Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Things we can't do without or have no use!  (Read 8638 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:26:56 »

I bet you have an electric carving knife & tin opener😀
Now there's a thing,  might be able to do without the carving knife but cutting the meat with a normal knife would create massive lumps and chunks of meat on the dinner plates and probably take three times as long.  E!electric tin opener, Never had one.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:28:24 »

My mum has an electric carving knife, well mums do don't they ..

They are great. I can't cut meat for toffee with a normal knife, well not thinly anyway
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:29:29 »

Both very 1980's although I can see why some use an electric carving knife but whatever you use it's best to let the meat cool rest first.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:32:10 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:29:54 »

My mum has an electric carving knife, well mums do don't they ..

They are great. I can't cut meat for toffee with a normal knife, well not thinly anyway

😀😀😀

So, give no fucks
Panda Paws

« Reply #34 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:43:23 »

For those of you that do not have a microwave, just wait until you hear about Smart Phones, they will blow your mind.

I don't lack a microwave because I'm living in the dark ages, I lack a microwave because their big ugly things that are completely useless. There's nothing a microwave can do better than I can do in an oven.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:49:32 »

I don't lack a microwave because I'm living in the dark ages, I lack a microwave because their big ugly things that are completely useless. There's nothing a microwave can do better than I can do in an oven.

As a recent microwave purchaser who managed 30 years without one, the singular exception is jacket potatoes being ready in less than a day.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:49:35 »

Yep, exactly the same. Or on the hob if reheating something is required.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:55:05 »

Check out the Michel Roux Jr's on the thread here
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:57:35 »

We have a cheap microwave purchased purely for quick re-heating the kids stuff reasons but we didn't have one for well over a decade and didn't miss it.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 11:58:49 »

As a recent microwave purchaser who managed 30 years without one, the singular exception is jacket potatoes being ready in less than a day.

Can you get crispy skins on a jacket in a microwave?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 12:09:06 »

Air Fryers are the bollocks. That is all.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 12:14:58 »

We have twice had to live for c.3 months with a microwave as our only means of cooking when having kitchens extended/altered, with a bit of imagination you can live quite happily with only a microwave, albeit I wouldn't recommend it or the associated washing up in the bathroom sink!
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 13:43:44 »

Air Fryers are the bollocks. That is all.

Got one recently and I concur.  It's like when I got an outside Chimney once and within a few minutes of trying it out I was seriously contemplating taking the fence down to burn it.  With the Air Fryer I'm looking at stuff in the fridge and freezer wondering if it will work.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 14:54:58 »

We have twice had to live for c.3 months with a microwave as our only means of cooking when having kitchens extended/altered, with a bit of imagination you can live quite happily with only a microwave, albeit I wouldn't recommend it or the associated washing up in the bathroom sink!

I was about to post on here as that is precisely what we are going through at the moment. Our microwave has become invaluable in the last week for heating up food prepared in advance and frozen. And with the combination oven part it can even produce a crispy jacket on a potato!!

But having to wash up in the bathroom sink is definitely not a high point of our day.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 15:02:32 »

I was about to post on here as that is precisely what we are going through at the moment. Our microwave has become invaluable in the last week for heating up food prepared in advance and frozen. And with the combination oven part it can even produce a crispy jacket on a potato!!

But having to wash up in the bathroom sink is definitely not a high point of our day.

I feel your pain!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: