Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84229 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #555 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:25:22 »

I would just like to defend LP.  He has always had the best interests of the club at heart.  It looks to me like he has been too trusting of others in his informal dealings around club financing.  If he wants Able to be the buyer, it is because he believes it to be in the best interests of STFC's future after his stewardship.  Any suggestion that there may be some backhander or other unrecorded agreement with Able is reprehensible.

I think you need to be on the fb group to get the bites your looking for  Clap Cheesy
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #556 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:48:57 »

You’ve also got to question ABLE’s motives for the sheer fact they are still interested in buying after waiting for almost 2 years, what’s really in it for them?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #557 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:49:19 »

my queries are simple:

1 why remain in the background?

2. why swindon when other opportunities are around.

sceptical speculation head on

- we got the letter
  - it may or may not have gone further
  - they buggered off pretty quickly after covid hit/the stench from the club hit.

basically I don't trust Power to use this 'sale' to see it 'fall through' and put the club and holding in admin, this reducing his liabilities and stuffing Clem/standing.

Can anyone think of a reason why Able are remaining totally silent given the current position. why not work with all the stakeholders to try and resolve the log jam

obviously the truth is - we don't really know
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #558 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:55:31 »

Thing is with all this ABLE stuff, setting aside the (rather large) fact that no one seems to have a clue who they really are, I still don't really get what the appeal is to them.

The Council are only going to sell the ground to the club in a JV with the Trust, thus ABLE if they buy Swinton Reds will still only own 50% of the real estate, and have to deal with the fans trust, likewise if the club goes into Admin I cannot see the Council entertaining any deal that involves Power or his chosen successors.

There are considerably easier ways to make money from property than this shit show.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:57:05 by horlock07 » Logged
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #559 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:59:01 »

Yeah it is mightily suspicious an external company with no ties to the area would hang on tooth and nail for ~ 2 years for a lower league football club purchase, when there are plenty of others out there to be bought with less baggage and could be done in a shorter time frame. If they wanted to just purchase a football club, they'd have moved on, but instead, it seems nothing but Swindon for them. If their interest is even still real that is...
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #560 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 09:08:41 »

Ipswich are being sold and, I believe, the council own Portman Road. So owning the real estate isn’t the prime factor there.

I think it must be certain that Standing does, indeed, own 50% of Power’s share of the club as it was him who brought all these shenanigans to light when he stopped Power trying to flog the club without his permission.

Doing this he must have known the personal consequences of a certain F.A. investigation. Being banned was probably less severe then losing his considerable investment in STFC. I again presume his recent resignation from First Touch is in anticipation of an F.A. ban, which brings me to ask that if he tells all to the FA is that sufficient to prove his ownership claim over STFC - thus shafting Power and his attempt to put us in Admin? Or will the court case decide that outcome?
Flashheart

« Reply #561 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 09:21:10 »

I find it easy to see why a wealthy person/business would want to get involved with lower league English clubs that have potential.

How many opportunities have come around since we first heard about ABLE?

Ipswich?
Wigan?

(I know there's probably more than two, it's just all that comes to mind now)

How much did these cost to buy into? What other factors were there that might affect interest? Why Swindon and not them?

« Last Edit: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 09:23:19 by Flashheart » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #562 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 09:50:08 »

Yeah it is mightily suspicious an external company with no ties to the area would hang on tooth and nail for ~ 2 years for a lower league football club purchase, when there are plenty of others out there to be bought with less baggage and could be done in a shorter time frame. If they wanted to just purchase a football club, they'd have moved on, but instead, it seems nothing but Swindon for them. If their interest is even still real that is...
TBF that could also be levelled at Clem Morfuni too. Apparently there is a lot of interest from US investors in buying into English football because they see our clubs as being comparatively cheap to acquire compared to the costs of buying into sports teams in the US and they think our TV rights and commercial deals are underexploited.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #563 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 09:51:10 »

I think Power has a week to respond to the FA charges. Maybe this has accelerated things. What if Standing has already fessed up to the FA? That drops Power right in it.
I don't think it does. Or at least no more than what was said in open court. Standing's whole case is that he owned 50% of the club. That is why he and Power have been charged.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #564 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 10:03:51 »

If Power is desperate to sell to them - and them only - I’d be asking myself why?

He really is an absolute turd.
There can only be 1 reason, kick backs.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #565 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 10:41:41 »

Just listened to Kieran Maguire’s latest podcast on the Price of Football.

He seems to think a points deduction is possible but not probable.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #566 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 10:45:03 »

Thing is with all this ABLE stuff, setting aside the (rather large) fact that no one seems to have a clue who they really are, I still don't really get what the appeal is to them.

The Council are only going to sell the ground to the club in a JV with the Trust, thus ABLE if they buy Swinton Reds will still only own 50% of the real estate, and have to deal with the fans trust, likewise if the club goes into Admin I cannot see the Council entertaining any deal that involves Power or his chosen successors.

There are considerably easier ways to make money from property than this shit show.
Was thinking about this. What if any new owner continues the deal with the council and purchases the CG 50-50 with the Trust. Then, a couple of years down the line and the culmination of a plan, the club ceases to exist. No club, no Trust, one CG owner with no pesky football club getting in the way.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #567 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 10:49:04 »

https://www.mylife.com/william-keravuori/e439896732018

Interesting, William DOES have Court, Arrest or Criminal Records and William DOES have Lawsuits, Liens, Evictions or Bankruptcies apparently.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #568 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 10:57:45 »

Sounds Fit and Proper
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #569 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 11:20:34 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/17917935.us-firm-makes-7m-bid-buy-swindon-town-club-denies-knowledge/

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17920067.lee-power-states-swindon-town-not-sale-no-offers-made-despite-advers-7million-us-bid-discovery/

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/17973711.documents-show-able-company-swindon-llcs-interest-purchasing-swindon-town-club-continues-deny-approach-made/

Frankly, it stinks. Something doesn't add up.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: