Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84258 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:08:32 »

How dropping from League One to the National League, National League South or lower can be seen as a realistic, fair or a postive means to an end just to oust the current owner is beyond me.

A lot of the warm and fuzzy sentiment surrounding a jolly in Non-League is very much reliant on Swindon winning most games, which isn't a guarentee, and also remaining at the County Ground which again might not be a given (and even then, with 1 or 2 stands open).

I really don't think this would be as glamorous as some make out and the novelty for most would be well and truly gone by the time we get our heads around a 2-1 Boxing Day loss at Maidenhead. I know people like the booze and the day out but it really isn't worth it based on the shrug-of-the-shoulders-sacrifices being outlined by some.

Fans need to maintain focus. If Power and co are guilty then we need the Football Association to ensure that these individuals are out of game so Town can seek new ownership who are willing to pick up the pieces with the club in the EFL, where we deserve to be for 2021/22 at the very least.

We are a Football League side of 100 years and our only spell away was a year in the Premier League. Let's not wish it away because of one owner.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:14:53 »

How dropping from League One to the National League, National League South or lower can be seen as a realistic, fair or a postive means to an end just to oust the current owner is beyond me.

A lot of the warm and fuzzy sentiment surrounding a jolly in Non-League is very much reliant on Swindon winning most games, which isn't a guarentee, and also remaining at the County Ground which again might not be a given (and even then, with 1 or 2 stands open).

I really don't think this would be as glamorous as some make out and the novelty for most would be well and truly gone by the time we get our heads around a 2-1 Boxing Day loss at Maidenhead. I know people like the booze and the day out but it really isn't worth it based on the shrug-of-the-shoulders-sacrifices being outlined by some.

Fans need to maintain focus. If Power and co are guilty then we need the Football Association to ensure that these individuals are out of game so Town can seek new ownership who are willing to pick up the pieces with the club in the EFL, where we deserve to be for 2021/22 at the very least.

We are a Football League side of 100 years and our only spell away was a year in the Premier League. Let's not wish it away because of one owner.

Absolutely spot on.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:19:37 »

There is difficulty in separating the club from the owner especially if Power uses the same lawyers in our defence to save money. Ideally, you would mount a club defence that funding solely came via the owner. Unfortunately his hands on approach doesn't help compared to say an Andrew Black type owner who sat in the background handing over money.

The point around unfair advantage was used against the club in 1990 that our progress through the divisions was somehow purely based on the out of contract bunging players an extra few quid off the back of a win. Rather than a great talent spotting manager finding players good enough to play in World Cups.

Of course if the money had come from a loan shark, Wonga loans or some dodgy non football related connections then it's within the rules. But because it's within the game it's worthy of huge penalties.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:21:38 »

When has the FA/FL ever applied sanctions in that way, the club broke the rules, the club will unfortunately have to pay the consequences and no manner of making out we are some sort of special case is going to change that sadly. We may be a club of 100+ years standing so were Bolton who some might argue have a much more illustrious history than us broke the rules through the actions of their owners, the club got sanctioned (and that was after new owners had taken over an option we don't even have at the moment), so were Bury, likewise with Wigan (albeit without the illustrious history).

Would I want to see us relegated, not in the slightest and it would be shit and a struggle to recover, but we need to be realistic in what we are dealing with here rather than thinking it won't happen to us. WE get found guilty the outcome is going to hurt the club and fans.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:30:03 by horlock07 » Logged
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:22:20 »

Fuck all that old bollocks, I've already got the London Reds picking out suitable pubs for Maidenhead away.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
chalkies shorts

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:28:05 »

What's to stop power staying and just funding the club to the money that comes in. Unless the authorities ban him then he's still in charge. He can't be thought any less of so why not stay and try and rinse the club and others further. I can't see how it is in his interest to go unless someone gives him shit loads and a confidentiality agreement not to disclose anything they find. Who would do that at the moment. Best to wait until court cases resolved and fan pressure mounts on power.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:29:22 »

It's going to be hard for theFA to prove anything if the relevant parties are refusing to disclose financial information - which I presume the FA can't force them.

I reckon the reason the club and Power have been charged individually - especially as, atm, they are one and the same - is the FA know about an impending sale and don't want Power getting off Scot free, leaving the club as the only recipient of a punishment.

Power will be banned from further involvement with football, the club  will get fined, Standing will get his Agents licence revoked.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:32:44 »

As I pointed out on Twitter yesterday, the thing with national League is this:

Oxford and Rovers bounded back.

But look at the list that haven't yet:

Hartlepool, Torquay, Stockport, Notts County, Chesterfield, Wrexham, Aldershot, Yeovil, Barnet
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:34:11 »

What's to stop power staying and just funding the club to the money that comes in. Unless the authorities ban him then he's still in charge. He can't be thought any less of so why not stay and try and rinse the club and others further. I can't see how it is in his interest to go unless someone gives him shit loads and a confidentiality agreement not to disclose anything they find. Who would do that at the moment. Best to wait until court cases resolved and fan pressure mounts on power.
what money. he seems to have borrowed/secured most of it from Standing, Clem and, allegedly, Taylor Curran's dad, the security guy and Marty Byrd.

Doubt any will lend him any more
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:35:34 »

It's going to be hard for theFA to prove anything if the relevant parties are refusing to disclose financial information - which I presume the FA can't force them.

As the FA basically sanctions all football, I would assume they will have some power to basically fuck us over if we don't co-operate?
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:36:45 »

Hartlepool, Torquay, Stockport, Notts County, Chesterfield, Wrexham, Aldershot, Yeovil, Barnet

Several others have bounced back as well to be fair. Doncaster many years ago, Lincoln, Luton, Grimsby, Mansfield, Carlisle etc etc. I'd say we were more on that level than Torquay, Hartlepool et al with no disrespect to them.

However I do get the point. I'd rather not go down there because there's no guarantee it's an instant response at all.
Flashheart

« Reply #266 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:38:14 »

I don't know what people think ending up in non-league would achieve.

We'd still have owners, who may or may not be shysters. We'd still have managers who may or may not be shite.

Some might think the former will be answered by fan ownership, but that would not eradicate the need for money and even a well-meaning ownership will not be immune to making poor decisions.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:42:34 »

Quote from: Tails

Several others have bounced back as well to be fair. Doncaster many years ago, Lincoln, Luton, Grimsby, Mansfield, Carlisle etc etc. I'd say we were more on that level than Torquay, Hartlepool et al with no disrespect to them.

However I do get the point. I'd rather not go down there because there's no guarantee it's an instant response at all.

Fair point. I guess bouncing back would be dependant on whatever mess the current owner leaves us in financially.

in any case, we are all agreed - let's not find out!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:43:02 »

Exeter and Cheltenham also. Whilst I do agree with what you and RP are saying, it isn't quite as difficult to get out of the Conference these days now they have opened up the play-offs down to 8th (I think). In previous times when it was only 1/2 up, that was a slog to get out of.

That said, nobody really knows the punishment(s) we are likely to be served up, I think the non-league chat is very much glass totally empty chat that no fan wants, but may have to accept, should anything more serious than financial punishment come to pass.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Friday, April 9, 2021, 09:43:46 »

I forgot about the crazy playoffs they've got now
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: