Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: As the club is clueless, can we come up with a winning formula. STFC v Peterboro  (Read 31653 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #450 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 09:31:48 »

Maybe it wasn't the club that was the problem? (Wigan I mean, we're a fucking apostrophe)
I know you like correct grammar but to accuse a club of bad grammar? Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 10:34:18 »

I know you like correct grammar but to accuse a club of bad grammar? Cheesy
Cheesy That's the kind of shit Dad joke I'd have made. Top work!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #452 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 10:50:14 »

Cheesy That's the kind of shit Dad joke I'd have made. Top work!
Welcome Smiley

Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 14:16:55 »

Like Le Tissier, and I'm not comparing talent here, you need him in a role where he can wander around and find good positions without a care for anything else in the game.  As per DV, you need to have players in midfield behind him who will do the work of three - you need graft, energy, at least one of them to get forward but never have both missing in defence etc.  Grant at his best and Lyden when fit could have done that, Palmer, Payne. Missilou et al can not.

On a recent forum asked about his positional play when at Newport he said that although he played in a midfield three the manager allowed him to float around behind the strikers with no strict instructions. Seemed to work well there but at the time they had quite good forward options. 

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #454 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 14:23:31 »

Also it maybe a coincidence but Newport were top of the league whilst he was there now their form has dipped and are 11 points behind the leaders

So, give no fucks
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 14:32:40 »

Also it maybe a coincidence but Newport were top of the league whilst he was there now their form has dipped and are 11 points behind the leaders

It wasn't just Twine they lost - i believe they lost and had to replace about 6 players in January

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 14:38:08 »

I never knew that and if so that would affect any team just like injuries affected Liverpool this season

So, give no fucks
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:18:39 »

The DofE funeral is going to be 3pm next Saturday.

That could be 2 in one day.

I know, I'm probably Jo Brand funny today

How many American TV stations have been in touch with you to offer you a sitcom Batch?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #458 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:41:26 »

I have a good friend who is a Peterborough fan and he texted at half time to say we were very good on the ball but powder puff up top and disastrous at the back and I think this probably sums us up I reckon.

We appear to have started to try and play a little bit of posession based football, which is a start, but we are catastrophically bad when we eventually get into the final third as Garrick has zero end product and Dom Thompson appears to have lost the ability to put on decent crosses now, which means we are reduced to having Scott Twine throwing himself on the floor repeatedly to try and win free kicks in shooting positions. The ref on Saturday saw through him from minute one which meant he was getting bugger all. It was only in the last few minutes when Posh had almost completely stopped playing, almost as if they were giving us a chance, only for BP to pathetically waste his 2 chances. I cannot remember the last time a keeper at the CG in an opposition team actually had to work really hard, these days if they are able to take a few lolloping crosses every now and then, that is literally all they have to do to earn their cleen sheet bonus.

Defensively, all over the shop as always. I know Curran gets talked to death on here and he was up against a tough opponent in Dembele, but I specifically watched his reactions for the second goal where he swiped lazily at the ball after Dembele had nicked it away from him, but then sauntered (and I am being generous here) back as if he was ambling around a garden centre instead of busting a gut to get back in and attempt to defend. Not sure exactly whose fault was the first goal as it appeared to be a collection of merde.

I know I say it every week but OMOTOYE?Huh?Huh??? Can't we at least try and stretch defences with a bit of pace. All our other players are so hilariuosly slow and ponderous.

Can we beat Rochdale, Wimbledon and Wigan and attempt to stay up? Jury is very much out but as a football club this season we look a beaten fighter, and not one that has fought gamely for 12 rounds, one that has a broken toe in round 2 and has been forced to throw in the towel.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:43:53 by Bob's Orange » Logged

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Peter Venkman

« Reply #459 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:42:51 »

Spot on as usual BO.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:44:45 »

Spot on as usual BO.

I love my Monday morning therapy sessions reading this thread!! Smiley

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:47:41 »

I know Curran gets talked to death on here and he was up against a tough opponent in Dembele, but I specifically watched his reactions for the second goal where he swiped lazily at the ball after Dembele had nicked it away from him, but then sauntered (and I am being generous here) back as if he was ambling around a garden centre instead of busting a gut to get back in and attempt to defend. Not sure exactly whose fault was the first goal as it appeared to be a collection of merde.
This is the worst bit for me, he clearly doesn't give a shit or put the effort in to try and mask the fact he's Sunday league level. He's purely here for the 'professional footballer' bragging rights, purely about feeding his ego.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #462 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:49:29 »

Its often better to wait a few days before posting after games, gives you time to assess it fully.

Therapy is one word for it....

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 09:56:52 »

Its often better to wait a few days before posting after games, gives you time to assess it fully.

Therapy is one word for it....

Indeed. I also like to see what is written in the Match Day Freds as it happens, with my Captain Hindsight hat on. I do try and avoid the forum over the weekends as a way to escape the neverending doom our club brings us!

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Monday, April 12, 2021, 10:00:09 »

This is the worst bit for me, he clearly doesn't give a shit or put the effort in to try and mask the fact he's Sunday league level. He's purely here for the 'professional footballer' bragging rights, purely about feeding his ego.

We can all see this, but all the blame has to go to a management team who looked at Curran + Garrick and thought "yeah, that's an adequate right side against the league leaders", while leaving Caddis on the bench, and Hunt at home.

Same up front: nothing has stuck to Hope or Pitman while they're 20 yards away from anyone in the middle all season, but do we try anything else? Do we fuck.

I can't express how much disdain I have for this mismanagement team. I've seen some shit in my time, but I've literally never seen such persistent rank incompetence. And to cap it all, it goes completely unpunished by our no-pot chairman.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: