Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: As the club is clueless, can we come up with a winning formula. STFC v Peterboro  (Read 31699 times)
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:25:53 »

Yes, but part of the problem is the midfield. They don't support the forward(s), who incidentally are not good enough for L1, and don't help the defence. First goal today being a good example. Eight people around the ball and Twine fluffs his clearance.

Twine is massively overrated.....can score a world now and again but.....

Is anonymous in games 75% of the time
Does not tackle
Does not track back

Any move to a club L1 or Championship he will get minimal game time...
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:30:33 »

There are two lines from the Wright comments that stand out to me, and show the reason why poor management is one of the central reasons behind our demise.

The comment about telling the players that Peterborough break well - that's just another Captain Obvious moment like Sheridans comment about Burton and set pieces.  Telling them is one thing, anyone can do that having watched some videos, putting a plan into place that the players can use is another.  We didn't change a single thing in this game to the last when it comes to how we approached the game either in attack or defence, all we did is change some players.  We then, as he described, put a player in at right wing back who had never played there alongside an inexperienced centre half (I'm being generous).  It's like we were trying to give them a leg up if breakaways was their thing!

Then the Conroy statement, which is the same as Sheridan's shows a complete lack of something, I can't put my finger on what.  Achilles issues do not come from a lack of "fitness" - I am assuming they are claiming Conroy is "out of shape" when they say fitness.  It's a tendon, not a fucking muscle.  It comes from over use - probably the result of using it too much when rushing him back and never giving him a break.  If it needs surgery it also suggests it may be a chronic issue, so the lad can do very fucking little to stop it flaring up.

The management team are cunts.

Sadly you are spot on.
Mplanney

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:30:53 »

I don’t understand why Tyler Smith doesn’t get more gametime, got to offer more than j Grant.  Also where is Rob Hunt, he may not be centre back but got to be better in that role than Curran who should not even be playing professional football
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:30:57 »

Twine is massively overrated.....can score a world now and again but.....

Is anonymous in games 75% of the time
Does not tackle
Does not track back

Any move to a club L1 or Championship he will get minimal game time...

His goals and assists tally say otherwise. He is basically a luxury player that we should build the team around. Alas, that is not going to happen.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:34:32 »

I don’t understand why Tyler Smith doesn’t get more gametime, got to offer more than j Grant.  Also where is Rob Hunt, he may not be centre back but got to be better in that role than Curran who should not even be playing professional football

Probably because Sheriden dosen't rate then but we know both looked good at the start of the season

So, give no fucks
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:37:37 »

His goals and assists tally say otherwise. He is basically a luxury player that we should build the team around. Alas, that is not going to happen.

Yep! Good players also look better when they have good players around them...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:40:34 »

Then they are deluded - Paul McGrath had a sterling career without training for most of it.  I have no issue with them calling out his performances beginning to wane because he is carrying an injury, but don't go after the lad for not training when the injury gets worse when you do that!

Paul McGrath had ability though.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:41:14 »

So did Ledley King

So, give no fucks
Cowley38

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:48:19 »

You cannot build a team around a player that goes missing 75% of the time....

He is a L2 player at best......
Panda Paws

« Reply #429 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:50:00 »

Hilariously, embarrassingly bad. Nothing will change until it all changes. Sleepwalking into non-league.
Crackity Jones

« Reply #430 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:53:44 »

Yes, but part of the problem is the midfield. They don't support the forward(s), who incidentally are not good enough for L1, and don't help the defence. First goal today being a good example. Eight people around the ball and Twine fluffs his clearance.
  100% agree with the comment on the midfield.  We have a huge Doughty sized hole on there. A Grant can't be in 2 places at once and if only Lyden wasn't made of glass.....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:59:09 »

Everything about STFC is rotten at the moment,  prepare for things to get worse before they get better.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:02:46 »

Prepare for a local derby with Swindon Supermarine Within a few years the way it's going

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:14:34 »

oh ffs

"The EFL: “As a mark of respect, EFL matches scheduled for 3pm on Saturday 17 April will be moved to avoid a clash with the funeral of HRH The Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh”. https://t.co/zH4869yksV"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 18:15:09 »

You cannot build a team around a player that goes missing 75% of the time....

He is a L2 player at best......

If the team was built to play to his strengths then he wouldn’t go missing 75% of the time...
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: