Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 60   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The Club Charged By The FA  (Read 84194 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, April 7, 2021, 22:14:44 »

Wonder why the FA has acted now to bring this charge? To my knowledge the Standing conflict of interest thing has been in the public domain for at least six months. Is this just the legal process plodding along or has something new come to light?

Perhaps the fa have been compiling their evidence over this time
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 05:06:31 »

What’s the reasoning behind both Power and STFC, individually, being in breach of this regulation? Is there a case that Power, as an individual, is in breach and the club is not?

Same goes for First Touch and Standing being named separately.

Anyone any idea when Standing stopped putting money into the club? Is it likely he financed last season’s promotion?

Has the club, on the pitch, benefited from this breach of regulations?
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 05:07:34 »

Standing stopped putting money in when power changed the login details to the clubs bank account and rightly so

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 06:11:26 »

Which was when? Same time as he locked Clem out?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 06:27:08 »

I know its the sun, but

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14577530/gareth-barry-fa-rap-swindon-stake/
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 06:28:49 »

What’s the reasoning behind both Power and STFC, individually, being in breach of this regulation? Is there a case that Power, as an individual, is in breach and the club is not?

Anyone any idea when Standing stopped putting money into the club? Is it likely he financed last season’s promotion?

Has the club, on the pitch, benefited from this breach of regulations?

He loaned the club £6m!   So yes the club benefitted on the pitch by being able to fund a team beyond it otherwise could have done.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 06:46:18 »

He loaned the club £6m!   So yes the club benefitted on the pitch by being able to fund a team beyond it otherwise could have done.

That’s in theory no different to any other external person(s) providing extra funding.

It’s that fact that it’s a agent/player that’s the issue.

How many players have we bought/sold who were already on Standings books and have any of our players changed agents to Standing during their tenure here?
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 06:52:12 »

It’s quite difficult to make a case for why we shouldn’t have a hefty fine and a points deduction. Thanks Lee.  There goes the plan to have a clean slate next season - starting on -15 points, reducing our ability to recruit a decent manager or decent players. I suspect the “but he’s my fackin maaate wot gave me the cash” defence won’t get Del Boy out of this.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 06:56:30 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Pookemon

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 06:53:21 »

That’s in theory no different to any other external person(s) providing extra funding.

It’s that fact that it’s a agent/player that’s the issue.

He's an agent who loaned the club £6m - he's not allowed to do that under FA rules so it is different to any other external person putting the cash in.

Audrey was asking how we benefitted on the pitch, which by implication would make a points deduction more likely.
Flashheart

« Reply #129 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 07:08:12 »

It’s quite difficult to make a case for why we shouldn’t have a hefty fine and a points deduction.

It isn't. People have already been doing it.

I'm not saying there won't be a points deduction - I don't know what will happen - but it's actually rather easy to make a case for their not being a points deduction.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 07:22:32 »

Yes, that's why they're all named separately. Any or all of them could be found to be in breach, separately or together, but that's unlikely, if one is guilty, it is likely all are. More importantly they can be punished separately - so the panel could throw the book at the individuals but give the corporate entities lighter punishments.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 07:26:26 »

Fine and ban Barry, Standing and Power from being anywhere near a football club ever again. Force the fuckers to sell up and fuck off for good but I think this is what will relegate us...

No wonder Scott Twine hasn't signed anything yet!

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 07:31:08 »

Link to same article without contributing to their coffers
https://archive.fo/3N3LA

Two interesting points in that article (assuming it's all correct):
1) The part of the intermediaries regs they are being charged under is E4 (conflict of interest). That's 2p you owe me, FH!
2) Power claims Barry paid him the money direct into his personal and business accounts, not to the club, in order to cover up his involvement. If that does turn out to be true, or if that is how Standing paid him, or both, what a fucking idiot/pair of fucking idiots.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 07:33:53 »

If Power's defence is that they were trying to cover it up, that's a bit of a concern.

About as good as our defence has been most of the year.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 07:42:30 »

It isn't. People have already been doing it.

I'm not saying there won't be a points deduction - I don't know what will happen - but it's actually rather easy to make a case for their not being a points deduction.

Perhaps I should say *credible* case. The lack of governance (at best) and intent to deceive (at worst) does not work in the club’s favour.
« Last Edit: Thursday, April 8, 2021, 07:45:20 by Frigby Daser » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 60   Go Up
Print
Jump to: