Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84749 times)
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 15:41:40 »

It's a weird one, on one hand things never seem to go that great for us. On the other hand after all the fucking chaos over the years the clubs still trucking along. History says we'll be fine.

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 15:44:05 »

Like I said, I’m naturally pessimistic so I’m considering a worst-case scenario. While I’ve no idea whether Power’s comments about the club being on the brink of admin was total bollocks, almost bollocks or not at all bollocks, he’s hardly a business success story and so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if a further financial hit (astronomical is relative) would be enough for him to declare admin and jump into a self-serving life boat.
Yep, fair point.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 15:57:19 »

Give it a week or so and the club will probably announce season ticket prices so Power will still get one more payday
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 16:29:44 »

Like I said, I’m naturally pessimistic so I’m considering a worst-case scenario. While I’ve no idea whether Power’s comments about the club being on the brink of admin was total bollocks, almost bollocks or not at all bollocks, he’s hardly a business success story and so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if a further financial hit (astronomical is relative) would be enough for him to declare admin and jump into a self-serving life boat.
There’s still an injunction pending that prevents him from putting the club in admin.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 19:13:50 »

Give it a week or so and the club will probably announce season ticket prices so Power will still get one more payday

I think this time people at least will hold back the money.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 19:16:38 »

There’s still an injunction pending that prevents him from putting the club in admin.

It’s won’t be long term.
Not sure of the legality to a “co-owner” having a 15% stake in the club and whether that prevents the club from going into admin.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 9, 2021, 19:18:29 by TheDukeOfBanbury » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 19:19:14 »

It’s not long term.

Any interim injunction will usually continue until settlement or trial.

Nothing to see here
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 19:43:13 »

Any interim injunction will usually continue until settlement or trial.

You need to change the avatar to Farewell to the Kings Smiley
We live in hope.
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 19:43:48 »

You need to change the avatar to Farewell to the Kings Smiley
We live in hope.

One day my friend

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 22:21:27 »

Hmm, it would seem there is precedent for the FA deducting points: when Spurs were found guilty of financial irregularities in 1994, they were outraged to be docked 12 points, apparently by the FA; and more recently 10 of the 30 points Luton were docked at the start of the 2008-09 season were an FA sanction. I had previously thought they were all FL deductions. I can't find a more recent instance of the FA docking points than the Luton case though. Happy to be corrected if others can.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/luton_town/7500435.stm
« Last Edit: Friday, April 9, 2021, 22:23:29 by pauld » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 22:32:32 »

And having had the relevant section of the FA handbook pointed out to me, the power still exists for an FA Regulatory Commission to impose a punishment including

"any order which may be made under the rules and regulations of a Competition in which the Participant Charged  participates  or  is  associated,  which  shall  be  deemed  to  include  the  deduction  of  points  and  removal from a Competition at any stage of any playing season;"

Apologies for getting this wrong. Although it would appear the power hasn't been used since 2008, again, happy to be corrected if others can find a more recent instance.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 22:34:54 »

tbf that's certainly a realistic scenario, just don't see any fine actually forcing us into admin unless it's astronomical. Someone choosing to use it as cover, however, that's more than credible

All relative to the magnitude of said hypothetical fine, surely?

Unless I’m missing something. Someone has to pay the fine and get the money from somewhere and I can’t imagine the club exactly has much, if any cash in reserve.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 22:37:37 »

All relative to the magnitude of said hypothetical fine, surely?
Well yes, which is why I said (in the bit you quoted)
tbf that's certainly a realistic scenario, just don't see any fine actually forcing us into admin unless it's astronomical. Someone choosing to use it as cover, however, that's more than credible
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 23:00:59 »

The other thing to consider is how odd this affect any potential takeover? The prospect for new owners to pay any fine as well as a points deduction are not great selling points.
Flashheart

« Reply #359 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 23:03:21 »

The other thing to consider is how odd this affect any potential takeover? The prospect for new owners to pay any fine as well as a points deduction are not great selling points.

I'm confident that people waiting in the wings have been well aware of these shenanigans for some time.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: