Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: As the club is clueless, can we come up with a winning formula. STFC v Peterboro  (Read 31662 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:52:24 »

Who are our best available centre backs?
Like I say I fail to believe that we don’t have youths better than him and we had one on the bench today...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:55:30 »

There are two lines from the Wright comments that stand out to me, and show the reason why poor management is one of the central reasons behind our demise.

The comment about telling the players that Peterborough break well - that's just another Captain Obvious moment like Sheridans comment about Burton and set pieces.  Telling them is one thing, anyone can do that having watched some videos, putting a plan into place that the players can use is another.  We didn't change a single thing in this game to the last when it comes to how we approached the game either in attack or defence, all we did is change some players.  We then, as he described, put a player in at right wing back who had never played there alongside an inexperienced centre half (I'm being generous).  It's like we were trying to give them a leg up if breakaways was their thing!

Then the Conroy statement, which is the same as Sheridan's shows a complete lack of something, I can't put my finger on what.  Achilles issues do not come from a lack of "fitness" - I am assuming they are claiming Conroy is "out of shape" when they say fitness.  It's a tendon, not a fucking muscle.  It comes from over use - probably the result of using it too much when rushing him back and never giving him a break.  If it needs surgery it also suggests it may be a chronic issue, so the lad can do very fucking little to stop it flaring up.

The management team are cunts.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:58:47 »

I thought he sounded uncomfortable when asked why Broadbent was put on

So, give no fucks
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #408 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 16:59:51 »

I was equally worried about him wobbling on about having to stop conceeding soft goals.

we are forty games into the season. we aren't going to stop it.

Just play to our strengths FFS. whatever they are. You aren't going to fix the defence now
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:03:08 »

Hartley pt 4:
- If you cant win at Rochdale then you cant win anywhere
- They are likely to be bottom of the table

.........  Or Us !.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #410 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:08:32 »

There are two lines from the Wright comments that stand out to me, and show the reason why poor management is one of the central reasons behind our demise.

The comment about telling the players that Peterborough break well - that's just another Captain Obvious moment like Sheridans comment about Burton and set pieces.  Telling them is one thing, anyone can do that having watched some videos, putting a plan into place that the players can use is another.  We didn't change a single thing in this game to the last when it comes to how we approached the game either in attack or defence, all we did is change some players.  We then, as he described, put a player in at right wing back who had never played there alongside an inexperienced centre half (I'm being generous).  It's like we were trying to give them a leg up if breakaways was their thing!

Then the Conroy statement, which is the same as Sheridan's shows a complete lack of something, I can't put my finger on what.  Achilles issues do not come from a lack of "fitness" - I am assuming they are claiming Conroy is "out of shape" when they say fitness.  It's a tendon, not a fucking muscle.  It comes from over use - probably the result of using it too much when rushing him back and never giving him a break.  If it needs surgery it also suggests it may be a chronic issue, so the lad can do very fucking little to stop it flaring up.

The management team are cunts.

I agree. The grief that Curran got was a bit OTT. He isn't good enough for L1 and on a very good day has shown he could be a lower L2 player. However, he go no support whatsoever from Garrick.

In the last few weeks, Caddis has dropped back and been roasted in the first half before moving to a more advanced position in the second. Today though, Garrick just wandered around a bit.

I think with the Conroy thing. What I read into that is that Wright and Sheridan have criticised Conroy (perhaps for not training - I seem to recall hearing Sheridan saying that Conroy had been carrying an injury and hadn't trained). Conroy has said that he has an achilles issue that requires pain killers during the game. Achilles issues, as described, often need operations. I think Sheridan and Wright are saying that if you are not fit to train you are not fit to play.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #411 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:10:47 »

Then they are deluded - Paul McGrath had a sterling career without training for most of it.  I have no issue with them calling out his performances beginning to wane because he is carrying an injury, but don't go after the lad for not training when the injury gets worse when you do that!
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:10:52 »

I thought he sounded uncomfortable when asked why Broadbent was put on
He didn't answer the question. He answered a different question. The initial question was about Broadbent coming back into the reckoning at CB. Wright just said they brought him on to give some height up top. He then went on to say he cause some problems up front and was unlucky not to score. He said nothing about CB and defending.

Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #413 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:15:55 »

It always amazes me that apart from the odd  golden sphericals talked about on this site that the same or very similar views are posted by so many. How on earth cannot people being paid to make decisions around the team see the same points made or are they that thick skinned and adopt the attitude that being ex professionals that they really know best. I wonder, because it certainly is not working and it is the fans as usual that will have to bear with the abysmal outcome.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #414 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:17:14 »

Then they are deluded - Paul McGrath had a sterling career without training for most of it.  I have no issue with them calling out his performances beginning to wane because he is carrying an injury, but don't go after the lad for not training when the injury gets worse when you do that!
I'm reading between the lines. It could be more of a case that they think Conroy has let them down in games and that he has blamed it on injury. So they want him to prove his fitness before considering him again - As they are worrying about him letting them down again.

I don't know!

We have Broadbent (too slow), Baudry (bad decision), Conroy (too slow), Fryers (injured still?), Grounds (slow, better at LB and cover at best), Masterson (learning and injured) and Curran (not good enough). None of them look up to the job and will struggle to get another gig in L1 or L2.

Grant, who is a fill in at best, looks better than all of them. Odimayo looks promising (but is prone to the odd mistake from switching off) as does Iandolo who is now injured again.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:17:50 »

Broadbent and Conroy were blamed for us leaking goals, since then we kept 2 clean sheets and then have reverted to the season norm of 2, 2 and 3. Get a team to try to just defend, when it’s painfully obvious that they can’t... surprise surprise they will concede. Best form of defence is to attack - that’s what a manager should try now. Unfortunately Sheridan won’t
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:19:04 »

But Wellens did....that's the difference😀

So, give no fucks
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:21:00 »

Broadbent and Conroy were blamed for us leaking goals, since then we kept 2 clean sheets and then have reverted to the season norm of 2, 2 and 3. Get a team to try to just defend, when it’s painfully obvious that they can’t... surprise surprise they will concede. Best form of defence is to attack - that’s what a manager should try now. Unfortunately Sheridan won’t
Yes, but part of the problem is the midfield. They don't support the forward(s), who incidentally are not good enough for L1, and don't help the defence. First goal today being a good example. Eight people around the ball and Twine fluffs his clearance.

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:22:57 »

But Wellens did....that's the difference😀
Wellens had two out and out goalscorers plus several players who could chip in with one or two.

We now have none.

Pitman can get one or two and Twine and Payne can chip in with a couple each. But, I don't see any other goals in the team.

JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Saturday, April 10, 2021, 17:24:37 »

Yes, but part of the problem is the midfield. They don't support the forward(s), who incidentally are not good enough for L1, and don't help the defence. First goal today being a good example. Eight people around the ball and Twine fluffs his clearance.

Maybe would support the forwards if they were around to get near them. Pitman is always so isolated
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: