Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84251 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #300 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:57:26 »

If we started in the South West leagues I would be able to get to far more matches in person Smiley selfish to the last me.

For me without Swindon there is no football, I am not interested in any other club and haven't even bothered watching the overpaid prima donnas of the England team lately.

One club man.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:02:01 »

Blimey, lots of people getting carried away this morning with the doomsday scenarios. I'm not sure that the FA even have the power to demote/deduct points, I think those sanctions are only available to the PL/EFL as the FA doing it would be an infringement on the jurisdictions and integrity of the leagues. I can't find any precedent for the *FA* ordering a points deduction or demotion. AFAIK, the FA only have the power to fine, suspend or ban individuals or organisations. Of course that doesn't preclude the possibility that if the FA find the club guilty of a charge then the EFL could take further action on the basis of that charge but I'm not sure they can do that (double jeopardy and all that) and anyway that's pure speculation. At the moment we are facing an FA charge and so would be subject to FA sanctions. It's really important to remember what the various governing bodies are and what they have jurisdiction over before everyone reaches for the nuclear scenario.

I'm not sure that many people on here ACTUALLY expect us to get thrown out of the league, or deducted 30 points next season or whatever in reality. The Swindon in the Southern leagues etc often is brought up and discussed and I think it's probably been triggered by the news this week.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #302 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:04:07 »

Blimey, lots of people getting carried away this morning with the doomsday scenarios.
Not really mate, its more of a What if "worst case scenario", everybody gets something different from football and supporting us, many many factors are involved.

I'm not sure that the FA even have the power to demote/deduct points, I think those sanctions are only available to the PL/EFL as the FA doing it would be an infringement on the jurisdictions and integrity of the leagues.

I thought the EFL had to abide by what the FA say, so if they suggest a points deduction or demotion then the EFL will have to stand by that decision?

Not like we haven't been demoted for financial irregularities before, the only club to have been demoted for this, thats why some fans can only see the negative side of things with all things FA/EFL related.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:04:22 »

Honestly, I'd defo be out if it were a phoenix. If we ended up in NLS purely through ineptitude, I don't think I'd be interested in semi-pro football and the costs associated with travelling 150 miles to watch us v Chippenham or Bath or Slough.

I think it'd break the habit, and who knows if that'd recover if we recovered our league position. Let's hope we never find out.

All completely fair and valid points and with you completely on the last statement. I wonder if we'd create new and intense rivalries with Bath City etc whilst down there. You can imagine some of our more 'tasty' fans might enjoy the opportunities to act like dickheads in new and exciting towns and cities.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:06:38 »

For me personally I don't think I would bother, I want to see a reasonable standard of football. Watching football at a level that isn't that far off what I've played at doesn't have any attraction to be honest and wouldn't get me travelling to Swindon to watch.

It could be argued that in the last 10 years or so we haven't exactly played a lot of what could be classed as 'reasonable standard' of football. But again, I completely get and respect your point.

JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:15:45 »

I suppose I should put down a deposit on a Yeovil town season ticket.

Nothing to see here
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:19:43 »

Not like we haven't been demoted for financial irregularities before, the only club to have been demoted for this, thats why some fans can only see the negative side of things with all things FA/EFL related.
Yes, by the Football League. Not the FA. A lot of people don't seem to be able to differentiate between the two, and the fact they have two different disciplinary/regulatory systems.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:20:41 »

It could be argued that in the last 10 years or so we haven't exactly played a lot of what could be classed as 'reasonable standard' of football. But again, I completely get and respect your point.
You don't realise the gulf until you witness it, the other year I played for a Vets (over 35) team with a lot of players having spent a good number of seasons at Southern League/Hellenic level. We played a team with Julian Joachim, Lee Hendrie and Lee Carsley in it and even in their 40's they were at a different level.  
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:23:36 »

The FA can’t direct the EFL to carry out a punishment on their behalf.

It’ll be a combo of bans and fines.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:24:26 »

You don't realise the gulf until you witness it, the other year I played for a Vets (over 35) team with a lot of players having spent a good number of seasons at Southern League/Hellenic level. We played a team with Julian Joachim, Lee Hendrie and Lee Carsley in it and even in their 40's they were at a different level. 

to be fair, they did play most of their careers at the very top level. It would be interesting if you replaced those 3 players you mentioned with ex-pros who spent most of their careers at Lg1 and 2 and see if there was such a big gap. I daresay there would be a gap of course, but probably not as much of a chasm as having those guys.

Given our performances against non-league teams in the FA Cup, I dread to think how we would get on playing those kind of teams permanently! Smiley

Shrivvy Road

« Reply #310 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:25:37 »

I am not sure people actually expect us to be demoted it's just a discussion on a forum about peoples thoughts on if in the highly unlikely event it happened
Flashheart

« Reply #311 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:25:55 »

As has been mentioned numerous times, the FA don't do points deductions - the EFL does.

So, does anybody know if we've broken any EFL rules?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:29:28 »

As has been mentioned numerous times, the FA don't do points deductions - the EFL does.

I'd say we are in breach of some of these (specifically section 105):

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/sections-10--11---association-and-dual-interests-and-additional-provisions/
« Last Edit: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:33:43 by theakston2k » Logged
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #313 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:30:42 »

Doesn't seem like anyone knows yet
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:31:10 »

I’d actually be more likely to start going again, if we went into non league and / or as a Phoenix club.

The current STFC has done me dirty so many times over the years. To be point that I felt like support STFC was a horrendous addiction and ruining my mood constantly.

The current state as a completely irrelevant L1-L2 club is boring as fuck to me. I’d rather watch us play Maidenhead than Oldham or Colchester or Shrewsbury or Carlisle or Accrington or Plymouth.
Teams we’ve played god knows how many times in the last 20 years.

I’d rather we were the dog bollocks (no guarantee that would be the case obviously) in a lower division than just making up the numbers in a higher division.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 9, 2021, 11:32:49 by DV Canio » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: