Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84218 times)
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #600 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 18:18:58 »

JayBox is me without the beer and 15 years later.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #601 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 18:28:17 »

JayBox is me without the beer and 15 years later.
Rob Tuck without the beer ..... nope, can't picture that, sorry.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #602 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 19:17:02 »

I used to stick up for JayBox on here when he was getting grief over his flags.

Then it transpired that he's a bit of a bellend.
Nah he's sound

Sent from my CLT-L09

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #603 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 20:54:58 »

I'm not sure, similar sentiments on here and from my viewpoint too. Initially good intentions but eventually came across as a bit too self entitled (aren't we all to some degree) and a knobber.

In the words of Stormzy a bit too "Big for ya boots".

In defence, I think the outset of GWR with their fleggs is well intended and did create some kind of added atmosphere. It's all the being up the arse of N-L level type players like Jamie Sendles-White. Even trying to force the issue of getting them signed up again. Which is ironic because you can guarantee that Jayboxx and his "crew" (puke) will be up in arms and waving their flags about, in regards to Taylor Curran  Yes

That's all fine, of course we can all have a viewpoint but when that viewpoint is trying to act as a mouthpiece for all fans, it might be better to actually consult all fans about it first. GWR have never done this in my eyes so I can see why they don't sit "well" with some. As I say, slightly self-entitled.

I do like fleggs though Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Maidenhead Red

Ignore
« Reply #604 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 21:22:05 »

I’ve just signed up to the Trust. Like many here, it’s a small thing to do in the grand scheme of things but something we feel necessary to do to make any difference we can

My affiliation with STFC is different to a lot of you. I’m not a Swindon native. I’ve no idea really the impact of the club on the local community. I became a Swindon fan through chance really. Parents divorced and my Dad moved to Swindon. Lived in Old Town. Way back when I was 15. We started going to games as a way to spend time together and became season tickets holders and went home and away.  In recent years our attendance has lessened, due to the normal reasons. Kids coming along, money that was spent at the football prioritised elsewhere. But our love for the club has never dipped

Swindon Town Football Club means a lot to me. It was a way to see my Dad. It was a distraction from being a child of a messy divorce. It was something I eventually fell in love with

I’m not quite sure the point I’m making here. I just felt like typing. I dont often on this forum. More of a reader. I guess the club helped me through a tough period of my life and it’s been a huge factor ever since. To see what’s going on right now is heartbreaking. We all just want the club to do well

Whatever happens, I’ll be STFC for life now. When we can start to attend games again. I’ll be there. Likely on my own as my Dad won’t make many games these days. But I’ll sit there, in the Arkells ( we were TE ST holders but I’m too old for all that standing and singing now) and I’ll make that 130 mile round trip to watch us gladly. As long as we have a club

Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Green83
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #605 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 21:41:06 »

it's good to sometimes just type. things out.

I like hearing how fans became fans, even if it's under not ideal circumstances.
Maidenhead Red

Ignore
« Reply #606 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 21:46:48 »

it's good to sometimes just type. things out.

I like hearing how fans became fans, even if it's under not ideal circumstances.

The club is like an old friend I could rely on in difficult times. Now seeing it go through tough times itself, you feel compelled to help, you know?

Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Green83
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #607 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 21:53:56 »

I do. Nice one on joining the trust
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #608 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 22:11:52 »

I’ve just signed up to the Trust. Like many here, it’s a small thing to do in the grand scheme of things but something we feel necessary to do to make any difference we can

My affiliation with STFC is different to a lot of you. I’m not a Swindon native. I’ve no idea really the impact of the club on the local community. I became a Swindon fan through chance really. Parents divorced and my Dad moved to Swindon. Lived in Old Town. Way back when I was 15. We started going to games as a way to spend time together and became season tickets holders and went home and away.  In recent years our attendance has lessened, due to the normal reasons. Kids coming along, money that was spent at the football prioritised elsewhere. But our love for the club has never dipped

Swindon Town Football Club means a lot to me. It was a way to see my Dad. It was a distraction from being a child of a messy divorce. It was something I eventually fell in love with

I’m not quite sure the point I’m making here. I just felt like typing. I dont often on this forum. More of a reader. I guess the club helped me through a tough period of my life and it’s been a huge factor ever since. To see what’s going on right now is heartbreaking. We all just want the club to do well

Whatever happens, I’ll be STFC for life now. When we can start to attend games again. I’ll be there. Likely on my own as my Dad won’t make many games these days. But I’ll sit there, in the Arkells ( we were TE ST holders but I’m too old for all that standing and singing now) and I’ll make that 130 mile round trip to watch us gladly. As long as we have a club
Cool. I like hearing the different stories behind becoming a Town fan. Thanks for sharing. I Bronzed with the Trust this morning.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #609 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 22:45:54 »

Thanks for the ramblings - With all the negativity that surrounds the club at the moment you've captured why there is a future and why fans will return once all this shit is over.

It was Stoke away under Paolo for me.  Not for me but because my daughter who had shown little interest in going before then went to that game with me and has been hooked ever since.   Yes it's a form of child abuse getting them into this shit, but at the same time something that different generations can experience and care so pationately about together is utterly unique.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #610 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 00:56:07 »

I also joined the Trust today.
My first game was standing in the Town End with my dad watching Jimmy Dickenson play for Pompey.   
This situation is so so wrong letting cockney c@nt fuck over our once proud football club.
Like Banbury, I am totally aware this situation is going to end very badly and I think it will almost certainly finish the club.
Power was and is an opportunist no different to M Diamond, Jed and others who took the people of Swindon as mugs.
Thank goodness he was unable to buy the County Ground as well.
Stay well
COYMRs

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #611 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 07:14:13 »

Nah he's sound

Sent from my CLT-L09
Agree, spoke to him a few times and he is just excitable. He does need to reign in the whole wait and see type attitude but he is harmless enough
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #612 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 10:36:31 »

Too old for standing and singing!?

What about standing, moaning and hollering abuse?

If theres an age limit on that, im fucked!

Good post Fella.

Clems Army!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #613 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 10:46:29 »

Times like these the one positive is the Supporters unite.
Need to stick together, the Trust can act as the United voice as far as I am concerned.
Lots going on.
Flashheart

« Reply #614 on: Friday, April 16, 2021, 10:50:31 »

There's been quite a few bizarre statements from chairmen/owners in the past few weeks or months.

It's about time we had one of our own. And it is Friday...
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: