Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84188 times)
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:02:51 »

So, has Standing, as a football agent, placed any players with the club or facilitated the transfer of players out of the club for his own financial gain?

Seems to me all he’s done is lose a shit load of money. Would the charge be different or more/less severe if it was Standing or Barry that put the money in?
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:05:46 »

can't see the FA being happy to do that. especially if punishment potentially affects the structure of the leagues
Can’t imagine the FA’s lawyers being happy with the potential legal ramifications of prejudicing a court case either. A mess...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:06:14 »

So, has Standing, as a football agent, placed any players with the club or facilitated the transfer of players out of the club for his own financial gain?
That isn't really the point. The rule is what it is and if Standing has indeed put money into the club in return for an ownership stake or beneficial interest then that is forbidden under rule E4

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/agents/intermediaries/the-fa-working-with-intermediaries-regulations-2020-21.ashx

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:06:55 »

Can’t imagine the FA’s lawyers being happy with the potential legal ramifications of prejudicing a court case either. A mess...
As Shrivvy Road has pointed out on Twitter (and Flashheart on here earlier apparently), it may be that the FA charge is an indication that the case has been settled out of court.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:11:40 by pauld » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:08:08 »

As Shrivvy Road has pointed out on Twitter, it may be that the FA charge is an indication that the case has been settled out of court.

I was wondering something along these lines. I think I mentioned it earlier.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:10:08 »

That isn't really the point. The rule is what it is and if Standing has indeed put money into the club in return for an ownership stake or beneficial interest then that is forbidden under rule E4

https://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/thefaportal/governance-docs/agents/intermediaries/the-fa-working-with-intermediaries-regulations-2020-21.ashx

OK. Thanks. In that case I can’t see how the charge is severe enough to warrant a points deduction.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:11:18 »

OK. Thanks. In that case I can’t see how the charge is severe enough to warrant a points deduction.
Well, let's hope you're on the panel then!
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:13:29 »

Seems to me all he’s done is lose a shit load of money. Would the charge be different or more/less severe if it was Standing or Barry that put the money in?

In the fullness of time it will come out on who actually “owns” the club in financial terms.
Don’t forget a contract can still exist verbally and you only have to see that the Clem ownership issue was settled out of Court.
The “other” battle is likely to be an identical case but initially with more at stake. This Club is being financed by borrowed money. If you are willing to stick some money in I will get you a playing contract.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:14:30 »

Quote from: pauld
As Shrivvy Road has pointed out on Twitter (and Flashheart on here earlier apparently), it may be that the FA charge is an indication that the case has been settled out of court.

or that the court case outcome has no bearing on the charge.

I hope it's because it's settled though. It makes it more likely Power is sodding off.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:17:05 »

Can go many ways.
Don’t forget our history. All depends on what the panel see fit on the day.
One thing guaranteed we are not a “well run” football club and when the drains get lifted this could expose some interesting facts.
Unfortunately as in most cases the real hurt is always subjected to the Supporters.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:21:39 »

Who were they?

National Homebuild and Renovation Centre based over at Blagrove.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:22:34 »

I hope it's because it's settled though. It makes it more likely Power is sodding off.

Power can’t last much longer.
Just hoping he is not “forced” in December and we don’t have to wait that long. Would be in his interest if his “legal representative” obtain a settlement and keeps the history under cover.
It’s a long time until December and the club still have bills to pay.
The recent news will have a severe impact on season ticket sales which are being held back. It’s going to be a case of holding onto your money and playing a time game.
Our biggest challenge currently is off the field.
Flashheart

« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:24:51 »

I don't see how it can't.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:27:11 »

In the words of bootlegger

“FUCK THIS SHIIIT”
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 20:27:20 »

I wonder what Digger has to say about it all? Also his offer to by the club recently may have been a harbinger of what has come out today.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: