Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84183 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10:01:14 »

Although obviously devious and dodgy, how is Standing/Barry giving Power a load of dosh into his own bank account which he then uses to run the club break any rules? If the money went straight into the clubs bank account, fair enough, but it didn’t.

I suppose the 2 goons actually fessing up doesn’t help.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10:07:26 »

Although obviously devious and dodgy, how is Standing/Barry giving Power a load of dosh into his own bank account which he then uses to run the club break any rules? If the money went straight into the clubs bank account, fair enough, but it didn’t.

I suppose the 2 goons actually fessing up doesn’t help.

I think, its a case of 'if it wasn't for those pesky kids we'd have got away with it' scenario. As you say, dodgy Standing loaned/gave dodgy Power £6 million of moolah via his bank account to invest into the club with an aim to get some money back via player sale profits?

Because of the court case, this has now come out on the open and subsequently the FA investigation?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Panda Paws

« Reply #167 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10:12:40 »

It's because Standing is an agent. You cannot have agents having an interest in a club. It's as simple as that.

The semantics around the floe of money etc will be determined by the FA Panel and the court case. It's quite clear that Standing and/or Barry were involved with the funding of the club, and that's in clear breach of the FA regs.

It's a pretty open/shut case in my untrained opinion.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10:18:12 »

It's because Standing is an agent. You cannot have agents having an interest in a club. It's as simple as that.

The semantics around the floe of money etc will be determined by the FA Panel and the court case. It's quite clear that Standing and/or Barry were involved with the funding of the club, and that's in clear breach of the FA regs.

It's a pretty open/shut case in my untrained opinion.

As I said before, by only charging Power and Standing the FA appear to have concluded that Powers suggestion that the cash came from Barry is bollocks, which is interesting and appears to almost predetermine the court case as that seems to be Powers almost sole defence to counter Standing.
Panda Paws

« Reply #169 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10:23:07 »

As I said before, by only charging Power and Standing the FA appear to have concluded that Powers suggestion that the cash came from Barry is bollocks, which is interesting and appears to almost predetermine the court case as that seems to be Powers almost sole defence to counter Standing.

Quite.

It feels like we're mid unravel. The only question is how much damage is caused while the unravelling is completed.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10:47:53 »

I suppose the protagonists refusal to show the FA relevant bank accounts doesn’t inspire confidence.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10:50:15 »

Because it's an obvious dodge to get round the rules and so is explicitly covered in the rules. You should probably have a read of them

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/agents/intermediaries/the-fa-working-with-intermediaries-regulations-2020-21.ashx
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10:51:18 »

I do think the fans need to step up now. I don't know how or what, but it feels like it's time. I hadn't been on the "Power is the devil" train (although I never liked him) but this is too much. I don't feel like the Trust asking for answers is enough any more (no knock at the Trust, they're doing what they can).

Anyone got their orange hat still?  
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10:53:42 »

I suppose the protagonists refusal to show the FA relevant bank accounts doesn’t inspire confidence.

Where has that come from?
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 10:55:13 »

They can still charge Barry at a later date, this will run a while yet.
It won't have any bearing on the court case.   FA regulations are not contract law and a judge > fa panel.

A court can also demand unrestricted access to bank accounts etc where the FA cannot.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 11:00:03 »

Where has that come from?
‘Barry, 40, who won 53 caps for England, and Standing both refused to hand over financial records to FA investigators, while Power let them see heavily redacted ones.
SunSport has also seen incredible claims made in court by former Norwich striker Power, 48, during his High Court battle with Standing last May.
A meeting was claimed to have been held at Barry’s house in March 2013.
Power insisted Barry knew full well he would be breaking FA rules.
The same applied to Standing, as he was a football agent, with both sure to fail the “fit-and-proper test”.
So they came up with an oral deal with the idea Power “would sell his shares in the club in around five years after he hoped to have turned around its fortunes and would share the profits arising from any increase in the value of Swindon with Barry, in exchange for Barry providing funds”.
Losses at the club would be funded 50-50 by Barry and Power and the pair would share equally any profits on player sales.’
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 11:05:25 »

‘Barry, 40, who won 53 caps for England, and Standing both refused to hand over financial records to FA investigators, while Power let them see heavily redacted ones.
SunSport has also seen incredible claims made in court by former Norwich striker Power, 48, during his High Court battle with Standing last May.
A meeting was claimed to have been held at Barry’s house in March 2013.
Power insisted Barry knew full well he would be breaking FA rules.
The same applied to Standing, as he was a football agent, with both sure to fail the “fit-and-proper test”.
So they came up with an oral deal with the idea Power “would sell his shares in the club in around five years after he hoped to have turned around its fortunes and would share the profits arising from any increase in the value of Swindon with Barry, in exchange for Barry providing funds”.
Losses at the club would be funded 50-50 by Barry and Power and the pair would share equally any profits on player sales.’

If that’s blatantly wrong to the point of defamation of character or slander I’m sure the currant bun will invite either party to sue them.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 11:09:10 »

If that’s blatantly wrong to the point of defamation of character or slander I’m sure the currant bun will invite either party to sue them.

Bar the first bit, all the rest has been in the public domain for months, the second para should actually begin 'Sunsport has read the judgement'..
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 11:09:33 »

I need to e mail Gareth Barry and Michael standing and tell them I'm a Nigerian prince. If they did send the money to Nigeria there'd be a bigger paper trail than the £6m to power.
Power being a cunt is not exactly a secret in football as Rushden and diamonds and Cambridge and the program printing mallarky had shown.
In way you've got to admire power in his ability to keep plates spinning and finding gullible idiots like Barry and standing.  
scillyred

« Reply #179 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 11:13:15 »

You can be sure that HMRC will be sniffing around as well  Hmmm
They don't give up !
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: