Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: For god’s sake, don’t leave it for others to rescue us. Burton Albion v STFC  (Read 24266 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, April 4, 2021, 20:53:32 »

No matter how Sheridactyl sets us up you can be assured of another 90 minutes of pure garbage.
Just hope we only have to endure this tedious shite to the end of the season and before we can come back to watch it.
Only knows what it will feel like tracking back from the most outer Northern posts after a showing of everyone behind the ball and hit and hope to an isolated player that can’t move.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 06:53:30 »

Proactive, energetic Brewers 4-0 Passive, we’ll let you dictate the play Robins
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 08:08:53 »

Hungry Brewers 3 Well Fed Robins 0
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 08:29:59 »

1-1 and another point towards staying up
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 08:45:04 »

3-0 to Burton. Set up to play kick and rush and park the bus but unfortunately park the bus on top of a hill with a the handbrake off resulting in disaster. Suicide
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 08:58:11 »

Today is a hard one to predict as we're now nearly in the can't afford to lose situation as defeat today and against a free scoring Peterborough on Saturday will leave us close to the trap door. Sadly 2-1 to Burton

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #36 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 09:29:22 »

After a pretty decent performances vs Fleetwood and a half decent one vs Rovers we were brought pretty firmly back to earth against a decent Blackpool, a game I didn't think we would win TBH, but after Sheridactyl saying we would take the game to them, as we did vs Fleetwood, we actually did anything but that.

1st 20 mins we did fairly well and matched them and even had a couple of chances, then we sat back and let them onto us without barely a whimper of complaint from us, wave after wave of them outpassing us and we didnt get a look in, inviting them on when we were told we would be the team attacking by the man.

If we sit back today against Burton they will beat us, simple, we don't have the players to sit back and invite teams onto us and hit them on the break. We look best when we press them high up the pitch and stop them having all the possession and all the ball with us constantly chasing it setting up attack after atttack.

Under Jimmy Flloyd Hasselhoff they are playing more of a passing game with a lone striker in Hemmings with 2 wingers and a free role number 10 and 2 defensive midfielders in front of a back 4, again similar to how we lined up with a back 4 before we changed to the 3 CB's.

I have a feeling we will bring Grounds and possibly Missilou back today and change the shape of the team.

If we set up to press them and pass the ball on the ground I think we can get a result, if we sit back then they will beat us, simple.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 09:38:47 »

Agreed, not going to use Blackpool as the yard stick, as they are fairly decent. But it's hard to disagree we had large periods of being disappointing and passive.

I don't think we can afford to lose today. it's not terminal, but we need to keep as many in the relegation mix as we can.

it's going to be hard. going to hope for a draw
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 09:41:41 »

Relaxation mix and going to be hard have all sorts of images running through my head.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 09:46:41 »

doh! fixed
Peter Venkman

« Reply #40 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 09:57:35 »

Relaxation mix and going to be hard have all sorts of images running through my head.
A far better option!

Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 10:14:37 »

Still hope to be able to make the pilgrimage to Burton, the capital of brewing, next season.
Cooper's Tavern, what a great pub, just like walking into someone's house and beer straight from the barrels stacked up in the back room.

Can't see a third away win on the trot.
A point would be ok but there is no reason to show any fear of our opponents today.
Payne and Twine, if selected, will need to be a lot more prominent than they were on Friday.

Don't think that this will feature in the dressing room playlist.
Go on BP you can do it, you've got one job to do so just let the rest of them do the running.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #42 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 10:32:45 »

The other fixtures affecting our position today are.

Hull (1st) v Northampton (19th)
Wimbledon (21st) v Fleetwood (16th)
Wigan (22nd) v Portsmouth (6th)
Rovers (23rd) v Doncaster (10th)
Rochdale (24th) v Ipswich (9th)

adje

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 10:33:41 »

Very little home advantage these days. 2-1 Town

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 10:44:44 »

The other fixtures affecting our position today are.

Hull (1st) v Northampton (19th)
Wimbledon (21st) v Fleetwood (16th)
Wigan (22nd) v Portsmouth (6th)
Rovers (23rd) v Doncaster (10th)
Rochdale (24th) v Ipswich (9th)

You just know that they’ll all go in our favour and we’ll lose...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: