Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84803 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:43:54 »

what money. he seems to have borrowed/secured most of it from Standing, Clem and, allegedly, Taylor Curran's dad, the security guy and Marty Byrd.

Doubt any will lend him any more

Who bloody knows, with his 'history' I am amazed that anyone lent any to him before, or in fact how people who have made lots of cash (which would suggest they are pretty shrewd) seem prepared to throw big amounts of cash about without any written agreement/contract nor security?

Different world.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:45:47 »

what money. he seems to have borrowed/secured most of it from Standing, Clem and, allegedly, Taylor Curran's dad, the security guy and Marty Byrd.

Doubt any will lend him any more
Whatever we get from the football.lwague, ticket sales etc. Much less than now. So we have even shitter players on shorter contracts and the club slides but power stays until he gets an offer he accepts.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:48:27 »

Several others have bounced back as well to be fair. Doncaster many years ago, Lincoln, Luton, Grimsby, Mansfield, Carlisle etc etc. I'd say we were more on that level than Torquay, Hartlepool et al with no disrespect to them.

However I do get the point. I'd rather not go down there because there's no guarantee it's an instant response at all.
Depends what level we start at as none of those ended up below the National League. Despite all the excitement on here if we ended up in the Southern league for example barely 1k would likely attend after a few weeks and the novelty wears off. People seem to be forgetting that the National League has stricter rules on finances than the EFL so if we got kicked out of the EFL I'd say it's extremely unlikely we would get accepted by them so we'd be looking at step 7 best case, no thanks.  
« Last Edit: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:55:12 by theakston2k » Logged
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:49:47 »

Who bloody knows, with his 'history' I am amazed that anyone lent any to him before, or in fact how people who have made lots of cash (which would suggest they are pretty shrewd) seem prepared to throw big amounts of cash about without any written agreement/contract nor security?

Different world.

What's £5 million to a player that has been in the PL since the age of 16/17?  It's probably seen as a bit of loose change.

Nothing to see here
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:56:38 »

Whatever we get from the football.lwague, ticket sales etc. Much less than now. So we have even shitter players on shorter contracts and the club slides but power stays until he gets an offer he accepts.

Setting aside whatever the FA decide to do, as it stands Power has an asset (the football club) that is depreciating by the hour, and the only thing that may stop that slide is us staying up. Start in Div 2 next season and its worth even less (plus unless some sort of miracle happens the crowds will be barely above 3 figures if this forum is anything to go by), add into the mix that in theory he potentially only owns 35% (still not sure why Standing and Clem have not had a cosy chat yet, perhaps they have) and I imagine HMRC are taking an interested glance in our direction.

As I see it, the only value left is the houses he has planning permission for.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #275 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:01:49 »

Different world.

Gareth Barry? Shrewd?
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:03:42 »

Gareth Barry? Shrewd?
More like 'Screwed' by the sound of it.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:05:27 »

Depends what level we start at as none of those ended up below the National League. Despite all the excitement on here if we ended up in the Southern league for example barely 1k would likely attend after a few weeks and the novelty wears off. People seem to be forgetting that the National League has stricter rules on finances than the EFL so if we got kicked out of the EFL I'd say it's extremely unlikely we would get accepted by them so we'd be looking at step 7 best case, no thanks. 

so we've gone from a points deduction to getting demoted 4 divisions. Damn the FA are getting stricter by the hour
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #278 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:06:36 »

so we've gone from a points deduction to getting demoted 4 divisions. Damn the FA are getting stricter by the hour

Why not both?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:07:02 »

What's £5 million to a player that has been in the PL since the age of 16/17?  It's probably seen as a bit of loose change.

I imagine he made more than that during a single one of his 5 seasons at Man City so yeah I doubt its much an issue financially, probably a punt that he wrote off years ago.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:07:43 »

Why not both?
Be careful what you wish for !.

theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:11:01 »

The point is no one knows, one thing that concerns me is that we will be seen as a precedent.

I just don't get the excitement from some about watching the club at a semi-professional level and whether it's via the FA or a financial collapse there is a significant risk of something along those lines happening now.
Panda Paws

« Reply #282 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:17:10 »

My gut feeling is that it'll be fines all round.

Not that's it's relevant, but I'd be gone if we were a National League South club or a Phoenix.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #283 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:19:18 »

In an ideal world, Power will be fined and told he can no longer own the club and be forced to sell.

Standing will be fined and have his license revoked to be an agent.

Barry will be fine and banned from ownership of any club.

The club will be given a slap on the wrist and a defered fine and a with suspended points deduction/explusion/demotion if caught again.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 10:20:30 »

My gut feeling is that it'll be fines all round.

Not that's it's relevant, but I'd be gone if we were a National League South club or a Phoenix.
Loyal Supporter !!.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: