Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84186 times)
Maidenhead Red

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 13:59:31 »

Fuck all that old bollocks, I've already got the London Reds picking out suitable pubs for Maidenhead away.

Not many pubs to choose from. However Maidenhead away would be so convenient. It’d also guarantee the attendance of one Timothy Mallet. Self proclaimed Maidenhead “super fan”. So a target for some colourful chants at least
« Last Edit: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:02:47 by Maidenhead Red » Logged

Follow me on Twitter @Ian_Green83
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:16:21 »

Yes, but an FA fine could lead to administration and then a points deduction. Doomsday scenario maybe, but it is a scenario that could see the club in non-league in little over a year - relegation due to being shit this season and relegation next season due to not being good enough to overhaul a points deduction. I’m naturally pessimistic so that’s my direction of travel.
Why would a fine lead to administration? Do you think we’d get fined millions or something?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:32:32 »

Yes, but an FA fine could lead to administration and then a points deduction.
It would have to be one hell of a fine.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:33:08 »

Why would a fine lead to administration? Do you think we’d get fined millions or something?
Legitimate concern to be fair as do you think considering the current ownership debate do you actually think Power would pay any fine?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:34:35 »

Legitimate concern to be fair as do you think considering the current ownership debate do you actually think Power would pay any fine?
That still wouldn't lead to administration.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:38:00 »

That still wouldn't lead to administration.
Not paying bills or not having/wanting to pay for things ultimately leads to admin. I don't think it inappropriate to have massive concerns over status of the club as a going concern over the coming months and this combined with any financial punishment could be the straw that breaks the camels back.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:44:04 »

Not paying bills or not having/wanting to pay for things ultimately leads to admin. I don't think it inappropriate to have massive concerns over status of the club as a going concern over the coming months and this combined with any financial punishment could be the straw that breaks the camels back.
I completely agree that it's right to be concerned about the state of the club, it's clearly a mess and there are some very real threats on the horizon. So there's no need to either exaggerate the scale of those threats or make up non-existent ones, the shit we're in is bad enough
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:46:16 »

I think once the dust settles on all this, Town will "Do a Leicester" via the contacts in Clem's Filofax and we'll see Town lift the Premier League title in 10yrs.

This will be the axis for Town, along with a shiny redeveloped ground (including integrated water park) to boot. There will be no more shifty powers held over the Town.

Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:49:36 »

At least after this Clem will probably be able to reduce his offer for the club

Although nothing would stop Power & Standing selling their remaining 84.9999% share to someone else should they kiss and make up.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:51:02 »

I completely agree that it's right to be concerned about the state of the club, it's clearly a mess and there are some very real threats on the horizon. So there's no need to either exaggerate the scale of those threats or make up non-existent ones, the shit we're in is bad enough
What's made up or non-existent? Experience says when a business that is operating hand to mouth (I think we all agree that is the case here) encounters any unexpected expenditure (of which a fine would be as it's not going to be budgeted for) it doesn't often end well. I don't think fearing that a fine given to the club could lead to admin is that far fetched unfortunately!
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:53:29 »

There's no doubt in my mind that Power will use any potential fine as a reason to have to do something annoying... Selling a player, not offering decent money for potential new players. Admin, no idea. He's already threatened it so I can imagine he will threaten it again as a bluff (at the very least).
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 14:56:22 »

The chances are Power will have sold up in the not too distant. I presume Clem, or whoever, will amend (lower) any offer to take account of the shit state he has left the club in.

And that offer is going to go lower and lower the longer the fat cockney cunt hangs around.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 15:18:03 »

The chances are Power will have sold up in the not too distant. I presume Clem, or whoever, will amend (lower) any offer to take account of the shit state he has left the club in.

And that offer is going to go lower and lower the longer the fat cockney cunt hangs around.
I'd be amazed if any potential buyer had a clue what the state of the club is even after due diligence.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 15:18:59 »

There's no doubt in my mind that Power will use any potential fine as a reason to have to do something annoying... Selling a player, not offering decent money for potential new players. Admin, no idea. He's already threatened it so I can imagine he will threaten it again as a bluff (at the very least).
tbf that's certainly a realistic scenario, just don't see any fine actually forcing us into admin unless it's astronomical. Someone choosing to use it as cover, however, that's more than credible
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 15:39:06 »

tbf that's certainly a realistic scenario, just don't see any fine actually forcing us into admin unless it's astronomical. Someone choosing to use it as cover, however, that's more than credible
Like I said, I’m naturally pessimistic so I’m considering a worst-case scenario. While I’ve no idea whether Power’s comments about the club being on the brink of admin was total bollocks, almost bollocks or not at all bollocks, he’s hardly a business success story and so I wouldn’t be surprised at all if a further financial hit (astronomical is relative) would be enough for him to declare admin and jump into a self-serving life boat.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: