Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84209 times)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #135 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:00:32 »

The fact that Power is prepared to throw everyone and the club under the bus shows we are in for a rough few months.Ideally we sell the club now and the FA deal with them separately and give us a fine.

That would be nice 
Flashheart

« Reply #136 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:08:05 »

There wouldn't be much point in punishing the club as Power is clearly off soon. It would be the next incumbent that will suffer, not the person who's actually responsible. Not that that would stop the FA.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:11:59 »

I know nothing about corporate law and fa about FA regulations.

Does anyone more knowledgeable however think the club may have a counter claim against Power for any losses arising from Power acting in breach of his fiduciary duty to the club, in particular for acting outside of its constitution?

This would be looking many steps ahead and may be something for a future owner to consider.  I am doubtful it would have any relevance on the FAs ability to punish the club.

It may not be the white knight in shining armour but I am hopeful that we, the supporters, will be in a much better position for the existence of the Trust.

Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:24:31 »

I actually laughed when I seen this yesterday, it’s just another fuck up.

In other news Adam Wainwright had apparently left the club which is a shame.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:28:00 »

He loaned the club £6m!   So yes the club benefitted on the pitch by being able to fund a team beyond it otherwise could have done.

The results this season suggest otherwise  Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:48:26 »

There wouldn't be much point in punishing the club as Power is clearly off soon. It would be the next incumbent that will suffer, not the person who's actually responsible. Not that that would stop the FA.
Indeed, the precedents aren't encouraging. A Luton fan pointed out to me last night that they were deducted 10 points when the new board came clean about underhand dealings by the old board. Punished for being honest. That was nearly 15 years ago though so maybe there has been an outbreak of common sense in the FA since (clutches desperately at straws)
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #141 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:53:25 »

He has yes, left month or so ago  Angry Be no one left who gives a fuck at the club soon
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 08:54:56 »

He left a couple of months ago - but this debarcle also shows why so many others have got out of dodge as soon as possible, Wellens/Seamus Brady (allegedly)/Ben Chorley (yesterday)/Mark Isaccs and Adam & Kay Wainwright - I am sure there are many others..  The writing has obviously been on the wall internally for quite a while

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:04:38 »

Indeed, the precedents aren't encouraging. A Luton fan pointed out to me last night that they were deducted 10 points when the new board came clean about underhand dealings by the old board. Punished for being honest. That was nearly 15 years ago though so maybe there has been an outbreak of common sense in the FA since (clutches desperately at straws)

It's probably self-preservation, but I have absolutely no expectation of the club going unpunished if anything is proven. There are a lot of precedents for clubs being punished for having bad owners, as you say.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:11:58 »

Yet, the EFL and FA sanction these bad owners to take charge of clubs.

It is interesting, though, that the club and Power have been charged separately - presumably so any punishments can be ‘tailored’.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:14:57 »

We have a very good track record with the footballing authorities. I would, therefore, expect a very lenient punishment as normal

I come from a land down-under
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:17:20 »

We have a very good track record with the footballing authorities. I would, therefore, expect a very lenient punishment as normal

Almost certainly just a polite repremand not to do it again.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:22:25 »

He left a couple of months ago - but this debarcle also shows why so many others have got out of dodge as soon as possible, Wellens/Seamus Brady (allegedly)/Ben Chorley (yesterday)/Mark Isaccs and Adam & Kay Wainwright - I am sure there are many others..  The writing has obviously been on the wall internally for quite a while
Seamus is still at the club, FWIW
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:24:46 »

It's probably self-preservation, but I have absolutely no expectation of the club going unpunished if anything is proven. There are a lot of precedents for clubs being punished for having bad owners, as you say.

I imagine its mainly stop clubs being 'sold' to avoid punishment, be interesting to see Clems thoughts on this matter, especially as Powers actions have the potential to make his £1.5m investment worth the square root of fuck all.

Still think something fairly fundamental has happened in the court proceedings for the FA to have taken action that could so obviously prejudice the case.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 09:25:26 »

Seamus is still at the club, FWIW

Apparently...

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: