Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84247 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:36:44 »

But is it likely to get butt fucked by BOTH governing bodies for the same offence(s)? Guessing the 2 have discussed it between them and the FA got the gig.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:37:05 »

That's about owning stake in more than one club in the EFL, not about agents. However, all leagues regulated by the FA are obliged to incorporate or at least allow for FA regulations in their own rules, so there may well be EFL rules around this. As I said, it's probably open to the League to put us on a charge as well if the FA find their charge proven and that may then allow for points deductions BUT I don't know if there is such a rule and/or if they can effectively punish us twice for the same offence. At the moment we are facing an FA charge and people are massively overreacting. Understandably perhaps, but really some of the stuff on here this morning is well over the top.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:38:41 »

Whatever the outcome, I wonder if it will impact his ownership of Waterford.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:41:02 »

thought it was quite an interesting discussion about how far people will go to remove power.

I think most people know - they don't know whether it'll be a slap on the wrists fine, or lead to something more severe
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:41:26 »

That's about owning stake in more than one club in the EFL, not about agents. However, all leagues regulated by the FA are obliged to incorporate or at least allow for FA regulations in their own rules, so there may well be EFL rules around this. As I said, it's probably open to the League to put us on a charge as well if the FA find their charge proven and that may then allow for points deductions BUT I don't know if there is such a rule and/or if they can effectively punish us twice for the same offence. At the moment we are facing an FA charge and people are massively overreacting. Understandably perhaps, but really some of the stuff on here this morning is well over the top.
I'm not so sure, it states 'interests in more than one football club'. Standing being an agent surely means he has interests in more than one club by definition.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #320 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:42:58 »

Yes, by the Football League. Not the FA. A lot of people don't seem to be able to differentiate between the two, and the fact they have two different disciplinary/regulatory systems.
It does still amaze me that there are so many governing bodies in football. Not all sing from the same hymn sheet or even worship the same God, as it were.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:49:03 »

I'm not so sure, it states 'interests in more than one football club'. Standing being an agent surely means he has interests in more than one club by definition.
No it doesn't. What is meant by "interests in more than one football club" is defined within that same section, albeit laboriously. It means someone with a financial and/or executive interest, not just interested generally. Otherwise companies wouldn't be able to work for more than one club.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:52:38 »

No it doesn't. What is meant by "interests in more than one football club" is defined within that same section, albeit laboriously. It means someone with a financial and/or executive interest, not just interested generally. Otherwise companies wouldn't be able to work for more than one club.
Difference being here that Standing had a direct interest over the financial decision making at one of the clubs he has an interest in. Ultimately who knows, I'm sure there will be a general bringing the EFL into disrepute charge that can be thrown at the club.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:55:54 »

Difference being here that Standing had a direct interest over the financial decision making at one of the clubs he has an interest in.
Yes, but he didn't have interests in more than one football club. You're looking at the wrong regulations. It's the Owners and Directors Test that prohibits agents from having a beneficial/controlling interest in a club. So theoretically we might be open to a charge under those regulations. BUT
a) We're not at the moment, we're facing an FA charge
b) As I understand it, double jeopardy rules would prohibit the EFL from charging us with an offence the FA had already dealt with. There would need to be a breach of the EFL rules that hadn't been dealt with by the FA charge
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 12:21:13 »

I'm sure the case will dragon for a while, we have until 22 April to respond, not sure they can deny the charges, then there will have to be a date agreed for the hearing, legal's will argue it out so will probably be a 2-3 day hearing, then we will have to wait for the punishment, then once that is announced there will be the right of appeal, then will have to convene and meet to over everything again, then again waiting for the outcome, so you would guess everything will not be fully known until at least July/August.

During that time we need to appoint a new manager, let him appoint his backroom team, who needs to be given a budget and needs to assess his squad and start arranging a pre-season and speaking to players to sign.

Will Power have any interest with the charges hanging over him in wanting to get the football side of things working properly and quickly or will be just give the job to the dinosaur for ease.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 12:45:31 »

thought it was quite an interesting discussion about how far people will go to remove power.

I am seriously considering sending him a strongly worded letter!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 12:50:19 »

It does still amaze me that there are so many governing bodies in football. Not all sing from the same hymn sheet or even worship the same God, as it were.

It doesn't surprise me, regulation is big business with a lot of noses in the trough, it does surprise me however that there is the possibility that if the FA find us guilty of something the FL will apparently just say 'well lads the FA have dealt with it so crack on, I can just imagine the teams who finished below us in the league last season will let that lie. The idea that double jeopardy no longer applies for murder (I was at school with the first lad who got done under that law change) but still applies in football does amaze me though.

Most sports regulation is to act as a deterrent, if we get a slap on the bum its going to deter no one from doing the same so I am not that hopeful.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 12:50:37 »

Sounds like half of you might as well fuck off and support Supermarine. Fucking weirdos.
Flashheart

« Reply #328 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 12:58:01 »

Most sports regulation is to act as a deterrent, if we get a slap on the bum its going to deter no one from doing the same

... unless Power et al get a hefty fine/ban/whatever.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 13:49:14 »

Yes, by the Football League. Not the FA. A lot of people don't seem to be able to differentiate between the two, and the fact they have two different disciplinary/regulatory systems.
Yes, but an FA fine could lead to administration and then a points deduction. Doomsday scenario maybe, but it is a scenario that could see the club in non-league in little over a year - relegation due to being shit this season and relegation next season due to not being good enough to overhaul a points deduction. I’m naturally pessimistic so that’s my direction of travel.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: