Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84838 times)
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #540 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 06:01:27 »

If Power is desperate to sell to them - and them only - I’d be asking myself why?

He really is an absolute turd.
That's definitely the big, and worrying question. Has to be something about the deal which makes it personally more financially incentivised for Power, or it's just out of pure spite towards Clem.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #541 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 06:08:38 »

Someone on the Facebook group did some.digging and found that William Kerravouri (the 'frontman' from the leaked documents), his father in law who he works for at The Abbey Group was worth $14billion, and in the theme of recent days, allegedly! Same chap that's part of the Boston Celtics ownership structure.

From looking into them last year, I'm sure I read they were working on a stadium with the New England Patriots... So ownership desire could be based on County Ground renovation, or new stadium for us, in order to maybe expand in to stadium business in the UK maybe.

Don't believe anything on there.  The Abbey group is not worth anything like that, according to Dunn and Bradstreet  it has estimated revenues of $3.15m and has 10 employees.

Robert Epstein is the front man and managing partner of the Boston Celtics and has been since 2002 but is not the main money man.   That said he does of course know an awful lot of exceedingly wealthy people!
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #542 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 06:09:10 »

Either that or they are more likely to keep schtum about his tenure.
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #543 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 06:17:49 »

That's definitely the big, and worrying question. Has to be something about the deal which makes it personally more financially incentivised for Power, or it's just out of pure spite towards Clem.

Yes it's odd.  You'd have thought bidding the 2 off each other to get the price up would be the sensible thing to do.  I can't see it being pig headedness, he's not stupid.

Perhaps he has and Able just want it to be kept quiet......
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 06:24:07 by Pookemon » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #544 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 06:44:36 »

I think Power has a week to respond to the FA charges. Maybe this has accelerated things. What if Standing has already fessed up to the FA? That drops Power right in it.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #545 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 07:17:07 »

Combination of both, silent partner to new venture (this is Lee Power) and spite against those who have challenged him.
Just hope this doesn’t drag on for a long time as the on field issues will become progressively worse.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #546 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 07:21:01 »

Combination of both, silent partner to new venture (this is Lee Power) and spite against those who have challenged him.
Just hope this doesn’t drag on for a long time as the on field issues will become progressively worse.
On the subject of silent partner, I wonder if that would be similar to some of the recent club sales such as Ipswich where the selling owner retains a small % stake in the club (i.e. 5%). Or is it more sinister than that?
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #547 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 07:25:34 »

Andy Holt confined this morning that Accrington Stanley budget was £1.3mn this season, which was judged by the EFL as not the lowest budget. Wonder if our original budget was one of these judged lower.

I'm sure our budget for the 2014/15 playoff campaign was £1.5-£1.8mn, which was with ~7000 fans per week. With clubs shelling out more than that without fans this season, makes your mind wander at where the revenue was going at the time...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #548 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 07:31:58 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/19233262.lee-power-apparently-preparing-sell-swindon-town-court-told/
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #549 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 07:36:11 »

You can try this link, it seemed to work okay for me.

https://www.redarmyfund.co.uk/sign-up/

Thanks buddy, appears I was using the wrong website
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #550 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 07:48:39 »

But was tragic,  but ultimately  all the sympathy in the world makes no difference to the outcome.

What would be good is a coordinate effort in getting shot of this parasite that has a chance of success.

I'm not qualified to know how to do  that.

e..g.
will not buying a season ticket/boycott  all revenue streams for now increase his desperation, or will it kill the club?

what else can we do?

Have been doing that this season and have joined the trust this morning too. However, I can’t just watch our beloved club possibly become the next Bury. I don’t expect everyone to agree but I for one fully intend to be at The County Ground Tuesday and protest in a peaceful and legal manner. Ideally I’d love to see a couple of hundred fans chanting ‘Power Out’ and getting some media coverage. Totally fed up with all these rouge chairmen in football and we’ve had more than our fair share.

Fan Power. Not Lee Power.
Flashheart

« Reply #551 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:01:13 »

That has much more of a 'being sold' angle than a 'going into admin' angle.

Which puts more focus on 'who the fuck are ABLE company?'.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:05:21 by Flashheart » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #552 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:11:54 »

That has much more of a 'being sold' angle than a 'going into admin' angle.

Which puts more focus on 'who the fuck are ABLE company?'.
They are as theakston posted, a Boston-based spin-off of a property development company owned by William Kerravouri. Unless you meant, who else is behind them and him?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #553 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:16:45 »

I would just like to defend LP.  He has always had the best interests of the club at heart.  It looks to me like he has been too trusting of others in his informal dealings around club financing.  If he wants Able to be the buyer, it is because he believes it to be in the best interests of STFC's future after his stewardship.  Any suggestion that there may be some backhander or other unrecorded agreement with Able is reprehensible.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #554 on: Thursday, April 15, 2021, 08:22:02 »

I would just like to defend LP.  He has always had the best interests of the club at heart.  It looks to me like he has been too trusting of others in his informal dealings around club financing.  If he wants Able to be the buyer, it is because he believes it to be in the best interests of STFC's future after his stewardship.  Any suggestion that there may be some backhander or other unrecorded agreement with Able is reprehensible.

Now that, is satire.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: