Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: As the club is clueless, can we come up with a winning formula. STFC v Peterboro  (Read 31698 times)
Crackity Jones

« Reply #435 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:17:50 »

Hilariously, embarrassingly bad. Nothing will change until it all changes. Sleepwalking into non-league.
Except we are not sleepwalking into non-league. We can see it painfully in front of us. An absent/radio silent owner, FA investigations, a shit manager and a number of players not up to it. Sadly its all being played out in the face of a pandemic where our voice is silenced by lockdown. As you say, nothing will change until everything changes.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:17:59 »

Wigan winning 4-1 away with new owners....I think John maybe regretting his choice of club to manage😀
Maybe it wasn't the club that was the problem? (Wigan I mean, we're a fucking catastrophe)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:19:16 »

oh ffs

"The EFL: “As a mark of respect, EFL matches scheduled for 3pm on Saturday 17 April will be moved to avoid a clash with the funeral of HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh”. https://t.co/zH4869yksV"

It would easier if they played all the games on Sunday rather than the silly times they may suggest

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:19:58 »

not for me it wouldn't, clashes with the kids footy
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #439 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:21:17 »

That's a good,enough reason😀

So, give no fucks
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:31:48 »

You say that like missing Swindon would be a bad thing?
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:35:30 »

If the team was built to play to his strengths then he wouldn’t go missing 75% of the time...

He isn't good enough for the whole team to only look to play to his strengths

Good players stamp their authority on a game they do not need the rest of the team to play to Twines strengths..

What exactly are his strengths a decent long shot or free kick(How many free kicks has he had?, how many has he scored?)

As I said any move to a Championship or L1 side he will end up a bench warmer at best for a season or 2 , having a couple of loans at L2 teams before being released at the end of his contract...
Moss

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:36:52 »

Except we are not sleepwalking into non-league. We can see it painfully in front of us. An absent/radio silent owner, FA investigations, a shit manager and a number of players not up to it. Sadly its all being played out in the face of a pandemic where our voice is silenced by lockdown. As you say, nothing will change until everything changes.

Trying to think, whether it has ever been worse than this? I remember doing a 3 hour drive to the ground one Tuesday night in about 2007 as I genuinely believed it might be the last ever game we played. We lost to Cheltnum in some Leyland Daf trophy game or something.  It was bleak. Not sure if it's worse now or not. Feel strangely meh about it all.

Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:38:21 »

If the team was built to play to his strengths then he wouldn’t go missing 75% of the time...

When we had 2 up front and Twine playing in the hole behind, if we had two decent L1 strikers up front for Twine to feed balls into, I think that would be an awesome combination but as you say, we need to build the attack around Twine, and build the defence around Odimayo.

4-4-2 Diamond?

He does have the ability to play through killer through balls that could tear teams apart if he found the space to play them in..

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:42:00 »

Quote from: DV Canio
You say that like missing Swindon would be a bad thing?

I've got this far into the shitshow, I need closure
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:59:00 »

He isn't good enough for the whole team to only look to play to his strengths

Good players stamp their authority on a game they do not need the rest of the team to play to Twines strengths..

What exactly are his strengths a decent long shot or free kick(How many free kicks has he had?, how many has he scored?)

As I said any move to a Championship or L1 side he will end up a bench warmer at best for a season or 2 , having a couple of loans at L2 teams before being released at the end of his contract...

I said he wouldn’t go missing if the team was built to play to his strengths not that team should look to play to his strengths.

Twines a #10. He’s not a striker, he’s not a central midfielder and he isn’t a wide player.
You’d need to play a 4-2-3-1 formation with Twine as the middle of the three with a fit Lyden and Grant as the 2.

Then of course you’d need to actually use your midfield instead of bypassing it but that’s a different thing altogether.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 19:50:17 »

Like Le Tissier, and I'm not comparing talent here, you need him in a role where he can wander around and find good positions without a care for anything else in the game.  As per DV, you need to have players in midfield behind him who will do the work of three - you need graft, energy, at least one of them to get forward but never have both missing in defence etc.  Grant at his best and Lyden when fit could have done that, Palmer, Payne. Missilou et al can not.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 20:28:35 by RobertT » Logged
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 20:08:11 »

Genuinely think Twine is practising his gamesmanship for a league above. He knows he has interest from several Championship clubs and his salmonesque efforts would be rewarded more often in the Championship than they are in L1. It's likely any club he goes to will even help him to refine the fishy flop.

Do I think he's ready for a Champ club? Nope but several Champ clubs know that he would be a cheap development punt, even if that was at a silly price like £1m (it won't be that). 3 or 4yr Championship contract on probably around £10k pw. Not a bad gig and he'd be a fool to not take it. Even if it is to spend 2 of those years in their u23s, a year back in L1 and then maybe some cup matches for the side you actually signed for.

Mmm Barnsley u23s to practising launching yourself to the ground. It doesn't quite have the glamour of Ebbsfleet away on £400 a week, on a frozen November evening does it?

Really, would we give a fuck if we were in those comfortable neoprene boots? All he'd have to do is score an absolute screamer in the 3rd or 4th round of the FA Cup (even if against Tiptree & Maldon) and he'd bag himself another tasty (and this time overpriced) move in the January transfer window!

Twine won't be a Town player next season.

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 21:02:31 »

Perfectly summarised.
Makes it worse knowing that we haven’t bottomed out yet and the prolonged agony continues.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 21:58:42 by TheDukeOfBanbury » Logged
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, April 11, 2021, 08:39:31 »

oh ffs

"The EFL: “As a mark of respect, EFL matches scheduled for 3pm on Saturday 17 April will be moved to avoid a clash with the funeral of HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh”. https://t.co/zH4869yksV"
Watching a funeral / watching the Town ? Same thing really, just no favourite songs played every now and then.
Not sure if it is the worst Town team I’ve ever seen but without doubt the very worst management team, owner included. Sheridans’ lily livered no show really put the tin hat on yesterday’s experience.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: