Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84189 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:28:04 »

Yet, the EFL and FA sanction these bad owners to take charge of clubs.
I've seen Andy Holt trying to make this point on Twitter - that the EFL's poor governance is responsible for "bad owners". But the EFL isn't an external body separate from the owners, it is a members' club made up of the owners. It is the owners who vote on what regulations should govern how clubs are bought, sold and run. It is the owners who have the power to demand the employees of the EFL enforce those regulations. Strangely the owners tend to choose not to vote for them to be governed more strictly. If the owners of clubs think there is a problem with "bad owners", they only have themselves to blame and might like to ask themselves why they continually choose not to enact and enforce regulations that would prevent "bad owners". Maybe they're "bad owners" too?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:28:38 »

Apparently...
I saw him there on Monday. In full coaching kit.

EDIT: Tuesday. Damn Bank Holidays!
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:43:21 by pauld » Logged
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:29:51 »

Apparently...

This story suggests he was 'previously' here, albeit he could be doing both I suppose, albeit not very well. https://www.wlrfm.com/2021/03/03/seamus-brady-the-new-blues-first-team-coach/
Flashheart

« Reply #153 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:31:16 »

This story suggests he was 'previously' here, albeit he could be doing both I suppose, albeit not very well. https://www.wlrfm.com/2021/03/03/seamus-brady-the-new-blues-first-team-coach/

Apparently, he knows nothing about that.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:32:23 »

What were you doing around the club wearing full coaching kit, full kit wanker!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:34:06 »

What were you doing around the club wearing full coaching kit, full kit wanker!
Cheesy
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:35:21 »

Apparently, he knows nothing about that.

I assume he also knows nothing about being listed on the Waterford FC website as Assistant Manager, this guy rivals Miss Rabbit for having multiple jobs. https://waterfordfc.ie/club/

I had always assumed he was an older guy....
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:36:27 »

When did Chorley go?
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #158 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:36:58 »

I've seen Andy Holt trying to make this point on Twitter - that the EFL's poor governance is responsible for "bad owners". But the EFL isn't an external body separate from the owners, it is a members' club made up of the owners. It is the owners who vote on what regulations should govern how clubs are bought, sold and run. It is the owners who have the power to demand the employees of the EFL enforce those regulations. Strangely the owners tend to choose not to vote for them to be governed more strictly. If the owners of clubs think there is a problem with "bad owners", they only have themselves to blame and might like to ask themselves why they continually choose not to enact and enforce regulations that would prevent "bad owners". Maybe they're "bad owners" too?
I think iirc he was one of the few who does vote against it,like you say be nice to see them all vote accordingly
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:39:35 »

I feel today is going to be an F5 kind of day....
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:42:47 »

I have no doubt he is spending his time working at the club, more of a case of whether he is still employed by Swindon Town FC.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:45:02 »

When did Chorley go?

It kind of says it in my quote Cheesy

He left a couple of months ago - but this debarcle also shows why so many others have got out of dodge as soon as possible, Wellens/Seamus Brady (allegedly)/Ben Chorley (yesterday)/Mark Isaccs and Adam & Kay Wainwright - I am sure there are many others..  The writing has obviously been on the wall internally for quite a while

Keep up Tans..

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:46:04 »

I think iirc he was one of the few who does vote against it,like you say be nice to see them all vote accordingly
He is yes, but he bangs on about the EFL vs "bad owners" like the EFL is an external force when it's not. It's a club of the owners. If the majority of those owners don't want to clamp down on "bad owners" maybe there is a majority of bad owners?

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:46:35 »

I have no doubt he is spending his time working at the club, more of a case of whether he is still employed by Swindon Town FC.
Fair point. Too subtle for me Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #164 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:50:49 »

I assume he also knows nothing about being listed on the Waterford FC website as Assistant Manager, this guy rivals Miss Rabbit for having multiple jobs. https://waterfordfc.ie/club/

From what I gather he knows about being listed, but nothing about actually having the job. Or, at least, that's what he says.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: