Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84199 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 07:08:26 »

Fine by me if it means a Power and Sheridactyl fuck off

Could well be the only positive that comes out of this.
Just hoping we don’t find our club deep in the lower pyramid of football obscurity.
The pressure will intensify over the coming weeks for sure.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:08:21 »

Just hoping we don’t find our club deep in the lower pyramid of football obscurity.
I’m actually quite looking forward to the prospect of some kind of resolution, even if an outcome is relegation and / or points deduction. Hopefully it will usher in a new regime on and off the pitch sooner rather than later.

It’s a bit like feeling a spot brewing on your chin but having to wait a little longer before it’s ready to squeeze. There’ll be a bit of pain, the nastiness is removed and then the healing begins. There’ll then be a period of perfect complexion (before the next pus-filled bubo starts to emerge).
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:10:26 »

I’m actually quite looking forward to the prospect of some kind of resolution, even if an outcome is relegation and / or points deduction. Hopefully it will usher in a new regime on and off the pitch sooner rather than later.

It’s a bit like feeling a spot brewing on your chin but having to wait a little longer before it’s ready to squeeze. There’ll be a bit of pain, the nastiness is removed and then the healing begins. There’ll then be a period of perfect complexion (before the next pus-filled bubo starts to emerge).
Be careful of what you wish for! A 10 point this season and 20 point deduction next season could be as bad as expulsion from the league. Do you think the club would come back from that?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:18:26 »

Friday Statements later? I'm guessing not if they've still got a while to appeal, but it would be nice for tradition.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:18:55 »

Be careful of what you wish for! A 10 point this season and 20 point deduction next season could be as bad as expulsion from the league. Do you think the club would come back from that?

And then we'd all be free!!!!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:20:13 »

Oddly enough, this doesn't worry me.  If we were ushered out of the League and had to restart several divisions below, I think the club would weather it.  Maybe even enjoy the journey.  Away games would be well attended, and matchday rituals would carry on.

If this is the price we have to pay to move on, I'd be OK to pay it.  What I can't stand is the eternal purgatory of shifty ownership.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:26:12 »

Oddly enough, this doesn't worry me.  If we were ushered out of the League and had to restart several divisions below, I think the club would weather it.  Maybe even enjoy the journey.  Away games would be well attended, and matchday rituals would carry on.

If this is the price we have to pay to move on, I'd be OK to pay it.  What I can't stand is the eternal purgatory of shifty ownership.

I'm inclined to agree with you, but then again I am a shit fan who lives muiles away and doesn't attend bar the occasional away fixture.

Would remove the hope value attached to the club which would hopefully in turn allow the fans with deep pockets that we often hear of to actually get involved at a sensible level and go from there.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:30:00 »

Yep same. I'm a shit fan anyway like Horlock that picks and chooses games each season. Whatever division we are in I'll go and watch and enjoy the day out win, lose or draw. Ironically enough, I would probably watch less games the higher division we are in due to increased ticket cost/demand etc.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:30:30 »

And then we'd all be free!!!!!
That's true!  Clap

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Flashheart

« Reply #249 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:32:39 »

Last season, in the bottom league, was lots of fun. As was the previous season we got promoted from that league.

I'm not at all for restarting lower down because I don't think it will solve anything. But that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyable. (Although it could still be shit).
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:44:06 »

I am sure the club in its defence could argue that it gained no unfair performance benefit on the pitch during the period of the  Power and Standing collaboration which apparently ended before last season's promotion.

Apart from 2014-15 play off season, which was largely based on the pre Power signings and some good loan deals, we have gone backwards and any money lent was blown keeping lower league footballers in employment they might not have achieved.

Sent from my SM-T500
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #251 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:44:52 »

I think any sort of harsh division altering punishment would probably unite the fan base (which is probably the least divided it’s been ever?) and possibly create a bit of ‘us vs then’ mentality - which is usually a good thing in football.

Getting that knock out punch and hitting rock bottom might just get the fan base up and fighting again more so than getting continual jabs for 9 rounds. I dunno...
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:48:45 »

I don’t think it’s impossible. If the club survived, I’d still watch us slug it out in Div 5. There are plenty of teams in there that we’d be reacquainted with.
Flashheart

« Reply #253 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:51:45 »

I am sure the club in its defence could argue that it gained no unfair performance benefit on the pitch during the period of the  Power and Standing collaboration which apparently ended before last season's promotion.

Apart from 2014-15 play off season, which was largely based on the pre Power signings and some good loan deals, we have gone backwards and any money lent was blown keeping lower league footballers in employment they might not have achieved.

I doubt that would stand up.

Whether or not we benefited is relative. Things haven't been great, but they might have been even worse without that money.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 08:57:28 »

I doubt that would stand up.

Whether or not we benefited is relative. Things haven't been great, but they might have been even worse without that money.

I think there is a lot of straw clutching going on, Power (who remember is basically the club) broke the rules and thus sanctions will follow, there is no precedent I can think of of the FA/FL etc saying OK it were the owners who done it, we will spare the fans, it just doesn't happen.

Likewise, whether we gained benefit or not is irrelevant, its like arguing that whilst you were found in someone's bedroom having smashed a window to enter as you ignored the telly and just nicked a watch its not really burglary.

Still think there is some sort of rat fight going on in the background otherwise I would have expected to have heard from Clem by now considering he is in many ways an innocent party who stands to lose cash here.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:00:53 by horlock07 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: