Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kill the Bill  (Read 9327 times)
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:13:33 »

Some of the views expressed on these politically themed threads concern me somewhat.

Nothing to see here
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:16:22 »

Gonna all start putting double 8s after are usernames
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:16:40 »

Well disagree about the BBC which I see as a politically correct left wing preaching outlet.
Where you say the press don't do their job properly, we probably have the best press anywhere in the world. Free and varied. They'll print what sells. The Tory papers will happily report anti Tory stuff.
The Jennifer Arcuri scandal - where the Prime Minister gave his mistress £175,000 of public money, and there's a further unexplained £750k of "investment" into her company - was largely ignored by the "left wing" BBC, certainly by their political correspondents, and was a one-day wonder treated as a "kiss and tell" shagpiece story in much of the rest of the press, rather than the tale of blatant corruption it clearly is. Compare and contrast the obsessive multi-week raking over the total non-story of Meghan Markle and that ginger bloke she's married to. Sure, best press in the world. Have a word.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:17:09 »

I'd ask the miners if Thatcher respected the law and democracy. I think she did neither.
It would help if we had an apposition that actually opposed instead of being led by the invisible Man.

You could ask the general population what they thought of the unions holding the country to ransom every ten minutes.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 5, 2021, 16:42:25 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:17:31 »

How far to the fucking right do you have to be to think the current news output of the bbc is left wing?
That is a fucking good question

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:18:36 »

I think the unions are the least of our problems

Nothing to see here
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:19:17 »

For years the left have thought the BBC is too right wing and visa versa

Those views will probably never change whatever the true picture is, people hear what they want to hear when they have an entrenched political viewpoint
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #82 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:25:05 »

You lot are depressing
Ha yes
adje

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:25:25 »

Those views will probably never change whatever the true picture is, people hear what they want to hear when they have an entrenched political viewpoint
Fair comment but I would love to know of any recent cases of left wing bias.

Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:26:50 »

Fair comment but I would love to know of any recent cases of left wing bias.

I’m sure someone on the right wing of the spectrum would have some
adje

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:29:36 »

I’m sure someone on the right wing of the spectrum would have some

Good answer! 😊

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:33:53 »

While it's true that both sides have seen their own bias, what has changed is that the govt have just appointed an explicitly political appointment as chairman of the BBC with no background in journalism or broadcasting who has made no secret of his desire to make the BBC more "conservative friendly" and has wasted no time in implementing it. That's a step change.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:39:39 »

And again, I'm not a member of the Labour party. But you'll continue to ignore that the same way you used to insist Reg was Paul Reg. It becomes impossible to discuss things sensibly with people who won't accept facts.

I didn’t say you were a member of the Labour Party did I? I know Reg wasn’t P a u l 🤣🤣 I confess to just taking the piss out of the old communist cunt and anyone else suckered into thinking otherwise.

Facts? As you see them you mean regardless of their truth and voracity.

I remember you virtually screaming at me through the keyboard demanding who I wanted to win the Conservative party election, as if it was any business of yours. I did piss myself laughing though. Thing is, you don’t see what other people see when you go on and on and on. It does as I’m sure my posts do become tiresome and people switch off. When you’re on here Paul you’re only ranting at a small mainly agreeable and bias audience. Your political fervour are to be admired but honestly wasted on here. You only have to look at the political thread, not so much the topics within but those who bother to post, same old, same old. Woe betide anyone who has a contrary disposition to you or the lefty mob. I wonder how GosportRib is these days, amongst others who gave up in the end.

Your admission WRT that cunt Blair was a pleasant surprise though but I think you’d fucking kill to have a cunt like him at No.10 right now. Better a labour cunt than a Tory cunt eh! In the real world of politics you’re fervour, knowledge, effort and enthusiasm is div 1 at best, your hierarchy are proud of you and pat you on the head like a good little serf to the cause. Me? I doubt I’d come up to Sunday league in comparison (before you or anyone else says it) but then I’m not suckered into the sordid, seedy and murky world of trying to play big boy politics. Once again those above you and me are happy to allow you to help keep them there to do what they always have and always will do. I hope the weather is nice when you go out leafletting for the council elections.

Think that about covers it today. Still at least we both support a red team 😁
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:51:43 »

Perspective is everything with the BBC.

The BBC was of course once quite well populated with liberal, educated types albeit also with decent representation of conservative thinking.  People with critical thinking faculties but who could still wave union jacks at the Proms, festoon their street parties with union jack bunting whilst falling short of a Nationalist presentation of international news and immigration "concerns".

As a small "l" liberal, I am specifically "concerned", about the increasing interest in "control" of our institutions.  Especially of the judiciary.  The modus of what has been happening to the BBC is my example.  

We've had decades of (undeclared) self-interested media campaigning over the iniquities of public service broadcasting and the licence fee and Government cuts and threats to BBC funding, alongside Government engineering of the BBC board and the appointment of the latest dyed in the wool Tory as its Director General.

Whether anyone thinks the news output needed changing is, to my thinking, different from whether it is a good thing that the Government of the day should bear an increasing influence on that output.  As a liberal, I am opposed to the latter.  I also love the much cut BBC World Service as a reliable and interesting source of news, not least because of its independent style.

« Last Edit: Monday, April 5, 2021, 13:56:17 by RedRag » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, April 5, 2021, 15:02:43 »

Spot on RR
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: