if they do delegate.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 12:46:01 »

I haven't been as much as i'd have liked over the last few years since my Dad got ill (who I had a season ticket with) and having young kids. My eldest is now 5 and showing a real interest in football, so would love to take him to his first game.

England making the final and the takeover completion would make for a fucking great week.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 12:54:15 »

I will certainly go to a few games if a new owner is in place, i tend to pick and choose during the season.  I will also sign back up to an Ifollow season ticket for the games that I do not attend in person.

Back before the world got flipped I probably attended between 5 and 8 games a season - don't see any reason why that would change.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 12:56:43 »

I haven't been as much as i'd have liked over the last few years since my Dad got ill (who I had a season ticket with) and having young kids. My eldest is now 5 and showing a real interest in football, so would love to take him to his first game.

England making the final and the takeover completion would make for a fucking great week.

What bastard parent would do this to a 5 year old?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 12:58:07 »

Since we last saw footy at the CG we have left Swindon and moved to South Devon!  Chatting to my son over the weekend and we will be renewing our st's although guess it will only be Saturdays for us
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 13:16:11 »

New employer has be working alternate Saturdays so while I won’t buy a ST I’ll attend as many games as I can.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 13:25:22 »

But neither the will or the expertise. Clem certainly has the latter.

In terms of stadium development I mean. Whether he can run a football club is, of course, a different matter entirely

Power had zero interest. I understand the requirement to have stayed in Switzerland for a certain amount of days per year - he wasn't interested in the club, just bleeding us for our very last penny. Parasitical.

Now, ain't that just like me?
JanAirplaneMan

« Reply #55 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 13:26:22 »

Hi All.. Just so you are aware there is a Facebook panel tonight with Vic Morgan at 7pm on the Official Supporters Club FB page discussing the ownership transfer inc myself and the adver, former players etc you can ask questions on the FB comments..
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 13:26:54 »

Arsenal?

Never!

Now, ain't that just like me?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 13:27:43 »

I will certainly go to a few games if a new owner is in place, i tend to pick and choose during the season.  I will also sign back up to an Ifollow season ticket for the games that I do not attend in person.

Back before the world got flipped I probably attended between 5 and 8 games a season - don't see any reason why that would change.

I'm exactly the same as you, will go as and when it suits for myself and my dad. During the pandemic I've moved to Northants and the trains are brutal here (if your final destination is not London or Birmingham) so I might be driving to more games than before.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #58 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 14:31:04 »

Hi All.. Just so you are aware there is a Facebook panel tonight with Vic Morgan at 7pm on the Official Supporters Club FB page discussing the ownership transfer inc myself and the adver, former players etc you can ask questions on the FB comments..
Cheers buddy. Keep up the good work
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, July 5, 2021, 15:05:44 »

Champagne is in the fridge and it’s coming home.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: