Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Oxford 0 Blackpool 3  (Read 4733 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 08:19:40 »

Just imagine our squad with Yates instead of Brett, Brett, Brett, Brett Pitman, Brett Pitman...

Maybe the first part of the season would have gone better and the style never changes. But don't think Yates would be any more suited to long ball hit and hope and three touches a half than anyone we had was really.

We actually scored more goals (despite often looking like we had no idea how to score) than Ipswich in 9th, we just conceded nearly double what they did and 9 more than anyone else in the division.

If we're talking one player kept from last season who might have changed the outcome of this, I think the answer is Benda. Yates would have been very helpful in a progressive team but goodness knows we weren't that.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 08:41:56 »

3rd time I've seen Blackpool this season and they have been impressive each time. Sadly they are everything this season that we haven't been!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 10:54:46 »

Maybe the first part of the season would have gone better and the style never changes. But don't think Yates would be any more suited to long ball hit and hope and three touches a half than anyone we had was really.

We actually scored more goals (despite often looking like we had no idea how to score) than Ipswich in 9th, we just conceded nearly double what they did and 9 more than anyone else in the division.

If we're talking one player kept from last season who might have changed the outcome of this, I think the answer is Benda. Yates would have been very helpful in a progressive team but goodness knows we weren't that.

A mobile striker capable of pressing and a high work rate would have totally changed the way we played. We would have conceded fewer with Yates up top imo
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 19, 2021, 11:05:41 »

Ellis Simms has really impressed me when I have seen him, I wish we had signed a good target man like him who knows where the goal is, I hoped at the time before he signed for them that he would come to us instead.

He was the big difference between the sides at the CG when we met, he is going to go on to be a decent big strong striker in the future. Already has 10 goals in 22 games for them, definately one to watch when he goes back to Everton.

Alongside Yates they pair together so well.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: