Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84228 times)
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:21:52 »

In an ideal world, Power will be fined and told he can no longer own the club and be forced to sell.

Standing will be fined and have his license revoked to be an agent.

Barry will be fine and banned from ownership of any club.

The club will be given a slap on the wrist and a defered fine and a with suspended points deduction/explusion/demotion if caught again.
I think that's the best idea yet JJ.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:22:51 »

What was the actual fine for West Ham when they breached third party ownership regulations on Tevez and Mascherano? £5.5m or something like that, not entirely relevant to us I guess but the fine amount says that it is seen as a pretty serious misdemeanour.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:23:02 »

In an ideal world, Power will be fined and told he can no longer own the club and be forced to sell.

Standing will be fined and have his license revoked to be an agent.

Barry will be fine and banned from ownership of any club.

The club will be given a slap on the wrist and a defered fine and a with suspended points deduction/explusion/demotion if caught again.

Orrrrr they'll get a slap on the wrists and Town will be put over a barrel and made an example of.

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:23:11 »

The point is no one knows, one thing that concerns me is that we will be seen as a precedent.

I just don't get the excitement from some about watching the club at a semi-professional level and whether it's via the FA or a financial collapse there is a significant risk of something along those lines happening now.

Think that's a bit doom mongery. From memory, Leeds got done for something similar and they got fined / Cellino got a ban (the rules have changed since then, probably thanks to Leeds). I know people think the FA have an agenda against us because of something that happened 30 years ago, but a demotion is excessive for the crime. A points deduction seems harsh but I could see it happening. I'd probably take a points deduction AND a ban for Power right now if it meant he fucked off.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:26:18 »

Think that's a bit doom mongery. From memory, Leeds got done for something similar and they got fined / Cellino got a ban (the rules have changed since then, probably thanks to Leeds). I know people think the FA have an agenda against us because of something that happened 30 years ago, but a demotion is excessive for the crime. A points deduction seems harsh but I could see it happening. I'd probably take a points deduction AND a ban for Power right now if it meant he fucked off.
My ultimate concern is the financial side if I'm honest, even if we do 'only' get a fine, if Power is the owner still do we think he will actually pay it especially as it will seemingly indicate he will lose the court case in December or whenever it is. Then what....
Panda Paws

« Reply #290 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:30:33 »

Loyal Supporter !!.

I'm certainly not going get involved in fan wars with you - we all have our own motivations for going to football, and mine would be eroded at that level.
Flashheart

« Reply #291 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:35:27 »

I can't see anything but the club being forced to dissolve PLUS a point deduction (even though we no longer exist). And we will never be allowed to form again, not even in non-league, ever. Oxford and the Bristols also get points ADDED ON just to punish us further.

FACT!!!
Panda Paws

« Reply #292 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:40:09 »

I can't see anything but the club being forced to dissolve PLUS a point deduction (even though we no longer exist). And we will never be allowed to form again, not even in non-league, ever. Oxford and the Bristols also get points ADDED ON just to punish us further.

FACT!!!

BUT IT'LL BE FUN
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:44:06 »

I'm certainly not going get involved in fan wars with you - we all have our own motivations for going to football, and mine would be eroded at that level.

Taking aside the current punishment looming, would you really stop going/supporting the club if it got relegated to say Conference South due to consistent ineptitude etc? And then you'd come back again if the club started to rise up the league again, or would that be it completely?

And this is not meant as a dig, or a moan or whatever as fans can do what they like, but just curious as to the thinking that's all.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #294 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:44:34 »

It's the same as anything this though, some people will enjoy it more for some reason. Some people hate the thought of playing in the premier league it's just down to what each fan feels and enjoys as a fan. There is no actual right or wrong answer i suppose
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #295 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:47:09 »

Taking aside the current punishment looming, would you really stop going/supporting the club if it got relegated to say Conference South due to consistent ineptitude etc? And then you'd come back again if the club started to rise up the league again, or would that be it completely?
I don't care whatever division we end up in I will always follow and support the club, its not about success or the level we play at but about the club, the town and the fraternity.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Panda Paws

« Reply #296 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:48:42 »

And this is not meant as a dig, or a moan or whatever as fans can do what they like, but just curious as to the thinking that's all.

Honestly, I'd defo be out if it were a phoenix. If we ended up in NLS purely through ineptitude, I don't think I'd be interested in semi-pro football and the costs associated with travelling 150 miles to watch us v Chippenham or Bath or Slough.

I think it'd break the habit, and who knows if that'd recover if we recovered our league position. Let's hope we never find out.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:50:55 »

For me personally I don't think I would bother, I want to see a reasonable standard of football. Watching football at a level that isn't that far off what I've played at doesn't have any attraction to be honest and wouldn't get me travelling to Swindon to watch.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:51:36 »

Sod getting a season ticket in non League.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:55:21 »

Blimey, lots of people getting carried away this morning with the doomsday scenarios. I'm not sure that the FA even have the power to demote/deduct points, I think those sanctions are only available to the PL/EFL as the FA doing it would be an infringement on the jurisdictions and integrity of the leagues. I can't find any precedent for the *FA* ordering a points deduction or demotion. AFAIK, the FA only have the power to fine, suspend or ban individuals or organisations. Of course that doesn't preclude the possibility that if the FA find the club guilty of a charge then the EFL could take further action on the basis of that charge but I'm not sure they can do that (double jeopardy and all that) and anyway that's pure speculation. At the moment we are facing an FA charge and so would be subject to FA sanctions. It's really important to remember what the various governing bodies are and what they have jurisdiction over before everyone reaches for the nuclear scenario.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: